Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? 13:41 - Oct 8 with 9059 viewsWarkystache

For me it has to be the potato. Closely followed by Pak Choi. And then asparagus

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 1638 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

As an intelligent adult you don't have to accept every piece of info given to you without looking into it yourself.

I know more about potatoes than anyone who doesn't make a living dealing with potatoes should ever need to know. I lost 5 stone eating 500g-1KG (shop bought weight) of potatoes a day in their whole unadulterated form. They are packed with nutrition and one study showed that boiled potatoes are the most satiating food of all they tested. There is no sensible argument against the potato if nothing has been added to it in the cooking for healthy people/the vast majority of unhealthy people.

"I lost 5 stone eating 500g-1KG (shop bought weight) of potatoes a day in their whole unadulterated form. "

You cooked them first though, right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 1637 viewsHerbivore

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:20 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

He's not actually leaving over a potato is he?!

Hey Phil, if Dollers is chipping off, under the established one in one out protocols can we have Footers back please?

For anyone else this would be mash ado about nothing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 1634 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:19 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Again, where have I said potatoes are unhealthy?

You didn't, and I didn't mention chips. I even tried apologising for the misunderstanding!

Potatoes are not one of the 5 a day under the current advice. That is a fact and something i've never questioned.

I really don't understand what we are doing here?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:22 - Oct 8 with 1631 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:21 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

You didn't, and I didn't mention chips. I even tried apologising for the misunderstanding!

Potatoes are not one of the 5 a day under the current advice. That is a fact and something i've never questioned.

I really don't understand what we are doing here?

I don't think Dolly is really upset about the taytos. I think there's probably something else going on that's upset him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:23 - Oct 8 with 1630 viewsFtnfwest

Park chois way too pretentious for you WT.
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:23 - Oct 8 with 1628 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:21 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

"I lost 5 stone eating 500g-1KG (shop bought weight) of potatoes a day in their whole unadulterated form. "

You cooked them first though, right?

Air fried them mainly with no oil. Skins on. Just cut them into disk shapes, boiled them and then air fried them.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:25 - Oct 8 with 1624 viewsHerbivore

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:23 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

Air fried them mainly with no oil. Skins on. Just cut them into disk shapes, boiled them and then air fried them.

Did you have anything else with them? That sounds like a really boring diet otherwise.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:26 - Oct 8 with 1622 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:23 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

Genuine question, once you'd lost the weight, how did you go about switching from eating that way into a more sustainable way of eating?

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:27 - Oct 8 with 1622 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:19 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

See you in a week or two.

Like Bully and Glassers, I'll never post here again. People like you have destroyed this place.

Congrats. The irony of you guys saying I want to win the internet. I just wanted to chat about my team. You've won the internet.

And Spruce, if you think this is just about this thread and/or potatoes you're very much mistaken. I've been forced to leave. Can't say too much more. Not all down to Herbs to be fair.

Cheerio, COYB.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:28 - Oct 8 with 1617 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:25 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Did you have anything else with them? That sounds like a really boring diet otherwise.

It's supposed to be. There was one man who ate only potatoes for one year. All current nutritional data suggests he should have had multiple deficiencies but he didn't.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:31 - Oct 8 with 1612 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:26 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

Genuine question, once you'd lost the weight, how did you go about switching from eating that way into a more sustainable way of eating?

I learnt quite a lot doing it. I ate other stuff as well as potatoes obviously but kept to the same 'calorie density' principle.

I tried to continue on that way and got fairly close to veganism but the fact is I do better with a moderate amount of animal products. Not every meal or even every day but I definitely do better with them. I know some vegan tell you to sacrifice your own health for the animals so they probably wouldn't care but that's how it is for me.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:32 - Oct 8 with 1609 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:27 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Like Bully and Glassers, I'll never post here again. People like you have destroyed this place.

Congrats. The irony of you guys saying I want to win the internet. I just wanted to chat about my team. You've won the internet.

And Spruce, if you think this is just about this thread and/or potatoes you're very much mistaken. I've been forced to leave. Can't say too much more. Not all down to Herbs to be fair.

Cheerio, COYB.

I'll be sad to see you go. You'll probably think that's sarcasm. It isn't.

Not sure what's going on but i'm disappointed if this thread is part of it.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:33 - Oct 8 with 1607 viewsSpruceMoose

Cheerio, COYB.

I said further up that I didn't think this was about potatoes.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:35 - Oct 8 with 1599 viewsSpruceMoose

I dedicate this one to J2's wonder diet!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 17:35]

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:36 - Oct 8 with 1590 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:35 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

I dedicate this one to J2's wonder diet!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 17:35]

Oh yea I also ate a ton of mash. Can't believe I forgot that. Would have a pound of mash for brunch some days much to the disbelief of my family.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:38 - Oct 8 with 1589 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:36 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

Oh yea I also ate a ton of mash. Can't believe I forgot that. Would have a pound of mash for brunch some days much to the disbelief of my family.

No butter? No milk/cream?

How long did it take for your poo to go entirely white?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:38 - Oct 8 with 1584 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:38 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

No butter? No milk/cream?

How long did it take for your poo to go entirely white?

Most of it was store bought (I know...) so had a little skimmed milk and butter.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:44 - Oct 8 with 1568 viewsWestover

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 13:55 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

Where in the Algare are you? My in-laws live in Armacao.

I live in Cabanas Tavira in the Eastern Algarve about 15 miles from the Spanish border, if it's the same Armacao whenever I go I always eat in The Water Dog English pub/restaurant.
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:48 - Oct 8 with 1555 viewsHerbivore

Cheerio, COYB.

Don't blame me for your hissy fit. I only chipped in because you called me out for down arrowing your increasingly and unnecessarily aggressive responses to J2 and Stokie. I've been deliberately avoiding engaging with you to be honest.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:52 - Oct 8 with 1548 viewseastangliaisblue

Chargilled spring onions and courgettes with salt, wholegrain mustard and a little honey are a thing of beauty.
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:59 - Oct 8 with 1537 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:48 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Don't blame me for your hissy fit. I only chipped in because you called me out for down arrowing your increasingly and unnecessarily aggressive responses to J2 and Stokie. I've been deliberately avoiding engaging with you to be honest.

Yeah, I was definitely the only aggressive one.

No worries, cheerie o.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 1514 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

The potato obviously. I do love a sprout though. They get bad press, but I am a fan. Fried with mash potato and bacon, lovely.
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 19:10 - Oct 8 with 1483 viewsWarkystache

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:59 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, I was definitely the only aggressive one.

No worries, cheerie o.

Sh*t. My bad. Starting a thread about veg that suddenly went inexplicably downhill. Still don't know why?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 19:12 - Oct 8 with 1586 viewsHerbivore

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 19:10 - Oct 8 by Warkystache

Sh*t. My bad. Starting a thread about veg that suddenly went inexplicably downhill. Still don't know why?

Oh you know. You're the puppet master. Can't believe I never saw this before. Pak choi, ffs. I should have known something was amiss.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 19:19 - Oct 8 with 1579 viewscatch74

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 19:10 - Oct 8 by Warkystache

It’s incredible, only on TWTD.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024