Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings 12:01 - Oct 13 with 20890 viewshype313

along with Priskin and Martin, although at least Priskin gave us that memorable goal against the Gooners.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:20 - Oct 13 with 2516 viewsjayessess

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:18 - Oct 13 by itfcjoe

Well if he gets fit and firing and scores 15 goals in the second half of the season then there is

Yes, hypothetically. Nothing about his ITFC career to date would suggest that was very likely.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:37 - Oct 13 with 2496 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not really, we’ve had many many more worse signings than Norwood.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 2487 viewshype313

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:37 - Oct 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not really, we’ve had many many more worse signings than Norwood.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Don't think I've gone OTT, just merely pointing out he has been quite a disappointing signing.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:48 - Oct 13 with 2476 viewsMonkeyAlan

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 15:08 - Oct 13 by PositivelyPortman

You follow him then?

Not at all. But lve heard enough from people who do. Me, l don't do any social media, it's all bollox.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 16:48]
Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:49 - Oct 13 with 2472 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 12:04 - Oct 13 by Illinoisblue

Joint top scorer last season. What exactly were people expecting from a lower league journeyman?

Therein lies the problem - expectations. He was going to be the new Waghorn (or decent striker of choice). We were warned by people who'd watched a bit of him that he needed 6 sighters before getting his eye in, and that's the way it's turned out. Decent enough player for this league, but the injuries have been a disappointment (I bet he's pretty pissed of about those too).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:50 - Oct 13 with 2465 viewshoppy

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:48 - Oct 13 by MonkeyAlan

Not at all. But lve heard enough from people who do. Me, l don't do any social media, it's all bollox.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 16:48]

...he says, posting on an internet forum.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:58 - Oct 13 with 2435 viewsEireannach_gorm

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 14:42 - Oct 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Well done blue, downvoting an image that agrees with your view on Bullard. You are the very definition of someone who would fight with themselves.
Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:02 - Oct 13 with 2423 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:11 - Oct 13 by jayessess

He's 30, reputedly on a Championship-level salary for another 2 seasons, hasn't really cut it in League One and has recently been arrested. There's not much "asset" left to protect at this point.

I missed the news about the arrest, but I've seen the front page now. What a dick. Repeatedly a dick off the field it seems. So yeah, agree with the concerns and with the Bullard comparison (although at least Bullard was a class above in his first spell with us, so I can see why we went back for him) .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:13 - Oct 13 with 2405 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:38 - Oct 13 by hype313

Don't think I've gone OTT, just merely pointing out he has been quite a disappointing signing.

“One of our most” is the exact words.

But that’s simply not true, he’s not even close.

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:17 - Oct 13 with 2397 viewsBloots

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:13 - Oct 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

“One of our most” is the exact words.

But that’s simply not true, he’s not even close.

.....the key word is "disappointing".

When he joined we expected far more (rightly or wrongly) then when you add in all the publicity, much of it self created, he has indeed been very, very disappointing.

There have been a number of worse players in terms of ability, but not many that have been so disappointing.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:26 - Oct 13 with 2379 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:17 - Oct 13 by Bloots

When he joined we expected far more (rightly or wrongly) then when you add in all the publicity, much of it self created, he has indeed been very, very disappointing.

There have been a number of worse players in terms of ability, but not many that have been so disappointing.

He was joint top scorer in a curtailed/injury hit season.

Disappointing, possibly yes given the hype thrown following his Tranmere goals.

All I’m say is ‘one of the most’, in my opinion that’s nonsense, that’s all I was merely point out.

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:35 - Oct 13 with 2362 viewshype313

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:17 - Oct 13 by Bloots

Ta x

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:37 - Oct 13 with 2359 viewshype313

Personally I think he has a point..... on 17:26 - Oct 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

He was joint top scorer in a curtailed/injury hit season.

Disappointing, possibly yes given the hype thrown following his Tranmere goals.

All I’m say is ‘one of the most’, in my opinion that’s nonsense, that’s all I was merely point out.

Like how you take the line "One of the most" and missing "Becoming" to make your point that I have gone way OTT, which I clearly haven't.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:42 - Oct 13 with 2347 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 16:18 - Oct 13 by itfcjoe

Well if he gets fit and firing and scores 15 goals in the second half of the season then there is

The chances of that happening look vanishingly small. I think we saw this as a chance for an in form lower league striker to prove himself at a big club, he seems to have seen it as his last and only big pay day and a chance to put his feet up. We were duped, should have let Fleetwood have him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:44 - Oct 13 with 2339 viewsKeaneish

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 12:34 - Oct 13 by Pilgrimblue

Getting ack to Norwood, he looks to me like he thinks he's better than he really is!

He's not impressed me so far and has plenty of work to do to show he can cut it at League 1 level

Thought he showed last season he’s better than a lot of other options. 12 goals which should have been + 5 or 6 if he were more clinical isn’t too shabby.

Good work rate and walkways looks a threat. No qualms from him on the pitch from me. He’s just not on it enough!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:44 - Oct 13 with 2339 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

The chances of that happening look vanishingly small. I think we saw this as a chance for an in form lower league striker to prove himself at a big club, he seems to have seen it as his last and only big pay day and a chance to put his feet up. We were duped, should have let Fleetwood have him.

I'll drive him to the train station to get rid of this point.

At least I'll still be able to drive, even if he can't.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:47 - Oct 13 with 2327 viewsKeaneish

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Can’t do much else but put your feet up when you’re injured, surely?

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:48 - Oct 13 with 2321 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:44 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

Thought he showed last season he’s better than a lot of other options. 12 goals which should have been + 5 or 6 if he were more clinical isn’t too shabby.

Good work rate and walkways looks a threat. No qualms from him on the pitch from me. He’s just not on it enough!

Lots of games he was really quite dog turd.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:49 - Oct 13 with 2316 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:47 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

He did put his feet up. On the roof of his car as he was climbing through an upper floor window of his house for the 'hilarious' internet bantz while injured.

The bloke has spent his time with us acting like a wrong 'un. Not saying that he should be sacked, but there's no way he'll ever be worth anything to us with his current attitude and if he never played for us again I'd not care one bit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:50 - Oct 13 with 2316 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:47 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

You can do a bit more than that when you're meant to be rehabbing. He also seemed to metaphorically put his feet up every time he went one on one with the keeper. I know you rate him for some reason but I just don't see it. He's not very good and he seems to have a terrible attitude.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:51 - Oct 13 with 2310 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:49 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

He did put his feet up. On the roof of his car as he was climbing through an upper floor window of his house for the 'hilarious' internet bantz while injured.

The bloke has spent his time with us acting like a wrong 'un. Not saying that he should be sacked, but there's no way he'll ever be worth anything to us with his current attitude and if he never played for us again I'd not care one bit.

He's a pound shop Paul Taylor.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:55 - Oct 13 with 2305 viewsKeaneish

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:50 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

You can do a bit more than that when you're meant to be rehabbing. He also seemed to metaphorically put his feet up every time he went one on one with the keeper. I know you rate him for some reason but I just don't see it. He's not very good and he seems to have a terrible attitude.

Not much to quibble about with his goals to game ratio and he’s the best we have at the club on that front. Thought his partnership with Jackson was really good at times last season and they’d started to gel before the tinker man emerged and injuries began.

We all know he should have had more but if fit, I’d still start him and Jackson again although I was impressed with Hawkins in that system Saturday.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 2292 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:55 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

Not much to quibble about with his goals to game ratio and he’s the best we have at the club on that front. Thought his partnership with Jackson was really good at times last season and they’d started to gel before the tinker man emerged and injuries began.

We all know he should have had more but if fit, I’d still start him and Jackson again although I was impressed with Hawkins in that system Saturday.

I don't think he's ever shown the workrate to do what we are asking Hawkins to do in our current system though?

It's disappointing the way his move has gone, any positives he's brought the club (like the ones you've mentioned) just get ruined with this immature unprofessional attitude.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:04 - Oct 13 with 2277 viewsKeaneish

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:58 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

I don't think he's ever shown the workrate to do what we are asking Hawkins to do in our current system though?

It's disappointing the way his move has gone, any positives he's brought the club (like the ones you've mentioned) just get ruined with this immature unprofessional attitude.

Agreed - I think he Is build deceives his work rate a bit but no doubt there’s going to be an even bigger question mark given incidents like this and his growing injury record. I don’t think he would get in over Hawkins now, PL surely must have learnt not to change a winning formula - you’d like to think.

Feels like the beginning of the end for Norwood but hope he proves others wrong, I’d like to seem him become integral for the next two or three seasons.

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 18:05 - Oct 13 with 2274 viewsHerbivore

Norwood rapidly becoming one of our most disappointing signings on 17:55 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

You'd start him and Jackson? So you'd move away from the 4-3-3? Not sure about that.

His goals to game ratio wasn't that great. 11 goals in 30 plus games is okay but when you're an out and out goalscorer with not much else to your game it's not enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024