Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity 09:12 - Sep 10 with 4241 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54091048

Depressing and perhaps almost too big an issue for many of us to comprehend. Human activities and our continuing complacency and self-interest are a massive and direct threat to everything that ever has been and everything that ever could be. Permanently.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 13:37 - Sep 10 with 484 viewsDarth_Koont

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 13:18 - Sep 10 by WeWereZombies

Just in case MonkeyAlan is still reading and took my suggestion to go on an environmental crusade around teh World's worst polluters, or Hampstead is thinking of strapping on an AK47 and emulating his previous avatar with an assault on Bolsonaro:

https://time.com/5873137/record-number-killing-environmental-activists-2019/

That's why the overheated characterisation of these people as extremist political enemies who want to destroy society etc.is so dangerous.

I'm not saying I agree with any and all methods used but, to go back to the old paradigm in these cases, they should certainly be seen as freedom fighters and not terrorists.

Pronouns: He/Him

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 14:42 - Sep 10 with 461 viewsBlueBadger

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 09:33 - Sep 10 by eireblue

“Pah, WWF are just a radical left wing Marxist group that want everyone to eat turnips.

I feel that their predictions, that may well be based on science and observable facts, are wrong.

Nothing to worry about.

I am now going to find an audible book that agrees with me.“

Sorry, just thought I would help out and condense some of the usual response.

You forgot to mention Jeremy Corbyn, 'that's just your opinion' and something about cyclists.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 15:12 - Sep 10 with 451 viewsm14_blue

Human beings suck balls.
WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 15:46 - Sep 10 with 437 viewshampstead_blue

Just in case MonkeyAlan is still reading and took my suggestion to go on an environmental crusade around teh World's worst polluters, or Hampstead is thinking of strapping on an AK47 and emulating his previous avatar with an assault on Bolsonaro:

Whilst I was, and could well still be, a very good shot, I was happiest as a Combat Medic thanks.

I'll pass

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 16:00 - Sep 10 with 424 viewsSwansea_Blue

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 09:36 - Sep 10 by MonkeyAlan

Until you can get the likes of USA, lndia, China on side we are stuffed. Our little effort is just that, nothing, without the huge countries who don't seem to give a damn.
It always gets me when you hear it said that 99% of all life is extinct. That's impossible to comprehend really.

We can do plenty here in the UK to improve our own environments. Although climate change is one of the drivers, there are other ore localised factors that every country can do things about. Or in short, it's not solely a global issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 20:44 - Sep 10 with 383 viewsSwansea_Blue

If I could give this 1,000 uppies I would. People are being murdered because they are highlighting practices that are degrading our environment (which we ALL rely on). But people are happy to actively support efforts to belittle or smear climate activists based on a few partisan media/social media reports, even though they have no insight into the issue themselves. Makes me sick tbh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 20:49 - Sep 10 with 382 viewsmonytowbray

I think this thread and all like it after should just be subject line CALLIS WAS RIGHT THEN hahaha.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 00:25 - Sep 11 with 354 viewsWeWereZombies

WWF 'catastrophic decline' of biodiversity on 12:07 - Sep 10 by NthQldITFC

We, the life of this planet, cannot afford to think so anthropocentrically (if that is a word).

https://www.lexico.com/definition/anthropocentrically

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024