Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers 11:27 - Sep 17 with 2809 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's good to see him doing well at last. He's been a rock as a stopper this season so far.

Although if Toto thinks he has God on his side, were you tempted to ask why God seemed to be ignoring him last year?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:32 - Sep 17 with 2780 viewsjeera

It doesn't matter if he believes in Tinkerbell if he has a good season.

As for this: "Nsiala admits that criticism from supporters on social media got to him last season but feels the lockdown and the months away from football have given him a different perspective.

“I’m not going to lie to you, it did bother me, but the time off I had was probably the best,” he said."

It's almost like players are human and constant grief doesn't improve their game.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:45 - Sep 17 with 2751 viewsthebooks

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:32 - Sep 17 by jeera

As for this: "Nsiala admits that criticism from supporters on social media got to him last season but feels the lockdown and the months away from football have given him a different perspective.

“I’m not going to lie to you, it did bother me, but the time off I had was probably the best,” he said."

It's almost like players are human and constant grief doesn't improve their game.

Yeah, he was really upset!

My son sent him a supportive message on Instagram and he got back with a lovely message. Seems to be a nice chap so be good to see him do well.
Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 2750 viewsSteve_M

Interesting to go back to Hype's thread from a few weeks back int he light of that. The jist remains true I think, there's a player there but some obvious flaws. If he has a good season here and starts to be the player we bought him to be then it will be good.

Nsiala by hype313 19 Aug 2020 17:13
I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Anyone agree, or are most happy to bin him off?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:56 - Sep 17 with 2706 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes that stood out to me as well. It's right up there with the numbskulls who think hurling abuse at players will help them do better.

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:03 - Sep 17 with 2688 viewsBrixtonBlue

I was going to post similar after reading that story. I hope some of our numbskull supporters have a think about what they've done/are doing on social media. I won't be holding my breath though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:30 - Sep 17 with 2634 viewsVaughan8

"He's been a rock as a stopper this season so far"

I'm probably going to get shot down for this, but am I missing something? I saw the game at the weekend and he still looks shaky so I would not call hima "rock". Less so than last year, but lets be honest, he couldn't get much worse. Everytime he played he looked like getting a red card, giving a penalty away or both!

However, people giving him abuse on twitter and stuff is just really sad but this is the world today. I'm not on twitter so can't really comment on what was said.

There must be a good defender in him otherwise he wouldn't have been apparently so good for Shrewsbury. I hope he does get his confidence back and plays well. However I think some people are going a bit OTT over him at the moment.
Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:45 - Sep 17 with 2590 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:30 - Sep 17 by Vaughan8

I'm probably going to get shot down for this, but am I missing something? I saw the game at the weekend and he still looks shaky so I would not call hima "rock". Less so than last year, but lets be honest, he couldn't get much worse. Everytime he played he looked like getting a red card, giving a penalty away or both!

However, people giving him abuse on twitter and stuff is just really sad but this is the world today. I'm not on twitter so can't really comment on what was said.

There must be a good defender in him otherwise he wouldn't have been apparently so good for Shrewsbury. I hope he does get his confidence back and plays well. However I think some people are going a bit OTT over him at the moment.

I think people are probably trying to boost his confidence even more by saying nice things.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:51 - Sep 17 with 2576 viewsdirtyboy

Although I have zero faith in God and have my reasoning as to why, I'm still respectful of those that do, some would do well to remember it would be a boring world if we were all the same.

My aunt loves her church and it makes her happy, much like we like going to football, that (generally lol) makes us happy and we don't understand why she loves it, she can't comprehend the "it's 22 men kicking a ball around" idea.

If he wants to play for God and that's what gives him comfort, then fair play to the lad for saying.

I heard the interview and made me realise how 'human' players are and that us normal people may be on the end of some abuse by one or two people, but footballers get hundreds of uneducated thoughtless ***** dishing it out with no regard.

He'll improve, age will probably help him, we all slow down the rash decisions as we get older. Joys of experience huh?
Login to get fewer ads

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:56 - Sep 17 with 2549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:30 - Sep 17 by Vaughan8

The physical side of the game he's been good from what I've seen. Bristol Rovers got no change out of him at all - he attacked and won everything in the air. I think it all goes a bit shaky when the ball is on the deck and he has to make quick decisions.

He's started pretty well this season imo.

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:57 - Sep 17 with 2545 viewsclive_baker

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:45 - Sep 17 by BrixtonBlue

I think people are probably trying to boost his confidence even more by saying nice things.

Perhaps racial stereotypes about the size of his c0ck aren't the way forward either.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 13:21 - Sep 17 with 2488 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 12:57 - Sep 17 by clive_baker

Perhaps racial stereotypes about the size of his c0ck aren't the way forward either.

Haha, erm, yes.

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 13:22 - Sep 17 with 2485 viewshype313

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:46 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

Interesting to go back to Hype's thread from a few weeks back int he light of that. The jist remains true I think, there's a player there but some obvious flaws. If he has a good season here and starts to be the player we bought him to be then it will be good.

I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Cheers Steve, to be fair one swallow doesn't make a summer and it's very early days, he still has some deficiencies but I still thought it was to early to bin him off, which is what the majority were suggesting.

Let's hope he can build on his performances, as it will make us stronger at the back.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 13:23]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 13:33 - Sep 17 with 2450 viewsChiefXL

He is a lovely fella and I'm convinced there's a player in there.
With a little bit more confidence this season we'll hopefully find out.
Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:04 - Sep 17 with 2395 viewsBLUEBEAT

He is a nice lad.

He gave my boy his shirt after the Leeds game (probably the best game I’ve seen him play in) and remembered him at the fans day thing at the beginning of the following season - my boy was thrilled with that.

I’m told he is also investing in the local area... buying affordable properties to let out at realistic prices.

Poll: W or W

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:08 - Sep 17 with 2385 viewsChiefXL

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:04 - Sep 17 by BLUEBEAT

He is a nice lad.

He gave my boy his shirt after the Leeds game (probably the best game I’ve seen him play in) and remembered him at the fans day thing at the beginning of the following season - my boy was thrilled with that.

I’m told he is also investing in the local area... buying affordable properties to let out at realistic prices.

I heard he hangs around Tackett Street in his spare time just waiting for an old lady to pass so he can help them cross the road.
Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:12 - Sep 17 with 2378 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Shock horror, players are human beings.

Our fans are a nightmare on Twitter, I’ve sent a single tweet or whatever it is in my life but always look through, absolute disaster some of our fans are.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:18 - Sep 17 with 2357 viewsKeaneish

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:46 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

I don’t mind bucking the feel good factor on Toto and as J2 said, let’s make a concerted effort not to judge / rate players based on a couple of games. We need to make statements and decisions based on more than that otherwise their anecdotal.

Bottom line is Toto isn’t comfortable with the ball at his feet, he makes bad, rash decisions and positionally he isn’t great. No matter how well you start a season, form is temporary. All the best to him but I have no confidence in him proven my a litany of errors in the last 18 months both here and at Bolton.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:31 - Sep 17 with 2321 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:08 - Sep 17 by ChiefXL

I heard he hangs around Tackett Street in his spare time just waiting for an old lady to pass so he can help them cross the road.

bless up

Poll: W or W

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:42 - Sep 17 with 2293 viewsSteve_M

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 13:22 - Sep 17 by hype313

Cheers Steve, to be fair one swallow doesn't make a summer and it's very early days, he still has some deficiencies but I still thought it was to early to bin him off, which is what the majority were suggesting.

Let's hope he can build on his performances, as it will make us stronger at the back.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 13:23]

The issue remains those obvious flaws - diving in rashly and mistiming headers - but we never saw him get a run of games in League 1. A long way to go but if he feels better mentally that will help too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 23:08 - Sep 17 with 2067 viewsArnieM

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:18 - Sep 17 by Keaneish

I don’t mind bucking the feel good factor on Toto and as J2 said, let’s make a concerted effort not to judge / rate players based on a couple of games. We need to make statements and decisions based on more than that otherwise their anecdotal.

Bottom line is Toto isn’t comfortable with the ball at his feet, he makes bad, rash decisions and positionally he isn’t great. No matter how well you start a season, form is temporary. All the best to him but I have no confidence in him proven my a litany of errors in the last 18 months both here and at Bolton.

I don’t think it’s about his play , but about the level of abuse he’s taken. It just seems OTT , unnecessary and counter productive .

He’s not the best defender ever to grace the shirt , but does he really deserve the level of abuse he’s received ? If fans are now trying to get behind him and support him I’d say that’s a good thing . It would certainly bolster his confidence and who knows, help improve his game ultimately.
If you tell someone is crap or no good to anyone often enough they tend to in the end believe in the end.

Emotional abuse one of the methods of control commonly used by wife or husband abusers . It’s sadly a very powerful weapon and insidious in its effect on someone else’s self esteem.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 23:18 - Sep 17 with 2059 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 14:12 - Sep 17 by TheTrueBlue1878

Shock horror, players are human beings.

Our fans are a nightmare on Twitter, I’ve sent a single tweet or whatever it is in my life but always look through, absolute disaster some of our fans are.

Supposed to be robots aren't they, who can go out there and perform irrespective of how they feel, injuries, anything else going on in their lives?

That seems to be what a lot of fans expect.

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:27 - Sep 18 with 1902 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 23:18 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

Supposed to be robots aren't they, who can go out there and perform irrespective of how they feel, injuries, anything else going on in their lives?

That seems to be what a lot of fans expect.

Indeed, and the usual response is "because they earn X amount of money."

Nice Toto write up Phil, cheers on 11:30 - Sep 18 with 1894 viewsKeno

Nice one Toto

All I've ever wanted to do is see you hold the line

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024