Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but 18:14 - Oct 8 with 2752 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I don't think Donald Trump has/had coronavirus. Biden offered a virtual debate, but Trump want a face to face one. He wouldn't be fit enough for that, surely. All the bravado on show makes me think it is all a PR stunt. He is behind in the polls and wants the sympathetic vote. I really hope I am wrong and am a bad person for thinking it, but...
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:15 - Oct 8 with 2226 viewsGeoffSentence

The way he was gasping on the whitehouse balcony when he returned the other day, I think he has it and it could be worse than he wants to sat which is why he is running away from the debate.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:15 - Oct 8 with 2225 viewsSpruceMoose

The only thought you could have about Donald Trump which would make you a bad person is "Hey, I like that guy!'

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 2221 viewsDanTheMan

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:15 - Oct 8 by GeoffSentence

The way he was gasping on the whitehouse balcony when he returned the other day, I think he has it and it could be worse than he wants to sat which is why he is running away from the debate.

There's also that video he did that had poorly cut out parts where he was obviously coughing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:17 - Oct 8 with 2212 viewsjas0999

Highly likely he did have. Sounds less severe than when a Johnson had it though.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:19 - Oct 8 with 2200 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:15 - Oct 8 by GeoffSentence

Cold/flu? He is overweight and people far more intelligent than me said that he could be out of service for weeks, yet here he is. Hope you are right as it would be terrible if I am.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:50 - Oct 8 with 2131 viewsMercian

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:19 - Oct 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

Cold/flu? He is overweight and people far more intelligent than me said that he could be out of service for weeks, yet here he is. Hope you are right as it would be terrible if I am.

He's been blaming his infection on others. He had a meeting with some people, not sure who, a day after the Rose Garden event. This was at the White House where social distancing and mask wearing was not encouraged. Apparently somebody at this event got too close to Trump and infected him. Paraphrase "Some wanted to hug me and I was not going to say no, the irresponsible b^^^ard infected me. No way was I playing proverbial Russian Roulette with the virus to blame"
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 18:51]
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:57 - Oct 8 with 2106 viewsHARRY10

Trump lying, whatever next ?

Though if it was flu I have no doubt that he would milk it for what it is worth, to portray himself as not only some Jesus figure being resurrected, but has also suffered from the virus.

However given how the election is as good as lost it should be immense fun seeing what bizarre stunt he tries next, and hearing the dimwitted rednecks excuses for him losing.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:00 - Oct 8 with 2100 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:17 - Oct 8 by jas0999

Highly likely he did have. Sounds less severe than when a Johnson had it though.

Not at all. Pumped full of steroids and, as a result, feels amazing. But the steroids don't actually fight the virus, they just reduce the symptoms. Consensus is that these particular steroids suppress the immune system, and so, all the while, the virus is replicating, but symptoms are being suppressed.

So the bigger question is: were the steroids a gamble to make him feel good enough to tackle the debate, but his doctors are now worried that the virus is becoming too dominant against his immune system, so now want to switch tack and concentrate on that, hence him pulling out of the debate?

I expect him to "get worse" over the next few days, now that the debate is no longer an option and he has no "need" to take drugs which make him feel better but actually hamper his long term recovery.
Login to get fewer ads

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:02 - Oct 8 with 2093 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:00 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Not at all. Pumped full of steroids and, as a result, feels amazing. But the steroids don't actually fight the virus, they just reduce the symptoms. Consensus is that these particular steroids suppress the immune system, and so, all the while, the virus is replicating, but symptoms are being suppressed.

So the bigger question is: were the steroids a gamble to make him feel good enough to tackle the debate, but his doctors are now worried that the virus is becoming too dominant against his immune system, so now want to switch tack and concentrate on that, hence him pulling out of the debate?

I expect him to "get worse" over the next few days, now that the debate is no longer an option and he has no "need" to take drugs which make him feel better but actually hamper his long term recovery.

I should add: I have no medical training or education, but I have read quite a lot of American Doctors on Twitter recently who have been discussing this, so, you know, consider me quite the expert.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:04 - Oct 8 with 2087 viewsBlueBadger

Way he was gasping at the white house, he's DEFINITELY got it. Plus, he looks like SH1T, even under the usual coat of Dulux terracotta.

This is 50% posturing and 50% trying to assassinate Biden by giving hm Covid.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:15 - Oct 8 with 2058 viewshampstead_blue

I wouldn't feel bad for saying you think he's not had the bug.
People say a lot worse than that with pride.

I'm not sure he could fake it. There would be more leaks and faster than you'd imagine.

He's poorly and looked it as well.

I'd worry if Biden got it. He's so damn old he'd be in intensive care faster than a very fast thing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:17 - Oct 8 with 2061 viewsBlueBadger

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:00 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Severe covid can cause what is known as a cytokine storm, which invariably makes things WAY worse.

https://www.newscientist.com/term/cytokine-storm/

Steroids are there to dampen that down. If he's been sick enough to need that(criteria for use is 'sick enough to be on the cusp of ending ITU') then he really, REALLY shouldn't have left hospital when he did.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 19:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:18 - Oct 8 with 2050 viewsLankHenners

Yes he has, it doesn't fit his MO to pretend and then lie about it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:26 - Oct 8 with 2024 viewsDanTheMan

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:15 - Oct 8 by hampstead_blue

I wouldn't feel bad for saying you think he's not had the bug.
People say a lot worse than that with pride.

I'm not sure he could fake it. There would be more leaks and faster than you'd imagine.

He's poorly and looked it as well.

I'd worry if Biden got it. He's so damn old he'd be in intensive care faster than a very fast thing.

He's only three years old than Trump... he just doesn't have a wig and 8 tonnes of makeup.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:29 - Oct 8 with 2013 viewsSwansea_Blue

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 18:17 - Oct 8 by jas0999

Is probably the right answer. He's been gulping like a fish in a couple of clips of him. So I suspect he had a relatively attack and will now think it's no big deal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:44 - Oct 8 with 1994 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:17 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

Severe covid can cause what is known as a cytokine storm, which invariably makes things WAY worse.

https://www.newscientist.com/term/cytokine-storm/

Steroids are there to dampen that down. If he's been sick enough to need that(criteria for use is 'sick enough to be on the cusp of ending ITU') then he really, REALLY shouldn't have left hospital when he did.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 19:32]

So the US doctors I've been reading are saying exactly this. Normally a final stage, anti-cytokine storm, treatment. By taking it he has reduced his immune response. Result: he feels great! Because a strong immune response to a persistent virus results in "I feel sick" symptoms.

So, he wanted to reduce "I feel sick" in order to project "wellness" and to be well enough to debate. Now the debate is off the table it is crazy to continue to suppress his immune system at this early stage, so he should be taken off it.

But this was a massive gamble as his immune system may now be overwhelmed.

General consensus was that many US doctors on twitter would not have recommended this therapeutic approach unless as a last resort. They consider it reckless.

Unless he is already in the last stages, but that would not be consistent with him walking into the White House.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:45 - Oct 8 with 1988 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:29 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Is probably the right answer. He's been gulping like a fish in a couple of clips of him. So I suspect he had a relatively attack and will now think it's no big deal.

My money is on his symptoms getting a lot worse over the next few days.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:53 - Oct 8 with 1963 viewsBlueBadger

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:44 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

So the US doctors I've been reading are saying exactly this. Normally a final stage, anti-cytokine storm, treatment. By taking it he has reduced his immune response. Result: he feels great! Because a strong immune response to a persistent virus results in "I feel sick" symptoms.

So, he wanted to reduce "I feel sick" in order to project "wellness" and to be well enough to debate. Now the debate is off the table it is crazy to continue to suppress his immune system at this early stage, so he should be taken off it.

General consensus was that many US doctors on twitter would not have recommended this therapeutic approach unless as a last resort. They consider it reckless.

Unless he is already in the last stages, but that would not be consistent with him walking into the White House.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/who-corticosteroids-covid-advice/

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:58 - Oct 8 with 1944 viewsBlueBadger

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:45 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

That's where one is, as well.

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:58 - Oct 8 with 1946 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:44 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

This article covers it all:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/05/science/charting-a-covid-immune-r

The key therapeutic drug here is dexamethasone. Has it been administered too early?

Alternativley, is Trump in a much later stage of the disease, when this is the "last throw of the dice" medication?

If too early his immune response will be impaired, allowing a larger viral load to develop, making it harder to overcome in the long term. But in the short term he will have less immune response and so will "feel great" rather than "feel sick".

If he is genuinely in late-stage Covid, then how the fck did he walk into the White House?

I'll stand by my theory: Trump wanted to "feel great" so that he was able to debate. Now that that is off the table they have to get his viral load down, and stop suppressing his immune system. He will experience much worse symptoms over the next few days if I am right.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 21:15 - Oct 8 with 1800 viewsnodge_blue

That would involve the doctors at the hospital lying. I really don’t think that’s the case.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 21:21 - Oct 8 with 1777 viewsHARRY10

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:45 - Oct 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

money ?

surely, hope
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:02 - Oct 9 with 1594 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:58 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

That's where one is, as well.

Bloke at work came back after isolating for 14 days. Said his GP told him he had mild symptoms. Is that possible? His test result came back negative.
I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:10 - Oct 9 with 1575 viewswkj

I was skeptical at first, but the one thing that remains likely is that he knew he had it long before taking precautionary measures. The bonehead clearly feels superior to science, nature, civics and democracy--so he was never going to accept the virus are a problem until he had to.

The reason I summise this is because corona virus tests don't commons detect the virus successfully in its infancy, which means when he tested he'd had contact with it for a while, and even then acted like an oaf with his drive by.

The real question now is how much, if any, risk is he putting others by transmitting it as he can still spread it while the virus is being fought by his exclusive drug cocktail that the little people can't have.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I feel bad for saying/thinking it, but on 19:40 - Oct 9 with 1536 viewsSpruceMoose

I think he's got it.

Although we did have someone on here lie about having it for sympathy and attention.

There's some right wrong uns out there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024