Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Scotland get a five tier system? 15:05 - Oct 21 with 1025 viewsMookamoo

Didn't we have one of those at some point in April? Where are our other two tiers?
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:00 - Oct 21 with 975 viewseireblue

We did.

It was too complex for some people.

It was abandoned when some people struggled with Hands, Face Space.

So it was known that 3 was a good upper limit.

I say some people.

I mean the Prime Minister.

Imagine if he had been in charge during the initial HIV days. We really would have had good AIDS and bad AIDS.
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:06 - Oct 21 with 968 viewsSwansea_Blue

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:00 - Oct 21 by eireblue

We did.

I say some people.

Imagine if he had been in charge during the initial HIV days. We really would have had good AIDS and bad AIDS.

I do wonder what happened to that. It was launched, never mentioned again. And then suddenly appeared about 2 months later (although they weren't following it as originally set out) and now we get a 3 tier one out of the blue.

I not suggesting they can't manage detail and following anything through, but...they can't maange detail and following anything through.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:10 - Oct 21 with 960 viewsMookamoo

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:06 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I do wonder what happened to that. It was launched, never mentioned again. And then suddenly appeared about 2 months later (although they weren't following it as originally set out) and now we get a 3 tier one out of the blue.

I not suggesting they can't manage detail and following anything through, but...they can't maange detail and following anything through.

Found it - it was this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/10/boris-johnson-to-announce-five-

I think it was clear they needed a 3.5 and scrapped it.

I know its just semantics, but at least this has a low setting. The amount of people I hear in Suffolk thinking it's all OK because we're currently in the lowest tier.
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:20 - Oct 21 with 951 viewsSwansea_Blue

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:10 - Oct 21 by Mookamoo

Found it - it was this:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/10/boris-johnson-to-announce-five-

I know its just semantics, but at least this has a low setting. The amount of people I hear in Suffolk thinking it's all OK because we're currently in the lowest tier.

They've changed the goalposts in the responses haven't they. We would have been in tier 4 under that old system with community transmissions rising and the NHS stretched but coping. Yet pubs and restaurants should have closed in the previous level, whereas they're still open. Although not for much longer in Wales I have to add. We are following that old system closer than England is.

It just shows it wasn't thought through. It gave the impression of us being organised, but was quietly and quickly shelved because they're not really following any plan, just responding to whoever shouts loudest and getting twitchy about helping more people.

And yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if resetting the levels is more about trying to give the impression things are under control.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:21]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:23 - Oct 21 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

Because they have a government capable of counting that high?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:29 - Oct 21 with 932 viewsParsley

We effectively do have a 5 tier system because the current one starts at medium which implies there is a 'low' just not included as the situation isn't showing any signs of improvement at the moment and if the 'very high' tier doesn't work then there will be a stricter lockdown which would be your 5th tier (very very high?).
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:39 - Oct 21 with 917 viewsMookamoo

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:29 - Oct 21 by Parsley

We effectively do have a 5 tier system because the current one starts at medium which implies there is a 'low' just not included as the situation isn't showing any signs of improvement at the moment and if the 'very high' tier doesn't work then there will be a stricter lockdown which would be your 5th tier (very very high?).

Is Low going to be Tier Zero?

Tier 5 could be Tier Max
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 17:37 - Oct 21 with 884 viewsfactual_blue

You misheard.

Scotland has a Fife tier system.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 867 viewsKeno

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 17:37 - Oct 21 by factual_blue

You misheard.

Scotland has a Fife tier system.

Four wasn't far enough

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 859 viewsPJH

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 18:02 - Oct 21 by Keno

Four wasn't far enough

oh yes, Forfar 4 East Fife 5.
How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 18:07 - Oct 21 with 856 viewsKeno

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 18:05 - Oct 21 by PJH

oh yes, Forfar 4 East Fife 5.

Did you know Forfar fans are called 'Loons"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 22:05 - Oct 21 with 797 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:39 - Oct 21 by Mookamoo

Is Low going to be Tier Zero?

Tier 5 could be Tier Max

Is tier zero calorie free?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 22:10 - Oct 21 with 790 viewsMelford

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:00 - Oct 21 by eireblue

We did.

I say some people.

Imagine if this came out now

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 01:05 - Oct 22 with 760 viewsbournemouthblue

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:10 - Oct 21 by Mookamoo

Found it - it was this:

It was quickly spoofed

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 05:49 - Oct 22 with 726 viewsIPS_wich

How come Scotland get a five tier system? on 16:23 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

Because they have a government capable of counting that high?

No doubt that is true - but also their population at large has been relatively compliant, whereas as the English population at large has tended to find the 'Can I still go to the pub' scale easier to understand:

- No
- Yes, but only if you have a meal
- Yes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024