Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The stupidity of some people 08:53 - Sep 23 with 2126 viewsGuthrum

"I won't support restrictions because voters don't like them and I ideologically object to government interference" (to paraphrase an MP)

FFS we're facing a virus which doesn't care about likes and dislikes, has no concept of ideology. It makes people seriously ill and even kills them. Full stop.

Unless people want that situation to perpetuate and us to have to keep taking restrictive measures every few months for years ahead, then action needs to be taken and those rules stuck to. By everybody.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The stupidity of some people on 09:01 - Sep 23 with 2069 viewsHerbivore

I'm guessing this was a Tory backbencher?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The stupidity of some people on 09:04 - Sep 23 with 2061 viewsElephantintheRoom

Alas you could follow the rules to the letter - and then catch the virus on a trip to the supermaket and take it home as a present for all the family..... as repeatedly happened this spring

You cant hide from a virus.... there is no sense to the partial measures waffled about yesterday, just as there was no sense in a pretend lockdown.

I'm not sure that a virus follows 10pm curfews. If only there was an effective track and trace system, something could be done that might delay its progress innto the vulnerable.... but alas Dido is still working on that one

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The stupidity of some people on 09:04 - Sep 23 with 2059 viewsGuthrum

The stupidity of some people on 09:01 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

I'm guessing this was a Tory backbencher?

Yes. Unfortunately, they're the people who could hamstring even sensible government measures to deal with the pandemic.

The stupidity of some people on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 2034 viewsHerbivore

The stupidity of some people on 09:04 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

Yes. Unfortunately, they're the people who could hamstring even sensible government measures to deal with the pandemic.

Absolutely. They spent years agitating for Brexit so that British parliament could be sovereign and now they won't even support their own governing party at a time of national emergency because they feel it infringes on their liberty. English exceptionalism at its worst. A pox on all these arseholes.

The stupidity of some people on 09:09 - Sep 23 with 2035 viewsGuthrum

The stupidity of some people on 09:04 - Sep 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Alas you could follow the rules to the letter - and then catch the virus on a trip to the supermaket and take it home as a present for all the family..... as repeatedly happened this spring

You cant hide from a virus.... there is no sense to the partial measures waffled about yesterday, just as there was no sense in a pretend lockdown.

I'm not sure that a virus follows 10pm curfews. If only there was an effective track and trace system, something could be done that might delay its progress innto the vulnerable.... but alas Dido is still working on that one

It's attitudes like the one I highlighted which are preventing more effective measures. The Government can only enact what they think they can get past their rebellious backbenchers.

However, those backbenchers are only, to a large extent, reflecting the views of many constituents. People are still not taking this seriously.

The stupidity of some people on 09:09 - Sep 23 with 2032 viewsNthQldITFC

'Partial measures' precisely will 'delay its progress', it's just that nobody knows how much exactly until after the event.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The stupidity of some people on 09:51 - Sep 23 with 1951 viewsBlueBadger

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong by BlueBadger 22 Sep 2020 16:15
Point of order: we have a party in power that despises state intervention where it impedes rich, which, straight men. They're all for state intervention for anyone who isn't People Like Us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The stupidity of some people on 09:56 - Sep 23 with 1933 viewsBlueBadger

The stupidity of some people on 09:08 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

Absolutely. They spent years agitating for Brexit so that British parliament could be sovereign and now they won't even support their own governing party at a time of national emergency because they feel it infringes on their liberty. English exceptionalism at its worst. A pox on all these arseholes.

'F*ck this government and f*ck anyone who voted for them'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

The stupidity of some people on 10:04 - Sep 23 with 1916 viewsTractorWood

The stupidity of some people on 09:08 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

It's almost like the the Tory party is full of belligerent and poorly informed contrarians.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The stupidity of some people on 10:06 - Sep 23 with 1911 viewsBlueBadger

The stupidity of some people on 10:04 - Sep 23 by TractorWood

It's almost like the the Tory party is full of belligerent and poorly informed contrarians.

That are voted for by belligerent and poorly informed contrarians.

The stupidity of some people on 10:32 - Sep 23 with 1862 viewsFixed_It

I don't get the fruitcakes who think it is just a Government ploy to suppress the masses and take away our freedoms. If it was just one government, and just one country, then maybe - but worldwide?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The stupidity of some people on 10:37 - Sep 23 with 1851 viewsRyorry

If you and everyone else were following all the rules to the letter - mask, distancing, not touching face, washing hands - you wouldn't catch the virus on a trip to the supermarket.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The stupidity of some people on 10:39 - Sep 23 with 1846 viewsGuthrum

The stupidity of some people on 10:32 - Sep 23 by Fixed_It

I don't get the fruitcakes who think it is just a Government ploy to suppress the masses and take away our freedoms. If it was just one government, and just one country, then maybe - but worldwide?!

One world government by stealth, innit. With the Antichrist as President.

Even if not in an overtly Christian End-Times sense, that has sunk deep enough into the collective consciousness of the conspiracysphere to drive their thinking.

The stupidity of some people on 10:39 - Sep 23 with 1844 viewsRyorry

The stupidity of some people on 10:04 - Sep 23 by TractorWood

You left "self-interested and corrupt" out of your summary.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The stupidity of some people on 11:46 - Sep 23 with 1776 viewsfactual_blue

Being ideologically opposed to a virus sounds a bit Marxist. Or more precisely Soviet Communist.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The stupidity of some people on 12:18 - Sep 23 with 1730 viewsBlueBadger

Plus, this is a government that can't keep it a secret that they're taking money from all sorts of dodgy Russian types in exchange for favours, they're not going to be able to keep something like this quiet.

The stupidity of some people on 12:58 - Sep 23 with 1671 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe that's why QAnon is taking off, as it gives them a explanation to join dots that aren't otherwise there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The stupidity of some people on 13:23 - Sep 23 with 1634 viewsDarth_Koont

The stupidity of some people on 09:56 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

'F*ck this government and f*ck anyone who voted for them'?

Well, at least you won the argument over Corbyn.

Just another 4 or 9 years to go and you can possibly cash in on that. Good times!

Pronouns: He/Him

The stupidity of some people on 13:47 - Sep 23 with 1579 viewsHerbivore

The stupidity of some people on 13:23 - Sep 23 by Darth_Koont

Well, at least you won the argument over Corbyn.

Just another 4 or 9 years to go and you can possibly cash in on that. Good times!

That's a little rich given you've nailed your colours to not supporting Starmer's Labour after all of 5 minutes.

The stupidity of some people on 13:51 - Sep 23 with 1572 viewsDarth_Koont

The stupidity of some people on 13:47 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

That's a little rich given you've nailed your colours to not supporting Starmer's Labour after all of 5 minutes.

Just trying out some new styles. Didn’t want to disturb others and BlueBadger was fair game given it’s a homage.

It was either that or “Well said, Keir”.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024