Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question about the 6 people thing 16:58 - Sep 9 with 3586 viewsgordon

About a week ago there was a big push to get people back to offices to save e.g. sandwich shops - is it now the case that we should be avoiding offices if there's more than 6 people in them?
Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 19:40 - Sep 9 with 857 viewsChrisd

Initially, when we were all heading into lockdown the message to me by the Government was clearer, but now that message has 'muddy the waters' due to the various exceptions. It's more confusing now than it has ever been, but that's probably just me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 19:40 - Sep 9 with 852 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 18:15 - Sep 9 by Swansea_Blue

Offices (and schools and universities) are excluded, because. Just because.

On the face of it the messages don't seem to be getting any clearer and less contradictory. I genuinely can't think of a reason why a non-social distancing office or school would be any safer than a socially distancing gathering of 7 people. Or even why a socially distancing office indoor would be any safer than a socially distancing group of 7 outside.

It's not really about what's safer though is it. It's volume. It's a balancing act of what we need to continue whilst keeping the virus levels manageable. I honestly fail to see how that isn't clear.

There is going to be some spread of the virus from these places opening. But less than if you have s free for all. Obviously.

Have the government got everything right. No. Not at all. Is there a way to make everyone hsppy, keep everyone safe and stop job losses. Also no.

This thing is bad news and it's a hell of job to work out all the lesser evil choices. But those are the choices.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 21:28 - Sep 9 with 803 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 19:40 - Sep 9 by Chrisd

Initially, when we were all heading into lockdown the message to me by the Government was clearer, but now that message has 'muddy the waters' due to the various exceptions. It's more confusing now than it has ever been, but that's probably just me.

It,s a load of sh1te, and no, it's not just you.
Our family holiday to an air b&b in the Cotswolds in October will more than likely have to be cancelled as there are 8 of us from four different households, although we've been regularly meeting up for bloody ages (note the word family). So much for f@ckin staycations.
However, i'm sure it would be within the law for us all to hop on a crowded Ryanair flight and share a holiday villa in Corfu or some other quarantine free country.
As i say, it's bollox.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 21:32 - Sep 9 with 799 viewsgordon

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 21:28 - Sep 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

It,s a load of sh1te, and no, it's not just you.
Our family holiday to an air b&b in the Cotswolds in October will more than likely have to be cancelled as there are 8 of us from four different households, although we've been regularly meeting up for bloody ages (note the word family). So much for f@ckin staycations.
However, i'm sure it would be within the law for us all to hop on a crowded Ryanair flight and share a holiday villa in Corfu or some other quarantine free country.
As i say, it's bollox.

You just need to kick one lot out the bubble don't you? Probs best to anonymously nominate, then get it announced over zoom with a bottle of wine each...
Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 21:33 - Sep 9 with 799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 17:33 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

work places are exempt so long as they are covid secure. and the thing everyone forgets is that the 6 people have themselves to be socially distanced is they are from different households.

You are Matt Hancock and I claim my £5.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 22:27 - Sep 9 with 764 viewsOldsmoker

How many people will be allowed to attend the Festival Of Britain celebration of Brexit?
£110 million for 6 people seems a tad excessive.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 22:31 - Sep 9 with 758 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 21:32 - Sep 9 by gordon

You just need to kick one lot out the bubble don't you? Probs best to anonymously nominate, then get it announced over zoom with a bottle of wine each...

Zoom meeting Monday. Bottle of wine at the ready.

It's going to be me that's kicked out of the bubble, isn't it.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 22:40 - Sep 9 with 746 viewsHARRY10

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 22:27 - Sep 9 by Oldsmoker

How many people will be allowed to attend the Festival Of Britain celebration of Brexit?
£110 million for 6 people seems a tad excessive.

Being brexit I should imagine it will be something like this

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 10:14 - Sep 10 with 667 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 17:17 - Sep 9 by TractorWood

The Government are literally morons.

2 days ago - You have to return to work physically to save pret
Today - now is crucial juncture so gatherings of six are the max

Also Hancock saying too many people want tests who don't have symptoms! Not entirely sure how he knows this!

I have some time off owed. Looked into going to Cyprus. Cyprus requires evidence of a negative test in past three days. I don't know about other countries, but if they also do then a lot of tests are being wasted so people can go on holiday.

I'm not going.
Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 10:39 - Sep 10 with 648 viewshoppy

Genuine question about the 6 people thing on 10:14 - Sep 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

I have some time off owed. Looked into going to Cyprus. Cyprus requires evidence of a negative test in past three days. I don't know about other countries, but if they also do then a lot of tests are being wasted so people can go on holiday.

I'm not going.

We've just come back from Turkey - which was absolutely fine, and didn't have to take a test, isn't on the quarantine list, and they have had low numbers themselves, so may be worth a look for you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024