Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishdozz 17:21 - Oct 11 with 2634 viewsDyland

Not the first time it's been said the last few years, but man, if these two keep fit we are pretty good. Huws was rubbish yesterday but we know he can be better as the enforcer there. Downes out (ffs) but Nolan also does a job here if/when he's fit again. It is all about Bish and Dozzers though. Teams can't press or man mark both all game cos there are others who will punish them. IF these two stay fit and are played we will be promoted. There.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bishdozz on 17:55 - Oct 11 with 2518 viewsBluefish

Too true. Not sure if doz will see the season out here though

Huws gives a good balance to the 3. He is still a class above most at this level

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishdozz on 18:00 - Oct 11 with 2519 viewsSomethingBlue

Think your final sentence (well, penultimate sentence technically) may well be right actually — two wonderful footballers who we've already seen are a cut above and can wield a huge influence on games in this division. They can be the difference for us.

Going to need handling with care though: we have Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues coming up over the next three weeks and I hope we've enough options to give either of them a breather if needed. Don't want Bishop's back getting any worse for example ...

On Huws — ropey on the ball yesterday but his physical presence alone made him worthwhile.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 18:01]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bishdozz on 18:02 - Oct 11 with 2506 viewsDyland

Bishdozz on 17:55 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Huws gives a good balance to the 3. He is still a class above most at this level

Huws is/was a class above when he plays like he did a few years ago. Yesterday he was sh1te.

I'm not sure either but we can only hope. Certainly there's zero chance of keeping Dozz at PR if we don't look like being promoted, and even then.

Management and all notwithstanding... DozBishDownes midfileld trio is proper good...

Bishdozz on 18:17 - Oct 11 with 2469 viewsDyland

Bishdozz on 18:00 - Oct 11 by SomethingBlue

Think your final sentence (well, penultimate sentence technically) may well be right actually — two wonderful footballers who we've already seen are a cut above and can wield a huge influence on games in this division. They can be the difference for us.

Going to need handling with care though: we have Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues coming up over the next three weeks and I hope we've enough options to give either of them a breather if needed. Don't want Bishop's back getting any worse for example ...

On Huws — ropey on the ball yesterday but his physical presence alone made him worthwhile.

Fair comment on Huws. Not enough though, for the quality we know he has.

Doz and Bish just ooze football class. Doz if so quick to see what's needed, he sees the game and has the ability to make things happen. Bish is technically so good. Once yesterday second half he rode two strong challenges and drove forward from nowhere. It's just joyful to watch. We know he can do this.

Bishdozz on 18:34 - Oct 11 with 2432 viewsJ2BLUE

Bishdozzownes - Coming Soon

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bishdozz on 18:57 - Oct 11 with 2367 viewsDyland

Bishdozz on 18:34 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Bishdozzownes - Coming Soon

droooool

Bishdozz on 22:40 - Oct 11 with 2141 viewsbournemouthblue

Bishdozz on 17:55 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Bish is the one I'd be more worried about but they have certainly added another dynamic

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bishdozz on 23:08 - Oct 11 with 2075 viewsclive_baker

Bishdozz on 18:02 - Oct 11 by Dyland

Huws is/was a class above when he plays like he did a few years ago. Yesterday he was sh1te.

I'm not sure either but we can only hope. Certainly there's zero chance of keeping Dozz at PR if we don't look like being promoted, and even then.

Management and all notwithstanding... DozBishDownes midfileld trio is proper good...

Quite right.

With the context of what Huws offered a few years back and the box to box player we saw then, he's got something to offer. If you watched us last season and saw Huws yesterday you would have to conclude that he's just not up to it. Immobile, sloppy in possession and pedestrian on and off the ball I thought. Other than being a unit, he doesn't warrant a place in midfield ahead of a handful of others. He's very easy to play against, unlike Dozzell, Downes, Nolan and Bishop who are quite the opposite.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 23:10]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Bishdozz on 09:25 - Oct 12 with 1861 viewstractorboy1978

Bishdozz on 23:08 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

Quite right.

With the context of what Huws offered a few years back and the box to box player we saw then, he's got something to offer. If you watched us last season and saw Huws yesterday you would have to conclude that he's just not up to it. Immobile, sloppy in possession and pedestrian on and off the ball I thought. Other than being a unit, he doesn't warrant a place in midfield ahead of a handful of others. He's very easy to play against, unlike Dozzell, Downes, Nolan and Bishop who are quite the opposite.

He was miles off the pace. And as you say, I don't think he looked any better last season.
Bishdozz on 09:27 - Oct 12 with 1854 viewsDubtractor

Bishdozz on 18:00 - Oct 11 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, I was surprised to see a few raving about Huws tbh. He was OK, nothing more, and some of his passing was pretty ropey at times.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bishdozz on 09:42 - Oct 12 with 1814 viewsDyland

Bishdozz on 09:27 - Oct 12 by Dubtractor

Yeah, I was surprised to see a few raving about Huws tbh. He was OK, nothing more, and some of his passing was pretty ropey at times.

Ropey is being generous. His creative play was woeful, for him. Fair point made by Thingers about his physicality though, he's no pushover. Downes also very hard to dispossess.

Some of Dozzers' instinctive play and Bish's close control was lovely to see. Not sure if Blackpool were just a bit sh1t but think this would be unfair on these two who really are a cut above when fit and firing as we know they can.

Bishdozz on 09:44 - Oct 12 with 1800 viewsDyland

Bishdozz on 09:25 - Oct 12 by tractorboy1978

He was miles off the pace. And as you say, I don't think he looked any better last season.

Agree with you and Bakers. Perhaps he's lost it but no reason to be absolutely certain of this, and maybe he'll find his mojo like Nolan has.

Bishdozz on 10:05 - Oct 12 with 1761 viewsbournemouthblue

Bishdozz on 23:08 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

Quite right.

Is Huws a Unit? He certainly didn't have a great game but hopefully that's just down to rustiness

He used to be really good at keeping it simple and making positive passes

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bishdozz on 10:43 - Oct 12 with 1687 viewstractorboy1978

Bishdozz on 10:05 - Oct 12 by bournemouthblue

Is Huws a Unit? He certainly didn't have a great game but hopefully that's just down to rustiness

The player we saw on loan was pretty mobile and very much box to box. Goals against Newcastle at home and Villa away spring to mind.

He is obviously going to be rusty given a lack of football but he was miles away from that player and miles away in terms of mobility to Nolan thus far this season in that role.
Bishdozz on 10:46 - Oct 12 with 1676 viewsclive_baker

Bishdozz on 10:05 - Oct 12 by bournemouthblue

He must be 6ft+ and he's pretty strong. Compared to Dozzell, Bishop and Nolan he's like something from land of the giants. They're all tiny.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bishdozz on 10:58 - Oct 12 with 1655 viewsOsborneOneNil

Bishdozz on 10:43 - Oct 12 by tractorboy1978

The player we saw on loan was pretty mobile and very much box to box. Goals against Newcastle at home and Villa away spring to mind.

He is obviously going to be rusty given a lack of football but he was miles away from that player and miles away in terms of mobility to Nolan thus far this season in that role.

He looks heavier than when he was in such good form, a few years back.

Maybe, like Doz, he may find his mojo if he gets a run of 5/6 games.
Bishdozz on 14:27 - Oct 12 with 1506 viewsLeBlue

I thought Huws played some pretty sloppy passes but I was impressed by his attitude. He didn't disappear from the game and seemed to want to get on the ball whenever he could. I agree that a run of games will see him improve his sharpness.
Bishdozz on 14:43 - Oct 12 with 1469 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Huws was cr@p imo.

I still like him, he will come good. But yesterday he was awful

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024