Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on last night? 08:22 - Sep 9 with 3383 viewsitfcjoe

Disappointed to lose, but think there were enough positives to be able to just add it to a pre season friendly slate and not worry.

THink we struggled to up tempo at certain points, but when we did we looked like we could score.

Biggest issue last year was creating good chances and we seemed to do that last night - Sofa Score had it as 7 'Big Chances' - and despite a disappointing performance we still had Drinan, Judge and Huws hit the woodwork, Nolan miss a one on one, Chambers have one off the line, Norwood the same - so I'll take that away from it.

Important that we get some of the squad back fit before the weekend, and that we clarify who is going to be here (Downes and Jackson?) and that we can get off to a good start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 10:03 - Sep 9 with 590 viewsBrixtonBlue

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 09:27 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

When Dolly wasn't here there wasn't anyone to keep pointing out the bickering and bitchiness.....coincidently there wasn't any though

That's particularly silly for you, given I didn't start the bickering and bitchiness thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whether he's trolling or not... on 10:03 - Sep 9 with 595 viewsBloots

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 09:38 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

No, it's people like Plug that cause the divisiveness with their pathetic and constant moaning. All I'm looking for is evenhandedness. Joe, despite being a firm Outer, has given it. Plug hasn't, and I have every right to call him out for it.

....it's simply an opinion that you don't share, so either offer a counter argument or don't engage.

It really can't be a coincidence that every long winded, 10 page argument always includes the same small handful of people, from both sides of the fence.

Saying "You should try it some time, when you're older." is just pointless and provocative as you well know.

You didn't accidentally type it.

Arguing/disagreeing is fine in principle.....causing arguments and then whining that there are too many arguments isn't.

Enjoy your holiday.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 10:15 - Sep 9 with 565 viewsBrixtonBlue

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 09:47 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

Did you type that whilst stamping your feet?

Yes. On grapes. Might as well make some wine while getting angry at TWTD.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Thoughts on last night? on 10:19 - Sep 9 with 559 viewsgordon

Thoughts on last night? on 09:34 - Sep 9 by Hullblue

Yeah I’m not sure he does either! But maybe he’s fallen onto a solution. You can imagine KVY bombing past Judge when he comes inside. Then as long as Jackson or Sears are on the other side it could work like it did on Saturday.

Lankester offers a bit of both wide player types so it will be interesting when he comes back too. Not sure why I’m feeling so optimistic this morning.

Yup, Lankester should be perfect for a 4-3-3 lineup.
You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 10:25 - Sep 9 with 550 viewsgordon

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 09:38 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

No, it's people like Plug that cause the divisiveness with their pathetic and constant moaning. All I'm looking for is evenhandedness. Joe, despite being a firm Outer, has given it. Plug hasn't, and I have every right to call him out for it.

I don't generally think it's helpful to discussion to divide people into 'inners' and 'outers', and then view their opinions through that prism.

I think most people appreciate that Lambert has probably used up any credit he had with fans and the owner and so he needs to show that he can deliver, or he'll be out of the job fairly quickly. But, given that we're a few days away from the league season starting, it would be absurd to get rid of him now.
You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 10:32 - Sep 9 with 539 viewsBrixtonBlue

You really are a strange one Dolly..... on 09:33 - Sep 9 by WeWereZombies

In fairness to Dolly, it was not too bad a comment upon the thread until those last three words...which may seem more appropriate to the one posting than the one posted against.

yeah that's a fair point. I guess I got a bit exasperated at the very many similar posts by Plug (not just the one in this thread).

Thoughts on last night? on 10:54 - Sep 9 with 515 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Thoughts on last night? on 08:57 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree with all of that, on the face of it it is embarrassing but hard to see these games as anything but pre season friendlies until Sunday

The classic don't get too high after the wins (Saturday) or too low after the defeats (last night). I mentioned on another thread, but Lambert has wasted all the credit he had in the bank, and now when we look like trying to build something he doesn't have enough credit for there to be bumps along the way - that's all his own fault but leaves little margin for error.

A poor start in the league and pressure will be at boiling point quickly

I think the point you raise about the pressure it builds is true.

The result really isn't that important but I think the hope was we were building some positive momentum. A bit like Cambridge knocked it. Hopefully it removes any complacency on the back of a good performance at Bristol Rovers for the match that counts.

Ultimately whatever happened last night, the knives will be out if we lose at Wigan. Win that game and for me the U21 game is forgotten.

The team is good but we aren't the biggest side (especially in midfield). I think it adds to the importance of Nsiala and Ward coming back in. Credit to Nsiala that I'm even writing that sentence as he was further gone then Lambert by end of last season. He needs to continue the improvement.

I think you can sit on either side of the Lambert fence (i.e. time to go or he's still in the job let's review the start camp) bit still have constructive commentary after the match.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Thoughts on last night? on 11:26 - Sep 9 with 470 viewsGarv

Thoughts on last night? on 10:54 - Sep 9 by Terry_Nutkins

I think the point you raise about the pressure it builds is true.

The result really isn't that important but I think the hope was we were building some positive momentum. A bit like Cambridge knocked it. Hopefully it removes any complacency on the back of a good performance at Bristol Rovers for the match that counts.

Ultimately whatever happened last night, the knives will be out if we lose at Wigan. Win that game and for me the U21 game is forgotten.

The team is good but we aren't the biggest side (especially in midfield). I think it adds to the importance of Nsiala and Ward coming back in. Credit to Nsiala that I'm even writing that sentence as he was further gone then Lambert by end of last season. He needs to continue the improvement.

I think you can sit on either side of the Lambert fence (i.e. time to go or he's still in the job let's review the start camp) bit still have constructive commentary after the match.

I can see us getting bullied again at times this season as the squad overall is still so lightweight.

A team including the likes of Ward, Hawkins and Nsiala will help I'm sure, but two of those aren't considered to be 1st choice players.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on last night? on 11:34 - Sep 9 with 459 viewsEwan_Oozami

Classic ITFC game of two halves. Yes, we created chances, but I didn't think the finishing wasn't really clinical enough (despite it being excellent against Bristol), even Nolan's goal was scuffed - compare that with Arsenal's finishing and we've still got a way to go. If you want to convert chances into goals at a reasonable ratio, we need Jackson and Sears to start regularly. Also still concerned about some players' ball control - I know there's still a bit of rust there, but there were a few occasions where players' first touch was poor.

That said, I though we played well as a team, just need to be able to maintain our press and play around the opposition's press (which we didn't in the 2nd half till Arsenal began to tire).

Whatever system Lambert plays, he has to put the clinical finishers on the pitch, otherwise we will struggle to score enough goals..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Thoughts on last night? on 11:45 - Sep 9 with 447 viewsMetal_Hacker

Thoughts on last night? on 11:34 - Sep 9 by Ewan_Oozami

Classic ITFC game of two halves. Yes, we created chances, but I didn't think the finishing wasn't really clinical enough (despite it being excellent against Bristol), even Nolan's goal was scuffed - compare that with Arsenal's finishing and we've still got a way to go. If you want to convert chances into goals at a reasonable ratio, we need Jackson and Sears to start regularly. Also still concerned about some players' ball control - I know there's still a bit of rust there, but there were a few occasions where players' first touch was poor.

That said, I though we played well as a team, just need to be able to maintain our press and play around the opposition's press (which we didn't in the 2nd half till Arsenal began to tire).

Whatever system Lambert plays, he has to put the clinical finishers on the pitch, otherwise we will struggle to score enough goals..

There lies the issue , we have no CLINICAL finishers though

Think we'll be dependent on the midfield trio (whoever that may be) each game popping up with some goals but we've not had a free scoring midfielder for a good few seasons.Hopefully playing a more expansive game , late arrivals in the box playing this system will come naturally

Poll: If it were one or the other

Thoughts on last night? on 11:51 - Sep 9 with 434 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Totally agree with Joe. The performance looked good on the whole, and Drinan strikes me as someone who once he gets a goal, could go on a run. Really good again last night. The defending for the second goal, is abysmal though. I'm not worried, we don't and shouldn't care about this competition. We will win on sunday

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024