Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57719 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:07 - Sep 13 with 1077 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:10 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Boris Johnson for a start.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:11 - Sep 13 with 1060 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:07 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

Happy just to let them carry on embarrassing themselves

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:18 - Sep 13 with 1047 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:52 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

I won’t report it because I don’t care what you morons think, say or do but some of the stuff you come out with is quite offensive

Complains about people being offensive, calls people morons.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:19 - Sep 13 with 1045 viewsSuperblue95

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:19 - Sep 13 by Swailsey

Genuine question - why does it bother you?

This times a million.

I never understand why people criticise these things. The only logical answer in my book is that they’re racist. Otherwise there’s no reason that it would bother them.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:21 - Sep 13 with 1041 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:18 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Complains about people being offensive, calls people morons.

You lot have called me far, far worse. Racist, Libero called me scum. On this thread spruce has called me a half wit or an idiot or something, I lose track. You can dish it out but you can’t take it.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:21 - Sep 13 with 1043 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:07 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

It's a pertinent example. You seem really triggered by this for some reason, but you don't seem to care too much about the OP. I wonder why.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:22 - Sep 13 with 1038 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:21 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

You lot have called me far, far worse. Racist, Libero called me scum. On this thread spruce has called me a half wit or an idiot or something, I lose track. You can dish it out but you can’t take it.

I can take it just fine, just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:24 - Sep 13 with 1032 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:05 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

How about this?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game by SpruceMoose 13 Sep 2020 22:26
He's got good reason. It's called your posting history.

To remind us all, in the world of Paz:

Bumboys - not homophobic
Watermelon smiles - not racist
Pickaninnies - not racist
Assaulting journalists - ok so long as it's your side doing it
Letterboxes - not misogynistic and Islamophobic

I'm actually pleased to see that even without me raising your behaviour for the last couple of weeks, your new Mr Nice guy act is fooling nobody.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:26 - Sep 13 with 1028 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:21 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Libby was always a good judge of character.

As for my comment, halfwit was intended as a compliment. I fear I had my thumb on the scale for your benefit somewhat.

Stop crying. Stop idolising racists. Stop trying undermine efforts to highlight inequality and racism. There's a good lad.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:27]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:27 - Sep 13 with 1020 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:24 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

How about this?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game by SpruceMoose 13 Sep 2020 22:26
He's got good reason. It's called your posting history.

To remind us all, in the world of Paz:

Bumboys - not homophobic
Watermelon smiles - not racist
Pickaninnies - not racist
Assaulting journalists - ok so long as it's your side doing it
Letterboxes - not misogynistic and Islamophobic

I'm actually pleased to see that even without me raising your behaviour for the last couple of weeks, your new Mr Nice guy act is fooling nobody.

I’m not going to have the same conversation with you over and over, that thread is there for all to see. What you have written there is not an accurate representation of what I said in that thread.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:28 - Sep 13 with 1022 viewsEwan_Oozami

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:02 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Are you seriously suggesting the word ‘brit’ is offensive? Dear god. It’s this kind of nonsense that detracts from real issues

This is why you don't understand what many posters are talking about when it comes to various -isms. eireblue (I'm presuming here, but I think I'm right) is from the Republic of Ireland. Many people from ROI do not generally have a good view of the British, for good historical reasons - and generally refer to British people in disparaging way, as 'Brits'.

You might not think it offensive, but people who understand British-Irish relations know why that word is used, and those trying their best to keep British-Irish relations friendly (clue: not the current Govt) would construe that word as being offensive.

So this does have to do with real issues, and the solution thereof. It is not just the word, it is the context, and that is what many free-speechers fail to recognise..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:28 - Sep 13 with 1020 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:27 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

I’m not going to have the same conversation with you over and over, that thread is there for all to see. What you have written there is not an accurate representation of what I said in that thread.

Liar and a weasel.

You snivelled something about 'oh Boris didn't mean it in a racist way'.

If you're going to support racist comments I'd have marginally more respect for you if you had the nuts to own your words.

You and your posts are a classic example of why I can't really be arsed with this place right now. Others have said similar to me in private.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:41]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:30 - Sep 13 with 1015 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:26 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Libby was always a good judge of character.

As for my comment, halfwit was intended as a compliment. I fear I had my thumb on the scale for your benefit somewhat.

Stop crying. Stop idolising racists. Stop trying undermine efforts to highlight inequality and racism. There's a good lad.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:27]

Yeah, Libby was such a stand up virtuous character he got kicked off for sending abusive PMs. He sounds like a great lad.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:31 - Sep 13 with 1013 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:30 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Yeah, Libby was such a stand up virtuous character he got kicked off for sending abusive PMs. He sounds like a great lad.

He had your number though.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:31 - Sep 13 with 1011 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:28 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Liar and a weasel.

You snivelled something about 'oh Boris didn't mean it in a racist way'.

If you're going to support racist comments I'd have marginally more respect for you if you had the nuts to own your words.

You and your posts are a classic example of why I can't really be arsed with this place right now. Others have said similar to me in private.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:41]

Post the thread. You’ve simplified pages and pages of dialogue to read how you want it to read.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:31 - Sep 13 with 1012 viewsjaykay

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:08 - Sep 13 by MonkeyAlan

Are you his spokesman then? You seem to agree with his slant on being abusive. He can argue without all the name calling and abusive language cant he?

you seem to be the spokes person for the snowflakes and you only been 5 mins.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:33 - Sep 13 with 1003 viewsJ2BLUE

You'd be able to track better if you weren't a half wit

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:33 - Sep 13 with 1002 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:31 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

He had your number though.

Did he? It clearly wasn’t just me he was vile to ...

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:37 - Sep 13 with 988 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:31 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Post the thread. You’ve simplified pages and pages of dialogue to read how you want it to read.

As you wish.

Why is PMQs a thing? by 26_Paz 24 Jun 2020 21:35
You’re asking me quite a lot of questions here and I am doing my best to answer them. I’ll look at the main question about who is his audience when he says these things, if that’s ok? He’s obviously playing to the telegraph / express / mail readers who have very different interpretations of what is offensive than someone like you would (I genuinely don’t mean that as an insult). He’s playing to the types who would see this through his loveable jester prism. With regard myself, as I’ve explained, I don’t think those comments were offensive in the context and therefore don’t think supporting the person who said them reflects badly on me.
I don’t have any stats on percentages of BAME or LGBT working class people who voted for him so wouldn’t want to wade into that without the facts.

"I don’t think those comments were offensive in the context and therefore don’t think supporting the person who said them reflects badly on me."

Racism is fine if Paz okays the context, and if it's his beloved Boris who is spouting it.

I have no idea why you think that thread backs you up. It makes you look vile.

Please Paz, tell us the context in which you would feel calling a black person a pickaninny would be too much?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:40]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:38 - Sep 13 with 979 viewsEwan_Oozami

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:54 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

You really need to think about things more rather than just repeating what you think sounds good. I’m trying to give an opinion on how they can make sure the gesture doesn’t lose its relevance. Just because I’m not blindly repeating the same views as you and your mates it doesn’t make me a raving racist

You haven't given an actual opinion yet.

So, if you agree that some sort of gesture to support BLM should still be made, but are worried about a particular one losing its power to influence due to repetition, than why not change it every month? Players could do the Black Panther salute in October for example - or perhaps even some other indicator of support that you'd care to suggest - or is it the case that the fact there is a gesture itself that's causing you a problem? It's very easy to say something doesn't work, if you've got the mindset that doesn't want that thing to work in the first place..it's a bit like people who like Brexit saying, why can't everybody else just get behind Brexit?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:42]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:40 - Sep 13 with 969 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:37 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

As you wish.

Why is PMQs a thing? by 26_Paz 24 Jun 2020 21:35
You’re asking me quite a lot of questions here and I am doing my best to answer them. I’ll look at the main question about who is his audience when he says these things, if that’s ok? He’s obviously playing to the telegraph / express / mail readers who have very different interpretations of what is offensive than someone like you would (I genuinely don’t mean that as an insult). He’s playing to the types who would see this through his loveable jester prism. With regard myself, as I’ve explained, I don’t think those comments were offensive in the context and therefore don’t think supporting the person who said them reflects badly on me.
I don’t have any stats on percentages of BAME or LGBT working class people who voted for him so wouldn’t want to wade into that without the facts.

"I don’t think those comments were offensive in the context and therefore don’t think supporting the person who said them reflects badly on me."

Racism is fine if Paz okays the context, and if it's his beloved Boris who is spouting it.

I have no idea why you think that thread backs you up. It makes you look vile.

Please Paz, tell us the context in which you would feel calling a black person a pickaninny would be too much?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:40]

It doesn’t back anyone up, it’s a conversation we had a while ago where we had different opinions. For most people this is fine. For you and your mates you seem to see it as a reason to hate me and treat me with absolute disdain.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:42 - Sep 13 with 958 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:38 - Sep 13 by Ewan_Oozami

You haven't given an actual opinion yet.

So, if you agree that some sort of gesture to support BLM should still be made, but are worried about a particular one losing its power to influence due to repetition, than why not change it every month? Players could do the Black Panther salute in October for example - or perhaps even some other indicator of support that you'd care to suggest - or is it the case that the fact there is a gesture itself that's causing you a problem? It's very easy to say something doesn't work, if you've got the mindset that doesn't want that thing to work in the first place..it's a bit like people who like Brexit saying, why can't everybody else just get behind Brexit?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:42]

You say I haven’t given an opinion and then proceed to repeat the opinion I’ve given, strange.
Anyway, yes, I think changing the gesture every month would be far more effective.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:43 - Sep 13 with 956 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:40 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

It doesn’t back anyone up, it’s a conversation we had a while ago where we had different opinions. For most people this is fine. For you and your mates you seem to see it as a reason to hate me and treat me with absolute disdain.

I don't hate you. I just think you really don't get it and really don't want to get it. On every single thread you reply to every post apart from the ones which make clear and logical points against what you believe. That's why I keep saying you have a filter. You see what you want to see. Anything which challenges you is ignored. Every time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:45 - Sep 13 with 944 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:40 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Care to address your comments rather than desperately try to divert attention?

For most people racism isn't 'fine' Paz. But yeah, it's a shame more people aren't willing to pull you up on it. I agree. It's one of the things that's been wrong with the forum. This thread makes me think the tide might be changing.

I posted your words. They say exactly what they said they did. You don't care that Boris is a racist. Racism is fine if Paz okays the context, or if its said by someone he idolises.

That's racism pal.

Why can't you just say that calling Black people pickaninnies is racist? It's not complicated. Why can't you condemn it?

Report me. I don't give a fook. I'm fed up of people running crying to Phil when I call them out on the stupid shît they post.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:57]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:52 - Sep 13 with 902 viewsEwan_Oozami

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:42 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

You say I haven’t given an opinion and then proceed to repeat the opinion I’ve given, strange.
Anyway, yes, I think changing the gesture every month would be far more effective.

You hadn't given an opinion other than repetition of a gesture dilutes effect of the message it is trying to convey.

You also said:

'It’s going to have to stop at some point. Can’t carry on doing it forever "

Excellent, so you don't have a problem with the message, just the fact the actual manifestation of the message should be changed regularly to keep the message fresh?

If you'd have said that in the first place (and don't say it was obvious what you meant, because it wasn't obvious) you could have saved an awful lot of grief on this thread!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024