Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings 12:01 - Oct 13 with 20881 viewshype313

along with Priskin and Martin, although at least Priskin gave us that memorable goal against the Gooners.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:11 - Oct 13 with 2040 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

The chances of that happening look vanishingly small. I think we saw this as a chance for an in form lower league striker to prove himself at a big club, he seems to have seen it as his last and only big pay day and a chance to put his feet up. We were duped, should have let Fleetwood have him.

A player gets done for drink driving and likes to show off online now and then, so is clearly only in it for the money. Don't you think that's a bit of a stretch?

If you don't rate him, fine. But how can you conclude he's just here for the cash?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 18:14]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:11 - Oct 13 with 2038 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:04 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

Agreed - I think he Is build deceives his work rate a bit but no doubt there’s going to be an even bigger question mark given incidents like this and his growing injury record. I don’t think he would get in over Hawkins now, PL surely must have learnt not to change a winning formula - you’d like to think.

Feels like the beginning of the end for Norwood but hope he proves others wrong, I’d like to seem him become integral for the next two or three seasons.

Well one thing is clear, if he wants to be a success at Town only he can make that happen.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:14 - Oct 13 with 2032 viewsGarv

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:37 - Oct 13 by hype313

Like how you take the line "One of the most" and missing "Becoming" to make your point that I have gone way OTT, which I clearly haven't.

You have in my opinion. He's only 'becoming' one because he's injured and isn't going to play for 2/3 months. By that time you'll have people saying 'we've had him for 18 months now and he's done nothing'.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:18 - Oct 13 with 2019 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:11 - Oct 13 by Garv

A player gets done for drink driving and likes to show off online now and then, so is clearly only in it for the money. Don't you think that's a bit of a stretch?

If you don't rate him, fine. But how can you conclude he's just here for the cash?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 18:14]

He spent a fair chunk of last season out on the piss and seems to have treated lockdown as a long holiday. Join the dots.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:20 - Oct 13 with 2017 viewsHerbivore

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:14 - Oct 13 by Garv

You have in my opinion. He's only 'becoming' one because he's injured and isn't going to play for 2/3 months. By that time you'll have people saying 'we've had him for 18 months now and he's done nothing'.

In fairness you also rated Paul Taylor.

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:26 - Oct 13 with 1997 viewsKeaneish

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:20 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Never forget when Mick brought Paul Taylor in around the 60 minute mark only to innocuously sub him off 15 mins later.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:30 - Oct 13 with 1991 viewsHerbivore

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:26 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

Never forget when Mick brought Paul Taylor in around the 60 minute mark only to innocuously sub him off 15 mins later.

Giving him 15 minutes was one of Mick's few mistakes here.

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:33 - Oct 13 with 1985 viewshype313

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:14 - Oct 13 by Garv

Fair enough, happy to agree to disagree.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 1970 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:18 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

He spent a fair chunk of last season out on the piss and seems to have treated lockdown as a long holiday. Join the dots.

Seems to? That's not overly convincing.

Stuff like this just comes across as guesswork not actually based on anything apart from the odd slightly silly social media post and the fact that he's injured.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:52 - Oct 13 with 1957 viewsbraveblue

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 12:29 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Sack him for gross misconduct and get him off the payroll (assuming he's found guilty).

Slightly against the law I’m afraid.
Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:53 - Oct 13 with 1957 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:43 - Oct 13 by Garv

Seems to? That's not overly convincing.

Stuff like this just comes across as guesswork not actually based on anything apart from the odd slightly silly social media post and the fact that he's injured.

Or it comes from people who are known to have inside info. It's common knowledge he liked going on the piss last season. Two posters known to know stuff have confirmed that he spent lockdown playing golf and living it large.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:58 - Oct 13 with 1950 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:52 - Oct 13 by braveblue

Slightly against the law I’m afraid.

Derby sacked Richard Keough for being a passenger in a drink drive incident.

Personally I think he has a point..... on 19:21 - Oct 13 with 1925 viewsGarv

Personally I think he has a point..... on 18:20 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Anyone who didn't think Taylor was a talented footballer doesn't understand football.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:24 - Oct 13 with 1921 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:53 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Or it comes from people who are known to have inside info. It's common knowledge he liked going on the piss last season. Two posters known to know stuff have confirmed that he spent lockdown playing golf and living it large.

I suppose we better be giving the likes of Chambers, Sears and Edwards grief as well then for their hours spent on the course.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:32 - Oct 13 with 1909 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:24 - Oct 13 by Garv

I suppose we better be giving the likes of Chambers, Sears and Edwards grief as well then for their hours spent on the course.

They are all good pros who keep themselves in shape. Not really relevant.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:34 - Oct 13 with 1908 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:32 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

They are all good pros who keep themselves in shape. Not really relevant.

So the fact he's been playing golf is not relevant, glad we established that.

Playing golf doesn't stop you doing the other things you need to do to stay in shape.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:37 - Oct 13 with 1906 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:34 - Oct 13 by Garv

Playing golf doesn't stop you doing the other things you need to do to stay in shape.

Drink driving does. Drink driving says a lot about the (current) mentality of a person.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 19:39]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Personally I think he has a point..... on 19:46 - Oct 13 with 1894 viewsHerbivore

Personally I think he has a point..... on 19:21 - Oct 13 by Garv

Anyone who didn't think Taylor was a talented footballer doesn't understand football.

HiZ dA bEsS pLaYa aT dA cLuRb.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:50 - Oct 13 with 1887 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:34 - Oct 13 by Garv

Personally I think he has a point..... on 19:50 - Oct 13 with 1885 viewsSpruceMoose

Personally I think he has a point..... on 19:46 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

HiZ dA bEsS pLaYa aT dA cLuRb.

He may have been talented but he certainly offset that with unprofessionalism and an all round crappy demeanour. Acting the way he did rendered his talent meaningless, and as such, a pointless quality upon which to value him.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:50 - Oct 13 with 1889 viewswkj

Off field stuff aside, he has a long way to go to prove himself. Most of the goals I remember are questionable penalty goals, and not a whole lot of magic in open play.

Off field stuff included, very disappointing.

When he puts on a town shirt again, he has more to prove than ever before as far as I am concerned.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:57 - Oct 13 with 1877 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:50 - Oct 13 by wkj

Off field stuff aside, he has a long way to go to prove himself. Most of the goals I remember are questionable penalty goals, and not a whole lot of magic in open play.

Off field stuff included, very disappointing.

When he puts on a town shirt again, he has more to prove than ever before as far as I am concerned.

Has it been confirmed he was racing a teammate then?

Must have missed that.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 20:04 - Oct 13 with 1867 viewsGarv

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:37 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Drink driving does. Drink driving says a lot about the (current) mentality of a person.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 19:39]

Probably does in some cases yes. But it also won't tell the whole story, which the vast majority of people don't know.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings (n/t) on 20:10 - Oct 13 with 1866 viewswkj

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 19:57 - Oct 13 by Garv

Has it been confirmed he was racing a teammate then?

Must have missed that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 20:24 - Oct 13 with 1842 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 20:04 - Oct 13 by Garv

Probably does in some cases yes. But it also won't tell the whole story, which the vast majority of people don't know.

I'm sorry, are you saying that there exist valid reasons or excuses for drink driving?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 20:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024