Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will boris twig that 13:10 - Oct 13 with 3230 viewsfactual_blue

By not going for a 'circuit breaker' about now (as the scientists advised last month), he'll ending being forced to announce one at Christmas?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When will boris twig that on 13:20 - Oct 13 with 2729 viewsgiant_stow

The way he's ignoring the scientists appears to leave him wide open politically - not sure what his game is, but it's not looking like a clever one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will boris twig that on 13:21 - Oct 13 with 2712 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

When will boris twig that on 13:23 - Oct 13 with 2709 viewspointofblue

When will boris twig that on 13:20 - Oct 13 by giant_stow

The way he's ignoring the scientists appears to leave him wide open politically - not sure what his game is, but it's not looking like a clever one.

Pressure - from local political leaders and from the Treasury. Not everyone’s focus is on the effects of Covid.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When will boris twig that on 13:26 - Oct 13 with 2689 viewsgiant_stow

When will boris twig that on 13:23 - Oct 13 by pointofblue

Pressure - from local political leaders and from the Treasury. Not everyone’s focus is on the effects of Covid.

No, mine neither, but a long pained lockdown later spring-style is going to hurt more than a shorter one now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will boris twig that on 13:27 - Oct 13 with 2673 viewsMonkeyAlan

When will boris twig that on 13:20 - Oct 13 by giant_stow

He is getting it in the neck everywhere. Local government, mayors of cities etc..... They dont all have the same agenda.
When will boris twig that on 13:31 - Oct 13 with 2647 viewsBlueBadger

When will boris twig that on 13:23 - Oct 13 by pointofblue

Tories placing profit before people? Who'd have thought it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When will boris twig that on 13:57 - Oct 13 with 2577 viewsgiant_stow

When will boris twig that on 13:27 - Oct 13 by MonkeyAlan

He is getting it in the neck everywhere. Local government, mayors of cities etc..... They dont all have the same agenda.

I'm not sure the agenda needs to be all that different, *unless* the plan is just to let nature run its course.

If not that, then health, wealth and well-being to me are all tied up in one big bundle and not distinct issues.

If you're a pub owner say, short term you might hate the thought of getting shut down now or 3 weeks ago to be precise, but that's got to be better than being shut all winter and into the spring.

When will boris twig that on 14:06 - Oct 13 with 2530 viewsKeno

I thought most Tories like a short sharp dose of pain

I wonder if they will do a Mark Francois puppet?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

When will boris twig that on 14:10 - Oct 13 with 2518 viewspointofblue

When will boris twig that on 13:31 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

They need to work out how they can extend the original furlough scheme - do the maths on that and they can then look at full lockdowns, even if is just at a local level each time.

When will boris twig that on 14:12 - Oct 13 with 2510 viewsFixed_It

I reckon he'll twig....about mid-December.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When will boris twig that on 14:14 - Oct 13 with 2505 viewspointofblue

When will boris twig that on 14:12 - Oct 13 by Fixed_It

I reckon he'll twig....about mid-December.

Still wouldn’t be surprised to see something rolled out over half term, so the effect on the schools will be minimal; the government releasing the SAGE papers as a form of preparation.

When will boris twig that on 14:14 - Oct 13 with 2501 viewsFixed_It

When will boris twig that on 13:26 - Oct 13 by giant_stow

No, mine neither, but a long pained lockdown later spring-style is going to hurt more than a shorter one now.

A week either side of half-term to include schools would surely have made sense. But sense doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When will boris twig that on 14:17 - Oct 13 with 2494 viewshype313

Although Sage actually say that a 2 week circuit breaker would just lead to a suppression for 4 weeks and then it all starts again. Madness

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

When will boris twig that on 15:50 - Oct 13 with 2371 viewsElephantintheRoom

Surely he can't lose on this one? By cynically leaking the Sage hysteria - whilst pandering to the northern oiks he is effectively in a win/win situation.

Covid was always going to come back with a vengeance in winter and now he is not to blame.... not that it is possible to hie from a viraus anyway. The only fly in the ointment is that there is no effective test and trace - but I'm sure a bit of bluster about 'capacity' will cover that one.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

When will boris twig that on 00:39 - Oct 14 with 2163 viewswkj

When will boris twig that on 15:50 - Oct 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Surely he can't lose on this one? By cynically leaking the Sage hysteria - whilst pandering to the northern oiks he is effectively in a win/win situation.

Covid was always going to come back with a vengeance in winter and now he is not to blame.... not that it is possible to hie from a viraus anyway. The only fly in the ointment is that there is no effective test and trace - but I'm sure a bit of bluster about 'capacity' will cover that one.

The going out to eat scheme is a bigger fly if you ask me. It sent out the impression to many that life was ready to return to normal. Johnson is far from in a win win situation anyway, we're fourth in the world for mortality rate from Covid 19, we were really slow to act in the first place, and now he's got a series of things to backtrack over, members of his inner circle not leading by example and he's doing a terrible job back tracking in one on one situations.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When will boris twig that on 01:12 - Oct 14 with 2154 viewspointofblue

When will boris twig that on 14:17 - Oct 13 by hype313

Although Sage actually say that a 2 week circuit breaker would just lead to a suppression for 4 weeks and then it all starts again. Madness

Isn’t the point that it buys the government time to sort out track and trace?

They mucked up the opportunity during the last lockdown; we can only hope they don’t repeat the mistakes. I mean, I’m sure they will, but I can hope...

When will boris twig that on 09:53 - Oct 14 with 1992 viewsGeoffSentence

When will boris twig that on 13:31 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

I view the Tories as the party of the rich and powerful, and now the incompetent as well. But the idea that this is binary choice between people and profit is just way too simplistic. Lockdown measures have a negative impact on people's lives as well, not just in terms of their livelihoods but also in terms of their health outcomes. That has to be considered too.

HMG is still making a hash of it, even considering the impact of lockdown measures on people's lives, but if you at it as purely a people vs profit argument you'll miss one side of the picture.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When will boris twig that on 11:24 - Oct 14 with 1927 viewsPinewoodblue

When will boris twig that on 00:39 - Oct 14 by wkj

The going out to eat scheme is a bigger fly if you ask me. It sent out the impression to many that life was ready to return to normal. Johnson is far from in a win win situation anyway, we're fourth in the world for mortality rate from Covid 19, we were really slow to act in the first place, and now he's got a series of things to backtrack over, members of his inner circle not leading by example and he's doing a terrible job back tracking in one on one situations.

We are actually 10th for mortality rate, or 12th if you want to include Andorra and San Marino.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

When will boris twig that on 11:33 - Oct 14 with 1914 viewsitfc_bucks

When will boris twig that on 11:24 - Oct 14 by Pinewoodblue

We are actually 10th for mortality rate, or 12th if you want to include Andorra and San Marino.

Well, that's me sold!
When will boris twig that on 11:34 - Oct 14 with 1914 viewsSwansea_Blue

When will boris twig that on 09:53 - Oct 14 by GeoffSentence

I view the Tories as the party of the rich and powerful, and now the incompetent as well. But the idea that this is binary choice between people and profit is just way too simplistic. Lockdown measures have a negative impact on people's lives as well, not just in terms of their livelihoods but also in terms of their health outcomes. That has to be considered too.

HMG is still making a hash of it, even considering the impact of lockdown measures on people's lives, but if you at it as purely a people vs profit argument you'll miss one side of the picture.

This is key. I'm amazed that people are still playing off health versus economy. It's not a case of one against the other. The more successful at tackling the virus, the better for the economy. And yes, we absolutely need a better conversation around people's wellbeing during these difficult times (a genuine one, not people using it as an excuse to promote their libertarian views).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When will boris twig that on 11:49 - Oct 14 with 1884 viewsKeno

When will boris twig that on 14:17 - Oct 13 by hype313

Not sure you can bring Suggs into this

although in fairness he'd probably be a better PM than Boris

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

When will boris twig that on 11:50 - Oct 14 with 1881 viewsstonojnr

we had a 4month circuit breaker...how did that turn out ? #justaskingforafriend
When will boris twig that on 12:20 - Oct 14 with 1852 viewsHalf_Idiot

When will boris twig that on 11:50 - Oct 14 by stonojnr

we had a 4month circuit breaker...how did that turn out ? #justaskingforafriend

We saw a decrease in numbers.

It wasn't until the government encouraged the nation to go out to bars/restaurants and go back to work/school that we saw the numbers increase again.
When will boris twig that on 12:33 - Oct 14 with 1827 viewsSouperJim

When will boris twig that on 11:24 - Oct 14 by Pinewoodblue

The point is we're only just marginally better than the USA for deaths per million, and their sh!tshow is run by the orange guy who has spent most of the past 6 months telling his people that covid is no big deal and suggesting injecting bleach is a good idea.

Italy are doing better than us and they were swamped with it early doors before anybody knew what was going on, not to mention having a significantly older and more vulnerable population and being connected to mainland Europe.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

When will boris twig that on 12:38 - Oct 14 with 1802 viewsElderGrizzly

It needs to be local not national imo.

East Cambs where I am is 19 per 100,000 and somewhere like Northern Ireland is 900 per 100,000.

The main issues is a Tier 3 or circuit breaker needs to be properly enforced, not allowing a get out for Wetherspoons because they serve chips.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024