Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? 18:30 - Sep 6 with 1208 viewssearsstreetldn

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert?

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 18:45 - Sep 6 with 1163 viewsElderGrizzly

I admire your misplaced optimism that Lambert will finish the season
What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:03 - Sep 6 with 1137 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Anyone ticking the last one would need to have a real long hard think about their personality. Haha.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:09 - Sep 6 with 1124 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Lasse Viren

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:12 - Sep 6 with 1114 viewsSuperblue95

You missed double promotion off your list.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:15 - Sep 6 with 1104 viewsJ2BLUE

Depends. Top 2 is the obvious answer but there's a big difference between having an identity and style, finishing third and winning the play offs by being the better team and fluking sixth before staggering over the line by a combination of luck and circumstance.

For me it's top 2 or winning the play offs and having a style we can continue to play and build on in the Championship.

I thought Lambert had a decent squad last year. I think he has an even better one this year even if Downes goes. Anything but promotion is failure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:25 - Sep 6 with 1090 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:15 - Sep 6 by J2BLUE

Depends. Top 2 is the obvious answer but there's a big difference between having an identity and style, finishing third and winning the play offs by being the better team and fluking sixth before staggering over the line by a combination of luck and circumstance.

For me it's top 2 or winning the play offs and having a style we can continue to play and build on in the Championship.

I thought Lambert had a decent squad last year. I think he has an even better one this year even if Downes goes. Anything but promotion is failure.

Anything but promotion is double failure (as your post makes clear aside from stating the double bit). He should count himself very lucky he still has the opportunity this season. If he takes that opportunity I am happy, although as you say, a team spirit, identity and style is a big part of that (and will go a long way to preparing us for the next level if we are to get there).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:56 - Sep 6 with 1049 viewsX0Y0

Only top 2 would generate any belief he can go on to achieve more in the championship.

I think this is a top 6 squad. Therefore playoffs, even with promotion, would be par and wouldn’t instill confidence that he is actually getting the best out of the squad, particularly after 3 years in charge.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 19:57]
What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 06:59 - Sep 7 with 861 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 08:01 - Sep 7 with 815 viewshype313

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:12 - Sep 6 by Superblue95

You missed double promotion off your list.

And I'd still have my reservations.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 08:01 - Sep 7 with 814 viewswitchdoctor

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 19:03 - Sep 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Anyone ticking the last one would need to have a real long hard think about their personality. Haha.

obvious who they’d be on here...😂😂😂
What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 08:50 - Sep 7 with 773 viewsitfcjoe

If we can play well more often than not, and be competing at the top of the division consistently it will be enough.

Not just looking second best everytime we play a decent side

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What finish would restore your confidence in Lambert? on 09:46 - Sep 7 with 715 viewsHerbivore

Not sure it's all down to league position. When we were briefly top of the table in January, many - possibly even most - were still quite vocal about Lambert's abilities as a manager because of how we'd got there. The squad we have has enough ability to be challenging, even with some questionable management. What Lambert needs to do is not only have us challenging but also show that he can improve the side as the season progresses and that he has developed a system and way of playing that we can continue to build on. We didn't have that last season at all and even if we'd scraped into the play offs and muddled our way through them there'd still be legitimate questions at this point about whether Lambert is up to the job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024