Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57860 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:53 - Sep 15 with 2202 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:48 - Sep 15 by lowhouseblue

it was a general comment. someone posted something stupid hoping it would offend. people took the bait and there's then 10 pages of throwing insults from behind barricades.

Throwing insults behind barricades?

In the real world that's known as standing up for equality.

What are you more upset about exactly? The OP or the fruity language responding to it? If it's the latter then you have your priorities wrong.

It's weird how you have such a different stance on people standing up against this particular form of racism compared to all those times you were rightfully wading in against antisemitism in the Labour party. Rather inconsistent, if you don't mind me saying.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 23:54]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:54 - Sep 15 with 2201 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:50 - Sep 15 by lowhouseblue

you suggested it was me, i was just returning the compliment. i don't think my version is any more outlandish than yours - why would i possibly care about bluebadgers joke - other than that he has used 20 times before?

You are a rather sensitive sausage to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:56 - Sep 15 with 2193 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:48 - Sep 15 by lowhouseblue

it was a general comment. someone posted something stupid hoping it would offend. people took the bait and there's then 10 pages of throwing insults from behind barricades.

Ah, so the OP was simply "trolling".

Glad you know that because there appear to be a number of people who actually hold those views. Glad the OP doesn't though.

As a matter of interest, is Trump simply "trolling" with most of what he comes out with? At what point does this "trolling" actually become genuinely worrying?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:57 - Sep 15 with 2185 viewslowhouseblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:50 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

I'm not so sure. I think we often give thick and offensive posters too much credit by claiming they are trolls.

provoking 13 pages and 102 down votes with only 9 words can't be accidental.

in any case trolling on topics like this is thick and offensive.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:57 - Sep 15 with 2181 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:56 - Sep 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, so the OP was simply "trolling".

Glad you know that because there appear to be a number of people who actually hold those views. Glad the OP doesn't though.

As a matter of interest, is Trump simply "trolling" with most of what he comes out with? At what point does this "trolling" actually become genuinely worrying?

When Mexican kids are dying in cages?

Oh no, my mistake, that was months ago now.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:04 - Sep 16 with 2170 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:57 - Sep 15 by lowhouseblue

What makes you so sure it was trolling? Racism does exist you know.

I guess the important thing here though is, from your point of view at least, that you got to sermonise from your high horse at the people who were rightfully upset about it, and somehow make yourself feel superior while not objecting to the original post.

Splendid work.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 0:06]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:06 - Sep 16 with 2160 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:57 - Sep 15 by lowhouseblue

What a bizarre take. Go to bed mate, you're pissed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:07 - Sep 16 with 2156 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:06 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

What a bizarre take. Go to bed mate, you're pissed.

Not pissed. Just chronically deluded and self absorbed.

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:12 - Sep 16 with 2147 viewslowhouseblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:53 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

Throwing insults behind barricades?

In the real world that's known as standing up for equality.

What are you more upset about exactly? The OP or the fruity language responding to it? If it's the latter then you have your priorities wrong.

It's weird how you have such a different stance on people standing up against this particular form of racism compared to all those times you were rightfully wading in against antisemitism in the Labour party. Rather inconsistent, if you don't mind me saying.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 23:54]

i wouldn't say i'm upset. i think there's an interesting discussion to be had about how blm develops and where it goes next - which in the short-term is probably tied to the us election more than anything else. but twtd isn't the place for that sort of thing.

anyway, i'll leave this thread to do its own thing.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 0:13]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:14 - Sep 16 with 2134 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:12 - Sep 16 by lowhouseblue

i wouldn't say i'm upset. i think there's an interesting discussion to be had about how blm develops and where it goes next - which in the short-term is probably tied to the us election more than anything else. but twtd isn't the place for that sort of thing.

That's a shame. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:47 - Sep 16 with 2116 viewsvapour_trail

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:12 - Sep 16 by lowhouseblue

Go to bed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 03:26 - Sep 16 with 2091 viewsNewcyBlue

The state of this thread.

An offer to those with questionable views.

If you seriously have an issue with BLM, asylum seekers, brown people, whatever, you’re more than welcome to join us in the FanZone where my son can educate you. Or watch his Dad punch a racist.

I mean, you’ve got the audacity to post it behind a username. Surely you’re not ashamed to do so in real life.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 04:40 - Sep 16 with 2075 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/08/black-student-suspended-police- https://t.co/013DK0e5mY

It was a brightly coloured nerf gun. My 7 year old has a number of these toy guns, his are the ones with the foam darts. I’ve mounted them on the living room wall.

People walking by will often see us running around shooting each other.

I don’t have to worry about someone calling the police.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:17 - Sep 16 with 2057 viewsm14_blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:48 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

Sh1t, I voted the wrong way.

This isn’t a Brexit thread mate
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:37 - Sep 16 with 2039 viewscarlisleaway

I started this conversation to see what the feeling was with Ipswich supporters, after watching so much hate towards this subject.....can we not get back to supporting our team, which is the real aim of TWTD
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:56 - Sep 16 with 2019 viewsnoggin

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:37 - Sep 16 by carlisleaway

I started this conversation to see what the feeling was with Ipswich supporters, after watching so much hate towards this subject.....can we not get back to supporting our team, which is the real aim of TWTD

What was months ago?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:06 - Sep 16 with 1976 viewsHerbivore

We can all only aspire to your level of discourse. Your contributions to this thread have been first rate and really furthered my understanding of racism and how we go about evolving the anti-racism movement to maximise its effectiveness. Or maybe you've just waded in and acted like a bell again, I can't recall which it was.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:57 - Sep 16 with 1930 viewslowhouseblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:47 - Sep 16 by vapour_trail

Go to bed.

seriously, if you're going to follow me around the board, how's that apology coming on? claiming expertise, making stuff up and being abusive. pathetic.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:05 - Sep 16 with 1910 viewsSwailsey

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:37 - Sep 16 by carlisleaway

How about you answer the questions put to you in a rational manner by a few of us.

"Why does this bother you?"

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:11 - Sep 16 with 1887 viewslowhouseblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:06 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

We can all only aspire to your level of discourse. Your contributions to this thread have been first rate and really furthered my understanding of racism and how we go about evolving the anti-racism movement to maximise its effectiveness. Or maybe you've just waded in and acted like a bell again, I can't recall which it was.

this thread seems about your level. posturing, moral willy waving, abuse, and people shouting their virtue at each other.

your most recent post other than this thread is: "They lie about everything. They can't own anything. Utter bunch of kunts. F*ck this Tory government and f*ck anyone who voted for them."
that seems a pretty fair summary of you capacity for 'discourse'. what do you teach? - does it involve much 'discourse' at that very high level?

jeez this board is a sad shadow of what it used to be.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 1873 viewseireblue

I am not entirely sure why an anti-racism gesture stops you supporting a football team.
Could you explain that part?

If you come across people expressing hate of, supporters and expressions of anti-racism, I suggest you take it up with those people.

E.g. your OP could have been why oh why oh why, are some people continuing to be utter divs about the support for the BAME community, could it be they are racists or just stupid, or of course both. How should we tackle such divs.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:17 - Sep 16 with 1861 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:11 - Sep 16 by lowhouseblue

this thread seems about your level. posturing, moral willy waving, abuse, and people shouting their virtue at each other.

your most recent post other than this thread is: "They lie about everything. They can't own anything. Utter bunch of kunts. F*ck this Tory government and f*ck anyone who voted for them."
that seems a pretty fair summary of you capacity for 'discourse'. what do you teach? - does it involve much 'discourse' at that very high level?

Keep it up, champ. You're really raising the bar here.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:24 - Sep 16 with 1845 viewslowhouseblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:17 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

Keep it up, champ. You're really raising the bar here.

great come back, i'll leave you to your high level discourse *cough* abuse shouting. have fun.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:25 - Sep 16 with 1823 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:24 - Sep 16 by lowhouseblue

great come back, i'll leave you to your high level discourse *cough* abuse shouting. have fun.

Another great contribution, champ. You're really doing your bit here.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 1781 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:11 - Sep 16 by lowhouseblue

I think you should read the thread again.

For instance you will see that some posters can’t quite bring themselves agree with a principle that it is a minority that gets to decide what is abusive. I believe you have been active on some anti-semitism threads in the past. You may have or have not an opinion on whether Jewish people get to define anti-semitism.

There are people on the board that seem to shy away from that principle. I think it is a useful principle to have and use when discussing racism.

We have also had, someone swooping in to criticise the use of a term. But it would seem that term is acceptable to the people it is used for.

I think it worth considering why the poster decided to make such a point, from that post.

At the heart of the discussion, is this, if BAME people are being abused directly or systematically, and want to protest that, frequently, and people want to support that, why is that an issue?

If a group of people want it to stop, is that an act of racism?

Should that go unchallenged?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 9:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024