Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... 09:24 - Aug 24 with 3050 views66notout

...according to the Daily Record
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:25 - Aug 24 with 3045 viewsLibero

If that's right they must be offering him some deal, or he's been told by Colchester that they won't be offering him anything.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:37 - Aug 24 with 2989 viewsJakeITFC

Back with Berra, what a dream.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:45 - Aug 24 with 2953 viewsuefacup81

Kinda puts paid to the claims of some of the 'sIGn TOmMy AT aLL cOStS' brigade on here, that he was only considering Colchester because he wanted to play close to home.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:47 - Aug 24 with 2940 viewsWeWereZombies

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:37 - Aug 24 by JakeITFC

Back with Berra, what a dream.

Christophe is not really at Hearts at the moment, on loan at Dundee. However as the manager, Daniel Stendhal, who was trying to move him on has now been sacked himself he may go back to his home city to end his career. And see his place taken by Tommy Smith...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:48 - Aug 24 with 2939 viewsLibero

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:45 - Aug 24 by uefacup81

Kinda puts paid to the claims of some of the 'sIGn TOmMy AT aLL cOStS' brigade on here, that he was only considering Colchester because he wanted to play close to home.

You're assuming that the rumour is true and that he has an offer on the table in the local area. He's hardly going to go unemployed, is he?
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:06 - Aug 24 with 2867 viewsKeno

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 09:47 - Aug 24 by WeWereZombies

Christophe is not really at Hearts at the moment, on loan at Dundee. However as the manager, Daniel Stendhal, who was trying to move him on has now been sacked himself he may go back to his home city to end his career. And see his place taken by Tommy Smith...

B Hell what is it with Town players and Dundee!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:07 - Aug 24 with 2864 viewsLibero

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:06 - Aug 24 by Keno

B Hell what is it with Town players and Dundee!!

...or Dundee United.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:11 - Aug 24 with 2851 viewsJammyDodgerrr

All this clamour for us to sign him but he can't even get a club right now. Clearly Colchester not convinced and not looking at the second division in Scotland. Says it all.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:11 - Aug 24 with 2844 viewsKeno

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:07 - Aug 24 by Libero

...or Dundee United.

yeah them as well

Anyone think it was like Neverland up there

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:12 - Aug 24 with 2837 viewsLibero

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:11 - Aug 24 by JammyDodgerrr

All this clamour for us to sign him but he can't even get a club right now. Clearly Colchester not convinced and not looking at the second division in Scotland. Says it all.

Massive leap there, great effort.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:13 - Aug 24 with 2831 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:12 - Aug 24 by Libero

Massive leap there, great effort.

Just never understood the great desire on here for us to resign him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:19 - Aug 24 with 2811 viewsLibero

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:13 - Aug 24 by JammyDodgerrr

If we were linked to a 30 year old Defender who had nearly 300 Championship appearances under his belt and a large amount of international experience, including an appearance at the World Cup, we'd be over the moon.

People were desperate to make out that Smith is in some way past it, he isn't.
He's played 60 games out of a potential 68 over the last two years.

People were saying that he can't be that good because he never played for Sunderland after he was signed.
He had gone 3 months without playing, due to when the U.S season ends, he spent 3 weeks at Sunderland and then all games were abandoned due to Covid-19.

Once back up to speed he'd be better than Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien and probably Chamber too!

I'll see if I can get any info off the mutual acquaintance we have as to if he was offered anything by Colchester and if there's any truth in the Hearts link.
My initial thoughts is that if it is true then Colchester didn't offer anything it must be due to finances.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 13:03]
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 12:14 - Aug 24 with 2696 viewsWickets

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:19 - Aug 24 by Libero

If we were linked to a 30 year old Defender who had nearly 300 Championship appearances under his belt and a large amount of international experience, including an appearance at the World Cup, we'd be over the moon.

People were saying that he can't be that good because he never played for Sunderland after he was signed.
He had gone 3 months without playing, due to when the U.S season ends, he spent 3 weeks at Sunderland and then all games were abandoned due to Covid-19.

Once back up to speed he'd be better than Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien and probably Chamber too!

I'll see if I can get any info off the mutual acquaintance we have as to if he was offered anything by Colchester and if there's any truth in the Hearts link.
My initial thoughts is that if it is true then Colchester didn't offer anything it must be due to finances.

Yes i tend to agree . While we can never be sure i think there is a good chance Tommy will be able to do a least a good job for a couple of seasons in league 1 .I for one am not sure regards Nsiala or Wilson .
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 12:23 - Aug 24 with 2663 viewsGarv

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 12:14 - Aug 24 by Wickets

Yes i tend to agree . While we can never be sure i think there is a good chance Tommy will be able to do a least a good job for a couple of seasons in league 1 .I for one am not sure regards Nsiala or Wilson .

As back up League One defenders I don't think we're going to get any better than Wilson or an on form Nsiala. Smith potentially being the exception, but looks unlikely.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 12:24]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 13:00 - Aug 24 with 2585 viewsitfcjoe

Not happening, think he’ll have something sorted by weekend though from what I hear - no idea where though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 2414 viewsWickets

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 12:23 - Aug 24 by Garv

As back up League One defenders I don't think we're going to get any better than Wilson or an on form Nsiala. Smith potentially being the exception, but looks unlikely.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 12:24]

Well not only unlikely but its just not going to happen is it . My comment was that i have no idea how Tommy is going to go if and when he gets a club but i am sorry to say we do know what to expect from Toto . Wilson is for me is bang average but at least seems to know his limitations and plays to his strength so i have a little more faith in him . But if given the choice i would take a chance on Tommy over either of them .
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 16:39 - Aug 24 with 2346 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 13:00 - Aug 24 by itfcjoe

Not happening, think he’ll have something sorted by weekend though from what I hear - no idea where though

I haven't heard the Col U deal is not happening yet. Steve Ball apparently impressed by him.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 2292 viewsWickets

And throw into the mix he is a natural leftie of course ,Round pegs and all that. All of our Centre backs prefer to play on the right .
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 18:03 - Aug 24 with 2269 viewshaynes_toe1

Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 10:13 - Aug 24 by JammyDodgerrr

agree that he's hardly a missing piece to the jigsaw, I'd hardly be jumping for joy if we signed him but equally wouldn't be disappointed either. A 'meh' signing if there ever was one.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 19:07 - Aug 24 with 2224 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

As long as he isn't in talks with us.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 19:13 - Aug 24 with 2216 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

When you put it like that, go get him Lambert.
Tommy Smith in talks with Hearts... on 22:16 - Aug 24 with 2110 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024