Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala 17:13 - Aug 19 with 6166 viewshype313

I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Anyone agree, or are most happy to bin him off?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nsiala on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 4135 viewstractorboy1978

It's like playing Russian Roulette with him at CB.
Nsiala on 17:16 - Aug 19 with 4131 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, although i'm happy to 'bin him off' if there's a better option out there that we could get. If he stays though it won't be the end of the world. I would quite like another CB though as I think there are question marks over all but Woolf.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nsiala on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 4087 viewsHerbivore

He was excellent for Shrewsbury a couple of seasons ago and even in our relegation season there were glimpses of him being a decent centre half, especially later in the season he seemed to have a bit of a run and get some confidence and he looked decent. The issue is he can be rash and this means he has a mistake in him and some of them are proper howlers. As a CB those mistakes are highlighted more than in any position other than goalie. Once his head gets down he seems to become more error prone as well. He has a lot of the attributes one would want from a centre back but you never quite know what you're going to get from him and that makes him hard to rely on. It would probably be best for all parties if he could find a move elsewhere and he might either shine again or disappear in a shower of penalties conceded.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:24]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nsiala on 17:22 - Aug 19 with 4090 viewsSteve_M

Yes there probably is, but if at this stage of his career he still hasn't learnt not to dive into tackles then it may be a bit late.

He has been unlucky here, that red card at Hillsborough was a travesty especially when Jeremy Simpson let Bannon get away with a more malicious tackle after he had been booked. He seems a nice bloke too so I would like to see him have a much better time in the next two years than the last two.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:25]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 4058 viewshype313

Nsiala on 17:21 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

He was excellent for Shrewsbury a couple of seasons ago and even in our relegation season there were glimpses of him being a decent centre half, especially later in the season he seemed to have a bit of a run and get some confidence and he looked decent. The issue is he can be rash and this means he has a mistake in him and some of them are proper howlers. As a CB those mistakes are highlighted more than in any position other than goalie. Once his head gets down he seems to become more error prone as well. He has a lot of the attributes one would want from a centre back but you never quite know what you're going to get from him and that makes him hard to rely on. It would probably be best for all parties if he could find a move elsewhere and he might either shine again or disappear in a shower of penalties conceded.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:24]

But to be fair, you could say the same for most centre halves, David Luiz has a mistake in him, Harry Maguire is a ricket, Kurt Zouma can be a liability, so bar VVD I'd argue the majority of CB's have a mistake in them, and as you say it gets highlighted as it tends to lead to goals.

I just think, where were at, he has the potential to be a solid defender in League One.

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 4058 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 17:22 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Yes there probably is, but if at this stage of his career he still hasn't learnt not to dive into tackles then it may be a bit late.

He has been unlucky here, that red card at Hillsborough was a travesty especially when Jeremy Simpson let Bannon get away with a more malicious tackle after he had been booked. He seems a nice bloke too so I would like to see him have a much better time in the next two years than the last two.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:25]

That sending off was completely ridiculous. That it was upheld even more so.

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 4051 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Unsure. I thought he did ok last night, although not really tested.

Unless he has made drastic improvements to his game, he is still erratic and will cost you points throughout a season.

I hope his time away from the club has helped him, and of course as all should be given a clean slate, but they say a leopard doesn't change its spots, I suspect he will remain too much of a risk for Lambert.

I think he has the attributes to be a good defender, quick, strong, powerful, solid in the air, but not sure he has the football brain or concentration levels to be reliable enough for us.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:26]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 4054 viewsLankHenners

If he were 22 I think there'd be a project in there, but at 28... I can't really see it. Someone who certainly struggled coming into an inexperienced team that quickly became under the cosh the entire season. Might have been different (and might have been able to keep up his form which saw him end the previous season as one of league 1's best defensive performers) had he come into a better team playing with more confidence.

He seems like a very nice man and I think the criticism he gets is way OTT but I wouldn't lose sleep over him finding a new club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 4042 viewshype313

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

If he were 22 I think there'd be a project in there, but at 28... I can't really see it. Someone who certainly struggled coming into an inexperienced team that quickly became under the cosh the entire season. Might have been different (and might have been able to keep up his form which saw him end the previous season as one of league 1's best defensive performers) had he come into a better team playing with more confidence.

He seems like a very nice man and I think the criticism he gets is way OTT but I wouldn't lose sleep over him finding a new club.

That's a fair shout and summary.

Nsiala on 17:34 - Aug 19 with 3984 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

He is a lovely chap, one of footballs really good guys.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 17:34]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nsiala on 17:39 - Aug 19 with 3958 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 by hype313

But to be fair, you could say the same for most centre halves, David Luiz has a mistake in him, Harry Maguire is a ricket, Kurt Zouma can be a liability, so bar VVD I'd argue the majority of CB's have a mistake in them, and as you say it gets highlighted as it tends to lead to goals.

I just think, where were at, he has the potential to be a solid defender in League One.

True, but I'd say he makes errors more frequently than those you list and he lacks their ability on the ball. He's very much a stopper and whilst you don't expect your stopper to carry the ball 50 yards up the pitch or take a goal kick from the opposing keeper calmly on their chest before setting up an attack with an accurate 30 yard pass, you do expect them to be solid. The level of errors he makes means he lacks the solidity you need from a stopper and he doesn't do much else to compensate.

Nsiala on 17:44 - Aug 19 with 3935 viewsbluesym

He was excellent at home to Leeds in our relegation season,but overall i just think he is too much of a liability.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Nsiala on 17:56 - Aug 19 with 3899 viewsDubtractor

I'll be honest, I think he is pretty crap and would take some convincing otherwise.

See also Donacien.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nsiala on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 3870 viewsKeaneish

Nope. Too many chances. Too many brain dead, rash decisions. For his experience at this level and above, he consistently makes terrible errors. Very surprised he’s still here.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nsiala on 18:38 - Aug 19 with 3736 viewsxrayspecs

Nsiala on 17:26 - Aug 19 by hype313

That's a fair shout and summary.

He seems to be never more than seconds away from doing something rash. Badly judged tackles that give away penalties, get him booked or sent off. It is not an occasional howler, it is much more regular occurrence.

AS away last season. Why did he jump into their forward, a stonewall penalty? You just knew it was going to happen too. Savvy forwards will exploit his naivety.

As someone else said, a junior pro you could potentially coach, but at 28?
Nsiala on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 3720 viewsBlueBadger

He's maybe a halfway competent third division standard centre half with decent management. Which is why he's looked sh1t here.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 18:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nsiala on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 3723 viewscressi

Nsiala on 18:03 - Aug 19 by Keaneish

Nope. Too many chances. Too many brain dead, rash decisions. For his experience at this level and above, he consistently makes terrible errors. Very surprised he’s still here.

Really what you being smoking Bambi on ice get rid. Like people rated Pennington had to make big tackles as always out of position.
Nsiala on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 3692 viewsRegencyBlue

He strikes me as an accident waiting to happen every time he steps on the pitch!

Personally I don’t think he offers us anything from what I’ve seen of him.
Nsiala on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 3658 viewsBlueandTruesince82

He shows glimpses but the mistakes come to often and given Chambers has a clanger in him its too big a risk... he hasn't been consistent and I expect to see him go out on loan at least... it's hide behind the sofa watching him and he either lacks timing with a challenge or can be plain rash.

Oli Hawkins gave a really interesting interview after leaving Pompey about how much enjoyed playing CB..... could he be the foil for Woolf.

I'd love to see a CB come in but alongside LW you want some experience so I fully expect him and Chambo to be first choice

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Nsiala on 19:06 - Aug 19 with 3597 viewsBlueBadger

Nsiala on 18:38 - Aug 19 by xrayspecs

He seems to be never more than seconds away from doing something rash. Badly judged tackles that give away penalties, get him booked or sent off. It is not an occasional howler, it is much more regular occurrence.

AS away last season. Why did he jump into their forward, a stonewall penalty? You just knew it was going to happen too. Savvy forwards will exploit his naivety.

As someone else said, a junior pro you could potentially coach, but at 28?

Plus, our manager doesn't do coaching. A Burley, McCarthy or Royle might have gotten something out of him. Lambert? LOL.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nsiala on 19:07 - Aug 19 with 3593 viewsTieDyedIn95

Nsiala on 17:25 - Aug 19 by hype313

Those players are up against vastly better players. Toto gifts goals in a league that apparently can only play its fixtures when the teams can afford it. He's not up to it and he never will be.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Nsiala on 19:49 - Aug 19 with 3490 viewsjas0999

Nowhere near good enough.
Nsiala on 19:54 - Aug 19 with 3468 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey, April 1st has come around again quickly

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nsiala on 20:43 - Aug 19 with 3371 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I agree with you. With a run of games and trust from the manager, I’m pretty sure he would be solid. Just had no luck last season and then when he was fit again, got dropped into a team all over the place. He’s barely had a chance here.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 20:44]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Nsiala on 20:45 - Aug 19 with 3359 viewsBlueBadger

Nsiala on 20:43 - Aug 19 by JammyDodgerrr

I agree with you. With a run of games and trust from the manager, I’m pretty sure he would be solid. Just had no luck last season and then when he was fit again, got dropped into a team all over the place. He’s barely had a chance here.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 20:44]

Not being very good probably hasn't helped him either, in all fairness.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 20:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024