Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just had a positive covid test result 12:36 - Oct 14 with 1911 viewshatch

Despite not having symptoms.

I signed up to that ONS survey many of you may have been sent a letter about - they seem to randomly select households. Slightly strange however as I had my first of these weekly tests last Tuesday morning and the result came back yesterday afternoon, over 7 days later.

It's been a very stressful 24 hours as I've been out and about in London with friends and had a few work meetings. NHS Test and Trace only got in touch with me this morning so I've done most their job for them but actively contacting people. It's how I imagine calling around after a positive STI test feels.

It all just seems messy. I was tested as part of the survey so they probably don't expect a positive test, it's more for gathering data, so I imagine it goes to a lab on low urgency. Still though.

I'm now free to leave 'isolation' from Friday having spent 7 days possibly infecting everyone. I have used a mask wherever possible and haven't been coughing so probably not spreading it so easily.

Just thought readers may benefit from a 'local story' on how Test and Trace is going.
Just had a positive covid test result on 17:43 - Oct 14 with 1658 viewsSwansea_Blue

You did well to be contacted by the sounds of it. Don't they estimate there could be about 10 times the number of asymptomatic carriers as those showing symptoms? Shows how difficult it is to find out what's going, even with an effective track and trace we'd only be reaching small percentage of infected people.

And we haven't got an effective T&T. News out today that they're using management consultants on £7k per day rates to run it too. Nice money if you can get it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just had a positive covid test result on 18:06 - Oct 14 with 1630 viewshatch

Just had a positive covid test result on 17:43 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

You did well to be contacted by the sounds of it. Don't they estimate there could be about 10 times the number of asymptomatic carriers as those showing symptoms? Shows how difficult it is to find out what's going, even with an effective track and trace we'd only be reaching small percentage of infected people.

And we haven't got an effective T&T. News out today that they're using management consultants on £7k per day rates to run it too. Nice money if you can get it.

Well yes exactly, it does make me think how much is actually circulating undetected. Just look at how often we're seeing symptomless carriers in world sport and specifically top tier English sports.

I'm probably a rare case of having symptomless covid detected but slightly disappointed in some of the basics. For example, I haven't been able to get a code to enter into the tracking app which I've had on, so its not been able to ping people and I hear this is a common problem.
Just had a positive covid test result on 18:39 - Oct 14 with 1548 viewsMullet

The whole process is bizarre and seems very medieval. I’ve been in meetings this week and talking to management about it as when it happens in school lots of phone calls, statements and investigations have to be made.

Then the government ring back and decide what action and what to investigate, but the lag means positive cases can walk about mixing sometimes for days in and out of the community.

I hope you’re ok and have no adverse effects. I’ve heard anecdotally people testing positive with no or very few symptoms only to feel worse later on.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just had a positive covid test result on 18:43 - Oct 14 with 1534 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Hopefully no symptoms will continue. Best wishes for you and your family.
Just had a positive covid test result on 19:21 - Oct 14 with 1479 viewslowhouseblue

Just had a positive covid test result on 18:06 - Oct 14 by hatch

Well yes exactly, it does make me think how much is actually circulating undetected. Just look at how often we're seeing symptomless carriers in world sport and specifically top tier English sports.

I'm probably a rare case of having symptomless covid detected but slightly disappointed in some of the basics. For example, I haven't been able to get a code to enter into the tracking app which I've had on, so its not been able to ping people and I hear this is a common problem.

my institution is doing weekly asymptomatic testing. from 3,500 asymptomatic tests in the first week it had a positive rate of 0.3%. but who knows what that is representative of.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just had a positive covid test result on 19:31 - Oct 14 with 1435 viewsjaykay

did i hear that in brum people had been sent used swabs? if true how can anybody believe the results they get

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Just had a positive covid test result on 19:44 - Oct 14 with 1402 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just had a positive covid test result on 19:21 - Oct 14 by lowhouseblue

my institution is doing weekly asymptomatic testing. from 3,500 asymptomatic tests in the first week it had a positive rate of 0.3%. but who knows what that is representative of.

That the Conservative party has remarkably low infection rates!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just had a positive covid test result on 20:32 - Oct 14 with 1335 viewsbluebudgie

Just had a positive covid test result on 19:44 - Oct 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

That the Conservative party has remarkably low infection rates!

8 out of 10 people who test positive have no symptoms .
Login to get fewer ads

Just had a positive covid test result on 20:52 - Oct 14 with 1301 viewsBlueForYou

How reliable are the tests? Was reading about the Giro D'Italia, Michael Matthews the Australian rider tested positive on monday & left the race, however a further test today came back negative!
Just had a positive covid test result on 21:48 - Oct 14 with 1197 viewsRyorry

Just had a positive covid test result on 17:43 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just had a positive covid test result on 23:33 - Oct 14 with 1081 viewsTrequartista

When you say you have no symptoms, do you have any clue at all that you have coronavirus, e.g. not even a wheeze or the odd cough?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just had a positive covid test result on 10:34 - Oct 15 with 873 viewshatch

Just had a positive covid test result on 23:33 - Oct 14 by Trequartista

When you say you have no symptoms, do you have any clue at all that you have coronavirus, e.g. not even a wheeze or the odd cough?

I had a bit of a headache all last week and probably felt 90% myself, but did the online covid survey on the day of my test to be safe and the NHS website said I probably don't have it so continue life as normal.

Since getting the result I now think I have placebo effect, I've coughed a few times more in the past few days and every now and again my breathing gets a little tighter but nothing I would bat an eyelid about ordinarily.

Appreciate some of the kind words, very grateful to not be affected like some and close contacts of me are so far coming back with negative tests so early signs are that I didn't spread it too easily as a symptomless carrier.
Just had a positive covid test result on 11:09 - Oct 15 with 828 viewsKeno

Just had a positive covid test result on 10:34 - Oct 15 by hatch

I had a bit of a headache all last week and probably felt 90% myself, but did the online covid survey on the day of my test to be safe and the NHS website said I probably don't have it so continue life as normal.

Since getting the result I now think I have placebo effect, I've coughed a few times more in the past few days and every now and again my breathing gets a little tighter but nothing I would bat an eyelid about ordinarily.

Appreciate some of the kind words, very grateful to not be affected like some and close contacts of me are so far coming back with negative tests so early signs are that I didn't spread it too easily as a symptomless carrier.

Fingers crossed mate. hope you dont get this to badly

but just remember if you do need treatment you'll be ok BlueBadger can look after you

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024