Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're looking pretty damn toothless today 15:37 - Oct 24 with 1892 viewsDubtractor

Offering very little real attacking threat at all, despite Brenner and Mathie raving about us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:40 - Oct 24 with 1731 viewsMullet

Hawkins nutting a corner like it spilt his pint, then volleying the ball into Nottinghamshire the next moment sort of sums it up doesn’t it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:41 - Oct 24 with 1712 viewsHerbivore

It's really, really one paced. So many one twos between the centre backs and midfield whilst they have ten men behind the ball waiting to break on us. Bishop and Lankester have broken the lines a couple of times but were not creating anything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:44 - Oct 24 with 1646 viewsDanTheMan

I think we've looked OK, there have been a few nice moments but I can't understand the enjoyment of watching the back four pass it between each other.

The major difference is that they seem to attack fast and with purpose whereas we seem much more relaxed.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 15:46]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:46 - Oct 24 with 1599 viewsdepressed

Laboured..

Kickit

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:46 - Oct 24 with 1597 viewsStokieBlue

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:41 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

It's really, really one paced. So many one twos between the centre backs and midfield whilst they have ten men behind the ball waiting to break on us. Bishop and Lankester have broken the lines a couple of times but were not creating anything.

The first few matches the midfield were much more incisive, looking to pass forward before going back if there literally was nothing on. Now we aren't doing that, for instance, Nolan seems to have reverted back to previous years (well, he's still better) and doesn't to be looking at forward passes.

Perhaps teams are picking up Dozzell a lot quicker which is stopping the more incisive passes forward and leading to incredibly dull passing in our own half.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:48 - Oct 24 with 1526 viewsjeera

What is it with the back passing to Holy?

A couple of times we've seemed determined to test our own keeper.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:48 - Oct 24 with 1521 viewsMullet

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:46 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

The first few matches the midfield were much more incisive, looking to pass forward before going back if there literally was nothing on. Now we aren't doing that, for instance, Nolan seems to have reverted back to previous years (well, he's still better) and doesn't to be looking at forward passes.

Perhaps teams are picking up Dozzell a lot quicker which is stopping the more incisive passes forward and leading to incredibly dull passing in our own half.

SB

I just don’t think Nolan or Lankester have had enough of the ball or been good enough when they have. Couple that with Edwards being great going forwards but allowing Ward to be doubled up too often and we are struggling to do anything meaningful.

Plus we can’t take a free kick for toffee so they’ll just keep chopping us down with impunity.

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 1473 viewsHerbivore

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:46 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

SB

It's very reminiscent of last season in this first half. Just knocking it about with no purpose between our 18 yard box and the halfway line. Contrast that with Lincoln who move the ball with real purpose when they have it and who always have forward runners and it's chalk and cheese. I still think even in our better performances this season we're too reliant on individual bits of quality to create chances rather than having a clear pattern of play that leads to us creating opportunities.

Login to get fewer ads

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 1475 viewsclive_baker

Keeping the ball, without any real goal threat. Nolan has seen so much of the ball in the middle, but needs to be a bit more inventive with it. Dozzell looks more likely to create, punching balls into Edwards and Hawkins and we know Bishop can drive forward with the ball which he should have licence to do. It's not bad, but we look too afraid to make mistakes. It's all a little predictable.

Bennett's directness off the bench might make a difference 2nd half.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 1454 viewsRobTheMonk

The build up play is so slow. The few times a bit of pace was injected, we actually looked like something could happen. Needs higher intensity.
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:51 - Oct 24 with 1427 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lots of the ball, Lincoln the far more threatening side though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 1402 viewsLankHenners

Playing ok without creating much or carrying much of a goal threat. Reminiscent of us in the Championship under Lambert.

Looking to play it forwards a bit more which is good and having Hawkins up front makes a difference but we need to find ways to get him more involved.

Concern here is if Lincoln get one, which they've looked likely to at times, I can't see us getting two back to win. Might be a tough ask to find an equaliser.

There's too much back and forth between Nsiala and Wilson - fine to be patient but need to get Dozzell/Bishop on the ball and drive forwards into a more threatening position. Can see Bennetts for Lankester before too long if nothing changes.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:54 - Oct 24 with 1343 viewsgordon

When we're in possession two of our midfielders are normally dropping almost into the backline to pick up the ball in really comfortable positions - if we're going to be passing it around, then we need centre-backs who are comfortable on the ball so the midfielders don't have to do that in my opinion, and can play further forward - seeing Bishop drop right back to pick the ball up off Wilson in acres of space, 30 yards away from a Lincoln player is ridiculous.

We can keep possession playing like that, but it's going to be very difficult to score goals.
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:54 - Oct 24 with 1308 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I haven't heard them raving about us to be honest.

They have probably had the best chances but a good save from Holy and some poor finishing has kept them to 0. Hawkins has had one cleared off the line so not entirely true to say we have no threat but we wasted a free kick into the wall and have generally not got the final ball right so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 1297 viewsgordon

I'd be surprised if Bennetts, Sears or Huws will make much difference, the centre-backs are the problem when we're in possession.
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:56 - Oct 24 with 1258 viewsTerra_Farma

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:40 - Oct 24 by Mullet

Hawkins nutting a corner like it spilt his pint, then volleying the ball into Nottinghamshire the next moment sort of sums it up doesn’t it?

Hawkins first touch has been shocking today
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:56 - Oct 24 with 1252 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:55 - Oct 24 by gordon

I'd be surprised if Bennetts, Sears or Huws will make much difference, the centre-backs are the problem when we're in possession.

Their centre backs or you are expecting ours to provide the defence-splitting pass?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 1224 viewsitfcjoe

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:50 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

Keeping the ball, without any real goal threat. Nolan has seen so much of the ball in the middle, but needs to be a bit more inventive with it. Dozzell looks more likely to create, punching balls into Edwards and Hawkins and we know Bishop can drive forward with the ball which he should have licence to do. It's not bad, but we look too afraid to make mistakes. It's all a little predictable.

Nolan has been so, so slow on the ball today - not playing as safely as he was on Tuesday but just slowing everything down and we need to win this one in transitions

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:59 - Oct 24 with 1177 viewsclive_baker

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:57 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

Nolan has been so, so slow on the ball today - not playing as safely as he was on Tuesday but just slowing everything down and we need to win this one in transitions

He's seen a lot of the ball but he's yet to do anything with it. Generally taken 3 touches to find an 8 yard square pass. As you say, very slow to move the ball.

I would be inclined to move Lankester into the middle with Bishop & Dozzell, and put Bennett's on the right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 1169 viewsgordon

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:50 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

Nsiala and Wilson drop really deep in possession because they aren't confident on the ball, and then the midfield 3 need to drop incredibly deep too to pick up the ball, and so they're miles away from supporting Hawkins when we attack.
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 1168 viewsHerbivore

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:54 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

I haven't heard them raving about us to be honest.

They have probably had the best chances but a good save from Holy and some poor finishing has kept them to 0. Hawkins has had one cleared off the line so not entirely true to say we have no threat but we wasted a free kick into the wall and have generally not got the final ball right so far.

A header from a corner and a free kick into the wall is scant evidence of us carrying a goal threat.

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 1145 viewsMullet

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:59 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

He's seen a lot of the ball but he's yet to do anything with it. Generally taken 3 touches to find an 8 yard square pass. As you say, very slow to move the ball.

I would be inclined to move Lankester into the middle with Bishop & Dozzell, and put Bennett's on the right.

Same or a straight swap for Huws and let him sit between Ward and Edwards to shut down Eyoma

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 1116 viewsgordon

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 15:57 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

Can't really see how putting Dobra on for Nolan would make this team worse, but he's not on the bench and we've got three defenders sat there.
We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:04 - Oct 24 with 1088 viewsjayessess

Alarming that a second team in a row look technically superior to us and I can't remember the last time we managed to successfully nullify and beat anyone like that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We're looking pretty damn toothless today on 16:55 - Oct 24 with 967 viewsDubtractor

Revisiting this post....we could be playing till 5 o'clock tomorrow and still not score.

We have been really damn poor today, absolute rubbish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024