Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toney has joined Brentford 09:54 - Aug 31 with 3306 viewsdavblue

Good signing that, and a team in our league that’s lost a good player.

Not sure that matters in terms of us as we won’t be anywhere near challenging with Lambert in charge.
Toney has joined Brentford on 10:06 - Aug 31 with 3257 viewsHerbivore

He'll go for £20m next summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Toney has joined Brentford on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 3239 viewsChrisd

Does that give us a better indication of Downes’ value? £3-4m. Love them or loathe Peterborough, they know their strikers and invariably get excellent mark ups on their investments.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Toney has joined Brentford on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 3185 viewsdavblue

Toney has joined Brentford on 10:11 - Aug 31 by Chrisd

Does that give us a better indication of Downes’ value? £3-4m. Love them or loathe Peterborough, they know their strikers and invariably get excellent mark ups on their investments.

I was thinking about that earlier.

In theory you would think 5 or 6million would be a fair price being as strikers go for more money. But I’m not sure we would get that. Have to get add ons included and what it shows is Palace are trying it on at 2 million, there’s not an 8 million pound difference between the 2 players.
Toney has joined Brentford on 10:57 - Aug 31 with 3114 viewslongtimefan

Toney has joined Brentford on 10:30 - Aug 31 by davblue

In theory you would think 5 or 6million would be a fair price being as strikers go for more money. But I’m not sure we would get that. Have to get add ons included and what it shows is Palace are trying it on at 2 million, there’s not an 8 million pound difference between the 2 players.

Need to factor in Newcastle’s share as well as the fee will be almost all profit.
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 3060 viewsSomethingBlue

They've replaced him with Clarke-Harris though, who had a one-in-two record for a much less creative team. Imagine what we'd be capable of if we operated with an iota of the clarity and vision Peterborough show.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 3056 viewsIpswichKnight

Toney has joined Brentford on 10:30 - Aug 31 by davblue

The highest fee paid in L1 for a midfielder was Dele Ali to Spurs from MK dons for £5M and I think Delph went for something like 4.5M. Downes is good but not sure he's as good as those 2 are. £4M seems about right if you look at it that way especially as he's not a Grealish or Maddison either.
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 3030 viewsblueoxford

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:10 - Aug 31 by IpswichKnight

The highest fee paid in L1 for a midfielder was Dele Ali to Spurs from MK dons for £5M and I think Delph went for something like 4.5M. Downes is good but not sure he's as good as those 2 are. £4M seems about right if you look at it that way especially as he's not a Grealish or Maddison either.

That was 5 years ago. Have you seen the Premier player price inflation since?
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 2998 viewsPinewoodblue

Ollie Watkins to Fulham....presumably.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:33 - Aug 31 with 2979 viewsBloomBlue

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:24 - Aug 31 by Pinewoodblue

Ollie Watkins to Fulham....presumably.

The rumour is the whole of Brentford's BMW forward line is being sold.
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 2976 viewsdavblue

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:09 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

They've replaced him with Clarke-Harris though, who had a one-in-two record for a much less creative team. Imagine what we'd be capable of if we operated with an iota of the clarity and vision Peterborough show.

He will probably do well but I do t think he’s at Toney’s level.
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 2949 viewsIpswichKnight

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:16 - Aug 31 by blueoxford

That was 5 years ago. Have you seen the Premier player price inflation since?

I have but do you really think anyone is going to buy a defensive midfielder from a L1 club for more than £5M.
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 2943 viewsAce_High1

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:09 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

We have:

Murphy sold - Leon best comes in.
Jackson/Norwood to go - Hawkins comes in.

Oh see what you mean!!
Toney has joined Brentford on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 2934 viewsGarv

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:45 - Aug 31 by IpswichKnight

I have but do you really think anyone is going to buy a defensive midfielder from a L1 club for more than £5M.

'Defensive midfielder' doesn't do Downes justice I don't think.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:53 - Aug 31 with 2922 viewsIpswichKnight

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Garv

'Defensive midfielder' doesn't do Downes justice I don't think.

It doesn't and he's a better player than that but he's not a Grealish or Maddison, we won't see him skipping past players and bending them in from 25yards over the wall, he does a lot of the hard work and box to box stuff ( he should have a lot more goals than he does and he's got the ability to score as well ). We have to admit he's not going to get the fee we think he should as he's not a glory player or one of those who's going to score 15+ and create many many more and they sadly get the money.
Toney has joined Brentford on 12:03 - Aug 31 with 2905 viewsGarv

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:53 - Aug 31 by IpswichKnight

It doesn't and he's a better player than that but he's not a Grealish or Maddison, we won't see him skipping past players and bending them in from 25yards over the wall, he does a lot of the hard work and box to box stuff ( he should have a lot more goals than he does and he's got the ability to score as well ). We have to admit he's not going to get the fee we think he should as he's not a glory player or one of those who's going to score 15+ and create many many more and they sadly get the money.

No absolutely not, but he doesn't have to be a Maddison or Grealish to command a decent fee. He's probably not the kind of player that everyone would want, but the right team could see him a making a big difference to them, and so could be worth a lot to the right buyer.

What do you think is his perceived worth and his actual worth at this stage?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Toney has joined Brentford on 12:14 - Aug 31 with 2874 viewsHerbivore

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:47 - Aug 31 by Ace_High1

We have:

Murphy sold - Leon best comes in.
Jackson/Norwood to go - Hawkins comes in.

Oh see what you mean!!

Jackson and Norwood haven't left, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Toney has joined Brentford on 12:27 - Aug 31 with 2855 viewsSomethingBlue

Toney has joined Brentford on 11:34 - Aug 31 by davblue

He will probably do well but I do t think he’s at Toney’s level.

Perhaps not but if he'd come here he'd have immediately been our front-line centre forward, no sweat.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Toney has joined Brentford on 12:44 - Aug 31 with 2801 viewsthatdamgood89

Bit sad this transfer. More because of Brentford being light years ahead of us. Even After landslide down the table and losing in the playoff semi ourselves our business the following year wasn't as good as this

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Toney has joined Brentford on 13:02 - Aug 31 with 2746 viewsIpswichKnight

Toney has joined Brentford on 12:03 - Aug 31 by Garv

No absolutely not, but he doesn't have to be a Maddison or Grealish to command a decent fee. He's probably not the kind of player that everyone would want, but the right team could see him a making a big difference to them, and so could be worth a lot to the right buyer.

What do you think is his perceived worth and his actual worth at this stage?

I think he's worth between 7-8M and I think we'll accept between 4-5M, we can rightly laugh at Palace offering only 2M, they clearly think we need to sell when we don't.
Toney has joined Brentford on 13:23 - Aug 31 with 2714 viewsdavblue

Toney has joined Brentford on 12:27 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

Perhaps not but if he'd come here he'd have immediately been our front-line centre forward, no sweat.

Not sure that says a lot about us tbf but you are right!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024