Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57835 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:55 - Sep 13 with 2397 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:51 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

If you tried to bang my girlfriend and said "oh well, the foot pump didn't work anyway" do you think that would be acceptable?

That's not the same thing at all.

For that to work as a comparison she would have had to agree to the 'meet' but then not go through with it.

Again, I appreciate it probably wouldn't be the best thing to do to someone, but if it's any consolation, it wouldn't be the worst thing I've ever done.

That doesn't quite wash, but I stand by the point that your attempt at equivalence is rubbish.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:00 - Sep 13 with 2372 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:55 - Sep 13 by jeera

That's not the same thing at all.

For that to work as a comparison she would have had to agree to the 'meet' but then not go through with it.

Again, I appreciate it probably wouldn't be the best thing to do to someone, but if it's any consolation, it wouldn't be the worst thing I've ever done.

That doesn't quite wash, but I stand by the point that your attempt at equivalence is rubbish.

I'm wondering what the worst thing you've ever done is now...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 with 2362 views26_Paz

It’s going to have to stop at some point. Can’t carry on doing it forever

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 with 2367 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:00 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I'm logging off for tonight.

I think it's fair to say, I've said enough for one day.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 with 2366 viewsJDB23

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

It’s going to have to stop at some point. Can’t carry on doing it forever

The racism? Yeah, agreed.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:02 - Sep 13 with 2360 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:00 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

You have a girlfriend?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:03 - Sep 13 with 2352 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 by JDB23

The racism? Yeah, agreed.

Obviously I wouldn’t disagree with that. I’m just saying players can’t carry on doing it forever

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:13 - Sep 13 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:03 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Obviously I wouldn’t disagree with that. I’m just saying players can’t carry on doing it forever

They can carry on doing it until racism is eradicated. It might take a long time but that shouldn't stop them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 2313 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:03 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:17 - Sep 13 with 2302 viewsSpruceMoose

There's nothing 'obviously' about it as far as you're concerned.

This thread is a cesspit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:21 - Sep 13 with 2282 viewsSarge

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:04 - Sep 13 by MonkeyAlan

I'm not non pc. I said l may not agree with the OP. But this guy goes round swearing and name calling all the time. Argues and then just goes into one. As l said not very articulate.

You bang the drum for the Tories, who are quite literally the opposite of being politically correct.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:28 - Sep 13 with 2253 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:21 - Sep 13 by Sarge

You bang the drum for the Tories, who are quite literally the opposite of being politically correct.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 2235 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:13 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

They can carry on doing it until racism is eradicated. It might take a long time but that shouldn't stop them.

As a one time gesture it made a good point but if it gets over done it will become counter productive as it will just fuel those who think it’s all pc nonsense. Just my opinion.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 2229 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:17 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

There's nothing 'obviously' about it as far as you're concerned.

This thread is a cesspit.

Could you explain that comment please? Are you accusing me of something?

The Paz Man

Ya daft racist. (n/t) on 19:35 - Sep 13 with 2223 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:35 - Sep 13 with 2216 viewsSarge

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:28 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

You’re quite welcome to speak freely here and you often do. It makes you look like a thick, uneducated cretin but nobody is stopping you from doing it.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:41 - Sep 13 with 2195 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:32 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

As a one time gesture it made a good point but if it gets over done it will become counter productive as it will just fuel those who think it’s all pc nonsense. Just my opinion.

So because racists get offended by people protesting against racism then people shouldn't protest against racism? Okay mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:42 - Sep 13 with 2190 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:19 - Sep 13 by Swailsey

Genuine question - why does it bother you?

Interesting, a perfectly reasonable question put in a polite way.

As yet, not answered.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 with 2182 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:41 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

So because racists get offended by people protesting against racism then people shouldn't protest against racism? Okay mate.

Absolutely not what I said. You have wilfully misconstrued my point. What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:44 - Sep 13 with 2183 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:12 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

Yeah, he should stick to passive aggressive downvotes, right?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:46 - Sep 13 with 2177 viewsclive_baker

This thread is like a who’s who of TWTD bigots.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:47 - Sep 13 with 2172 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Absolutely not what I said. You have wilfully misconstrued my point. What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated.

I dont agree with that

A simply repeated act like that can continue to have effect partly in helping those affected realise that they aren't forgotten.

If it was meaningless people wouldn't still react to it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:48 - Sep 13 with 2169 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:43 - Sep 13 by carlisleaway

As usual all stems from America

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:49 - Sep 13 with 2164 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Genuinely, Why not?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:55 - Sep 13 with 2142 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Or it makes people think this isn't going away. The Premier League brand has been built on the superstar players, a large number of them black. The Premier League should use that platform to lead the fight. Then other clubs in the pyramid can decide if we want to join them or whether we're happy to look the other way and pretend it's not happening.

You say it's becoming less powerful but with all due respect to them I can't tell you one thing Kick It Out or Show Racism The Red Card have done. This is direct action from the players. It's powerful because at kick off almost everyone is in their seats in normal times or everyone is in front of their tv ready for the game.

The whole thing takes about 5 seconds. Over a season if you watch us in all 46 league games it will 'cost you' less than 4 minutes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024