Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... 18:26 - Aug 25 with 2080 viewshampstead_blue

....each had their TWTD username written on a piece of paper in their pocket.

How long before we all realised that we are on the whole a decent group of people. Disagreement is normal. Debate is awesome. Hate is not.

I don't think it would take too long, or too many beers before we all realised that face to face lots of things don't matter nor do they seem so amplified.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 1824 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You have a point, but maybe online forums give people a chance to let off steam, which then means they can behave more socially acceptably in other contexts.

Also, any group of people develops a culture: a way of doing things and acceptable norms. The Ts and Cs at the bottom of the page try and establish some of those boundaries, and Phil and Gav then police them, but the general culture of TWTD is a bit more feisty than the Ts and Cs would lead an independent observer to expect.

We have gone through a lot together. East Anglia contains many "swing" seats. Brexit split the UK 51.something 48.something. Pablo v Kuqi. Burley returning v a young manager with new ideas. Mick v Not Mick. And we even have pet scummers who visit.

Some of our number date back to 70s hooliganism, others are post-Three Lions.

We're a mixed bunch. We argue.

However, when board members have troubles we rally round.

We are TWTD.
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 18:48 - Aug 25 with 1796 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Very well put. The trouble with internet forums is that some people take them to seriously. The fact we can't see each other means some will act out of character. As long as we all take it as light hearted talk, then things should be fine. Good post mate.
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 18:51 - Aug 25 with 1783 viewslowhouseblue

why have we got our TWTD username written on a piece of paper in our pocket? so that we can put each others on our foreheads and play the 'who am I?" game as an ice breaker?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:00 - Aug 25 with 1754 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 18:51 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

why have we got our TWTD username written on a piece of paper in our pocket? so that we can put each others on our foreheads and play the 'who am I?" game as an ice breaker?

Ooh, great idea!

I can just hear the questions forming in my head now:

"Do I think George Burley ruined this club?"

"Where are my trainers?"

"Do I know where to buy a suit?"

"Would you drink from a mug of tea that I provided?"

"Am I a Busy C***?"

"Do I own an Audi A3?"

On second thoughts, scrap the last one, that's EVERYONE who was on the board 15 years ago.
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:02 - Aug 25 with 1753 viewshoppy

To be fair, I’d probably have a fully branded up hoodie with my logo on the back to be fairly obvious who I was... is that allowed?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:02 - Aug 25 with 1740 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Think you know the point he is trying to make.
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:06 - Aug 25 with 1723 viewsRyorry

Sorry, I don't seem to have the technique of linking the posts I want correctly, so here's c&p instead -

Abuse, winding-up, bans etc on 17:35 - Aug 25 by The_Romford_Blue

"Have to agree.
I’m pretty well known from on here in real life because I’ve posted my twitter account and my infamous man bag at games. So plenty of people have stopped for a chat, including people that I’ve had disagreements with. But I’ve always tried to stick to the idea that I only say stuff I’d say in real life - whether that be good or bad.

My reply: "I met monytowbray at a game purely because I knew who he was, as he was kitted out in his famous taco wear, so went up to say hello. Think it certainly helps reduce the arguments when those disagreeing have met in real life - maybe it's a matter of then just thinking of them as human beings, rather than anonymous usernames."
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 19:13]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:10 - Aug 25 with 1709 viewsPJH

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:02 - Aug 25 by hoppy

To be fair, I’d probably have a fully branded up hoodie with my logo on the back to be fairly obvious who I was... is that allowed?

No need, everyone on here knows you anyway from your work at the TWTD Introductions Centre.
Login to get fewer ads

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:20 - Aug 25 with 1674 viewsBlueastheycome

Nah, they all go in a bowl where the keys are usually put............................
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 19:23]
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:28 - Aug 25 with 1653 viewsDebsyAngel

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:06 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

Sorry, I don't seem to have the technique of linking the posts I want correctly, so here's c&p instead -

Abuse, winding-up, bans etc on 17:35 - Aug 25 by The_Romford_Blue

"Have to agree.
I’m pretty well known from on here in real life because I’ve posted my twitter account and my infamous man bag at games. So plenty of people have stopped for a chat, including people that I’ve had disagreements with. But I’ve always tried to stick to the idea that I only say stuff I’d say in real life - whether that be good or bad.

My reply: "I met monytowbray at a game purely because I knew who he was, as he was kitted out in his famous taco wear, so went up to say hello. Think it certainly helps reduce the arguments when those disagreeing have met in real life - maybe it's a matter of then just thinking of them as human beings, rather than anonymous usernames."
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 19:13]

Think people would recognise me as my hair stands out... black with blonde fringe and sides and wear an array of fake fur coats/jackets during the winter games!
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:30 - Aug 25 with 1634 viewsRyorry

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:28 - Aug 25 by DebsyAngel

Think people would recognise me as my hair stands out... black with blonde fringe and sides and wear an array of fake fur coats/jackets during the winter games!

I'll look out for you if we both get to any away games!

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:39 - Aug 25 with 1619 viewsDebsyAngel

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:30 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

I'll look out for you if we both get to any away games!

I don't tend to go the away ones!! Just the home ones, but you never know... maybe one day!
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:43 - Aug 25 with 1609 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:39 - Aug 25 by DebsyAngel

I don't tend to go the away ones!! Just the home ones, but you never know... maybe one day!

Could this be a TWTD wedding?
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 1605 viewsDebsyAngel

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:43 - Aug 25 by IpswichBoyBlue

Ha ha! I am happily married, but that did make me smile!
So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:50 - Aug 25 with 1594 viewsKeno

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:10 - Aug 25 by PJH

No need, everyone on here knows you anyway from your work at the TWTD Introductions Centre.

Are you implying he's Phils Fluffer?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:50 - Aug 25 with 1594 viewsjeera

Except in person most people wouldn't normally speak out if they had disagreeable thoughts in the first place.

Plenty of racists know they are racist and will choose their company when they speak up, for example, so the real them might well not be on show in other company.

And if they did still speak up then they would receive the same reception as they would on here.

Unless you mean someone might be an intimidating person (or just an idiot) so feel they can behave as they please in public regardless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:52 - Aug 25 with 1587 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:02 - Aug 25 by hoppy

You would because everybody likes you.

I was thinking as I read the OP more along the lines of how long would it be before we worked out who is who.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:58 - Aug 25 with 1563 viewsRyorry

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:43 - Aug 25 by IpswichBoyBlue

You weren't to know but we're both straight females

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:02 - Aug 25 with 1497 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lol, can you imagine if conversations escalated as quickly in that room as they do in here.

...and what would be the physical equivalent of a thread that disappears off the edge of a page!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:12 - Aug 25 with 1480 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 18:38 - Aug 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

You have a point, but maybe online forums give people a chance to let off steam, which then means they can behave more socially acceptably in other contexts.

Also, any group of people develops a culture: a way of doing things and acceptable norms. The Ts and Cs at the bottom of the page try and establish some of those boundaries, and Phil and Gav then police them, but the general culture of TWTD is a bit more feisty than the Ts and Cs would lead an independent observer to expect.

We have gone through a lot together. East Anglia contains many "swing" seats. Brexit split the UK 51.something 48.something. Pablo v Kuqi. Burley returning v a young manager with new ideas. Mick v Not Mick. And we even have pet scummers who visit.

Some of our number date back to 70s hooliganism, others are post-Three Lions.

We're a mixed bunch. We argue.

However, when board members have troubles we rally round.

We are TWTD.

Feisty isn’t a word I’d ever use to describe this place. I don’t often look st other sites; maybe when people post up links around match day and occasionally one of the Swansea ones, a bit of twitter (and of course Mumsnet!). This is by far the most tame and civilised forum/social media site of any of those I’ve ever seen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:23 - Aug 25 with 1463 viewsjeera

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 19:52 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was thinking as I read the OP more along the lines of how long would it be before we worked out who is who.

He's a nightmare in real life.

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:24 - Aug 25 with 1463 viewshoppy

I don’t like to assume, and not sure as that’s necessarily the case.

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:27 - Aug 25 with 1447 viewsjeera

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:24 - Aug 25 by hoppy

I don’t like to assume, and not sure as that’s necessarily the case.

Shouldn't think you'd have too many enemies tbf.

You're pretty easy going when you're not smashing up the joint.

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 22:28 - Aug 25 with 1369 viewshoppy

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 21:27 - Aug 25 by jeera

Shouldn't think you'd have too many enemies tbf.

You're pretty easy going when you're not smashing up the joint.

That rather depends how many wobbly tables there are...

So, there was a room full of ITFC fans..... on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 1224 viewshampstead_blue

That was the idea.....written in rather a vague way I know.

The point is to show each other that we are all different but probably likeable.

You'd easily spot me. I'd be wearing a 'blue roseate' with a cheap ill fitting suit. I might even get out a badge from conference just to finish off the look.

I'm not drinking a while so a mug of tea would be the big giveaway.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024