Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New to Twitter 20:19 - Aug 26 with 7627 viewsnoggin

Need recommendations for people to follow. Politics, ITFC, bantz.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

New to Twitter on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 1086 viewsjaseitfc2015

New to Twitter on 17:51 - Aug 27 by monytowbray

Developing countries would benefit massively economically from Green investment though.

That second image I posted above to Rommers - kinda how this post comes across I'm afraid.

Explain to me how it comes across like that please?

Just because I point out its a bit tone deaf of an establishment produced rich white girl from Sweden to be lecturing about how economic growth is negative doesnt mean I don't accept the need for green policies and the urgency of climate change.

Developing countries yes would benefit from green investment, however wider economic growth benefits them more. You just have to look at how society has transformed in Ecuador , in Colombia,.in Peru in just the last 30 years to realise that - those countries now have thriving middle classes.

The environment is unquestionably are greatest challenge and it is actually something beyond politics & environment strategy is something that should be locked in & protected over decades & shouldn't change election to election, short-termism is part of our inability to deal with these massive issues
New to Twitter on 18:50 - Aug 27 with 1056 viewsRyorry

Another good 'un (humour) -

https://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish/with_replies

Poll: Time of the annunciation

New to Twitter on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 1056 viewstractordownsouth

New to Twitter on 14:47 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Extinction Rebellion lost any respect from me and millions of others the second they started protesting and blocking roads - including outside hospitals. Many stories of people missing saying goodbye to dying relatives and dads not being there for their child’s birth. And ER still wouldn’t budge. So f**k em.

Greta Thunberg is a strange child in the sense that I’m quite sure she’s a puppet to someone controlling her mind - probably her parents. She’s a child after all and yet spends her life doing that. Bizarre.

I agree that XR's aims are pretty extreme but that Thunberg comment is a bit tinfoil hat. Autistic people tend to be particularly invested in their interests, she's just passionate, that's all.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

New to Twitter on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 1047 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 18:54 - Aug 27 by tractordownsouth

I agree that XR's aims are pretty extreme but that Thunberg comment is a bit tinfoil hat. Autistic people tend to be particularly invested in their interests, she's just passionate, that's all.

In fairness, I had no idea that she has autism.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

New to Twitter on 19:32 - Aug 27 with 1034 viewsDarth_Koont

New to Twitter on 15:50 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s an interesting post and since you’ve been nice enough about it, I’ll respond. I won’t with Spruce as I know his game by now. Shame he’s still around on here.

Maybe I do do that. It’s hard to listen to the points being made if the method is disingenuous. I struggle to feel sympathy with ER when they were deliberately causing problems. Such as the blocking of roads around the country and the like. That doesn’t mean their original point isn’t correct because climate change is obviously a major issue. I just feel as though that specific group.. not for me. I disliked their methods at the time and still do. Greta just annoys me tbh so I’m probably just bias against her as she’s someone I am irritated by for no real reason. I’ll accept.. that ones on me.

Not too sure what you mean about cognitive dissonance. Nor the horse racing and animal cruelty. If you’d explain that point abit more that would help so I can give a counter argument.

Problem is Rommers that one of the only ways to get governments to take notice is through civil disobedience and bringing the issues into the judicial system.

You'd think people would care about the planet falling apart and the younger generations that are going to have to deal with it. But amazingly that's not even much of a vote-winner.

Pronouns: He/Him

New to Twitter on 19:38 - Aug 27 with 1028 viewsvapour_trail

New to Twitter on 14:47 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Extinction Rebellion lost any respect from me and millions of others the second they started protesting and blocking roads - including outside hospitals. Many stories of people missing saying goodbye to dying relatives and dads not being there for their child’s birth. And ER still wouldn’t budge. So f**k em.

Greta Thunberg is a strange child in the sense that I’m quite sure she’s a puppet to someone controlling her mind - probably her parents. She’s a child after all and yet spends her life doing that. Bizarre.

I feel you may have been fed some major bullsh1t along the way there rommers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

New to Twitter on 19:44 - Aug 27 with 1016 viewsmonytowbray

New to Twitter on 18:10 - Aug 27 by jaseitfc2015

Explain to me how it comes across like that please?

Just because I point out its a bit tone deaf of an establishment produced rich white girl from Sweden to be lecturing about how economic growth is negative doesnt mean I don't accept the need for green policies and the urgency of climate change.

Developing countries yes would benefit from green investment, however wider economic growth benefits them more. You just have to look at how society has transformed in Ecuador , in Colombia,.in Peru in just the last 30 years to realise that - those countries now have thriving middle classes.

The environment is unquestionably are greatest challenge and it is actually something beyond politics & environment strategy is something that should be locked in & protected over decades & shouldn't change election to election, short-termism is part of our inability to deal with these massive issues

Sorry I just meant her being white and rich doesn’t change the fact she’s doing the right thing. Im fact (as I hinted to in another post) as someone in a position to raise awareness it’s good she has.

I just worry comments like that distract from the main point and give ammo to stupid people who need that last thread of logic denial to avoid taking information on board.

Sometimes in recent months I’ve found it’s best to keep my mouth shut about the small nuisances that add little to the narrative, Russia, China and secretive right wing data companies will handle those parts sadly.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

New to Twitter on 20:23 - Aug 27 with 1003 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen ER on the news. They say they’ve got multiple mass protests planned in the coming weeks.

In a pandemic. Ffs.

Login to get fewer ads

New to Twitter on 20:30 - Aug 27 with 991 viewsDarth_Koont

New to Twitter on 20:23 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Just seen ER on the news. They say they’ve got multiple mass protests planned in the coming weeks.

In a pandemic. Ffs.

You can turn that around.

Why are we worrying so much about a pandemic in a natural holocaust?

Of course, both need attention. The fact we've never given climate change the same level of attention is frankly criminal.

Pronouns: He/Him

New to Twitter on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 963 viewsjaseitfc2015

New to Twitter on 19:44 - Aug 27 by monytowbray

Sorry I just meant her being white and rich doesn’t change the fact she’s doing the right thing. Im fact (as I hinted to in another post) as someone in a position to raise awareness it’s good she has.

I just worry comments like that distract from the main point and give ammo to stupid people who need that last thread of logic denial to avoid taking information on board.

Sometimes in recent months I’ve found it’s best to keep my mouth shut about the small nuisances that add little to the narrative, Russia, China and secretive right wing data companies will handle those parts sadly.

Fair enough

I take your point from that perspective

I think it depends on the receiver of her comments - her words are more appropriate for those that need to hear it here, ive often had south American friends not impressed with her words though
New to Twitter on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 962 viewsmonytowbray

New to Twitter on 20:23 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

In a pandemic. Ffs.

COVID is part of the climate emergency.

How people haven’t sussed this out is beyond me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

New to Twitter on 21:02 - Aug 27 with 956 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 20:58 - Aug 27 by monytowbray

COVID is part of the climate emergency.

How people haven’t sussed this out is beyond me.

So you agree that them protesting during a global pandemic where we should be social distancing is ok?

New to Twitter on 21:07 - Aug 27 with 949 viewsSpruceMoose

New to Twitter on 21:02 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

So you agree that them protesting during a global pandemic where we should be social distancing is ok?

Didn't you go to Cheltenham?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

New to Twitter on 21:11 - Aug 27 with 947 viewsPJH

New to Twitter on 21:07 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

I knew that somebody would post that and you were one of the most likely candidates.

I will probably look in tomorrow and see how many pages we are up to.
New to Twitter on 21:14 - Aug 27 with 942 viewsSpruceMoose

New to Twitter on 21:11 - Aug 27 by PJH

I knew that somebody would post that and you were one of the most likely candidates.

I am always one of the posters happiest to point out hypocrisy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

New to Twitter on 21:21 - Aug 27 with 928 viewsNotMarcusEvans

New to Twitter on 21:02 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

How many planets do we have?
New to Twitter on 21:40 - Aug 27 with 915 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 21:07 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

Yes. And? It was before we were told to stay home. When we were told to stay at home (a couple of weeks after Cheltenham), I locked down in Wycombe with my friends at uni who I live with. And acted like everyone else - sticking to the rules. Not protesting in a global pandemic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

New to Twitter on 21:41 - Aug 27 with 907 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 21:11 - Aug 27 by PJH

The fact you even expected him to be the most likely candidates really says it all doesn’t it?

Although he will edit his post on a bit I expect as he always does. Makes him look better

New to Twitter on 21:46 - Aug 27 with 882 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 19:07 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

In fairness, I had no idea that she has autism.

Why’s this down arrowed out of interest Jeera?

New to Twitter on 21:49 - Aug 27 with 875 viewsSpruceMoose

New to Twitter on 21:40 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes. And? It was before we were told to stay home. When we were told to stay at home (a couple of weeks after Cheltenham), I locked down in Wycombe with my friends at uni who I live with. And acted like everyone else - sticking to the rules. Not protesting in a global pandemic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What on earth are you banging on about?

You posted your feelings on here without doing any homework (not the first time you've done that) and now you're having a cry when someone offers an alternative view?

You didn't even know GT was autistic before slagging her off ffs.

If you have such strong feelings about something at least have the entry level curiosity to do some basic research.

As for the abusive part of your post, I may be a bellend but at least I've moved beyond the kind of juvenile temper tantrum you're having now.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 21:51]

New to Twitter on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 870 viewsjeera

New to Twitter on 21:46 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Why’s this down arrowed out of interest Jeera?

I was in the process of typing out an answer but it's been deleted. I can't be bothered to go through it all again.

The downvote was for trapping off about something when you clearly didn't have the foggiest. Not for the first time.

Loving the avatar btw. Heck knows how the board survived in your absence.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New to Twitter on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 869 viewsPJH

New to Twitter on 21:41 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

The fact you even expected him to be the most likely candidates really says it all doesn’t it?

Although he will edit his post on a bit I expect as he always does. Makes him look better

I said one of the most likely.

In all honesty Rommy I thought about posting about Cheltenham myself but decided not to.

If I had been you I would not have made a post complaining about mass gatherings of people but there you go.

No offence intended.
New to Twitter on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 868 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 21:49 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

What on earth are you banging on about?

You posted your feelings on here without doing any homework (not the first time you've done that) and now you're having a cry when someone offers an alternative view?

You didn't even know GT was autistic before slagging her off ffs.

If you have such strong feelings about something at least have the entry level curiosity to do some basic research.

As for the abusive part of your post, I may be a bellend but at least I've moved beyond the kind of juvenile temper tantrum you're having now.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 21:51]

My post edit and now word at all from you about it. No explanation just acting innocent.

What do you get from this place as to bait people constantly and ruin it for so many others? Genuine question. It’s always the poster and not the post with you.

New to Twitter on 21:54 - Aug 27 with 858 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

New to Twitter on 21:51 - Aug 27 by jeera

I was in the process of typing out an answer but it's been deleted. I can't be bothered to go through it all again.

The downvote was for trapping off about something when you clearly didn't have the foggiest. Not for the first time.

Loving the avatar btw. Heck knows how the board survived in your absence.

You’re gonna need to refresh your cache to get my updated avatar I would think.

Didn’t have the foggiest? I’m supposed to know every person with autism am I?

New to Twitter on 21:55 - Aug 27 with 857 viewsSpruceMoose

New to Twitter on 21:52 - Aug 27 by The_Romford_Blue

My post edit and now word at all from you about it. No explanation just acting innocent.

What do you get from this place as to bait people constantly and ruin it for so many others? Genuine question. It’s always the poster and not the post with you.

It's not the poster. It's the post. Several others in this thread have pulled you up on it too.

You posted something from a position of ignorance and I called you on it. Could have been any poster. I've not been sitting here pining for your return while you were off doing whatever. I've been merrily correcting other people in your absence. The only difference is they didnt have a meltdown and call me a bellend.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024