Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... 22:07 - Nov 8 with 1373 viewsmonytowbray

...you either despise the EU and want freedom or you’re madly in love with the EU and hate Britain.

My question was always where was the option to hate both Britain AND the EU?

Although FWIW I was a “remoaner” because it was evident from day zero you couldn’t trust those conmen behind the two Leave campaigns and also I wasn’t going to follow a racist narrative against the advice of people more qualified to decide our future in the EU than myself (or most the country).

This hard on for governments to access our data is equally as bothersome as the current exploitive billionaires who have it. The stuff most people joke about or say on DM could get them in trouble with all context removed.

Give up your privacy rights or the terrorists will get you, etc.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 22:10]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:19 - Nov 8 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll stop using those apps if they lose end to end. Hopefully others will as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:52 - Nov 8 with 1256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't there a world of difference between reporters saying the EU "has an 'almost complete' resolution on the table" and the EU actually making legislation? Isn't this what an awful lot of the unwarranted criticism of the EU has always been about? Banning bent bananas helped the leavers win even though it never happened.

There are many who love Britain and love the EU. It is certain sections of the media and political parties who painted it as an either or.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:57 - Nov 8 with 1241 viewsmonytowbray

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:52 - Nov 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Isn't there a world of difference between reporters saying the EU "has an 'almost complete' resolution on the table" and the EU actually making legislation? Isn't this what an awful lot of the unwarranted criticism of the EU has always been about? Banning bent bananas helped the leavers win even though it never happened.

There are many who love Britain and love the EU. It is certain sections of the media and political parties who painted it as an either or.

All governments globally are either committing human rights atrocities or are complicit in allowing them to happen.

🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 23:55 - Nov 8 with 1165 viewsfactual_blue

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:19 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I'll stop using those apps if they lose end to end. Hopefully others will as well.

You do realise the forces of the state have already cracked the encryption on all these apps, don't you?

And don't say 'they can't be cracked'. Of course they can. And if the security services tell you they can't be cracked, they already have been.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 01:21 - Nov 9 with 1127 viewsSpruceMoose

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 23:55 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

You do realise the forces of the state have already cracked the encryption on all these apps, don't you?

And don't say 'they can't be cracked'. Of course they can. And if the security services tell you they can't be cracked, they already have been.

How else do you think I got Jeera's nudes?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 01:31 - Nov 9 with 1122 viewsjeera

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 01:21 - Nov 9 by SpruceMoose

Those are on there to teach any prying eyes a lesson.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 08:24 - Nov 9 with 959 viewsfactual_blue

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 01:21 - Nov 9 by SpruceMoose

You actually photographed him.

I did.

We all did.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 09:54 - Nov 9 with 868 viewsclive_baker

I fall into the remoaner category largely because I detest how the leave campaign became centred around migration and the movement of people. I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't feel any more Romanian than I do Indian or Australian quite frankly and I love the opportunities we have to live, work and travel overseas which I've benefitted from myself in the past. I want to see more of that, not less of it. The vitriol caused by vote leave / Farage's et al wasn't and isn't something I would ever feel comfortable in supporting and the thought that a large proportion of people in this country felt so much less welcome overnight is deeply regrettable IMO.

I'm not a remaoner because I like the EU, far from it. I make the EU and our UK government opposite sides of the same coin. It's a clique of white, middle classed, largely male charlatans p1ssing taxpayer money on expensive lunches and private jets.

If there was a vote to disband the EU and all member states become collaborative on such issues as peace, but more self sufficient and less reliance on non essential trade, it would have my vote. Climate change is the single biggest challenge that faces us all, and it and globalisation are inextricably bound together. We need to encourage more localised and sustainable societies.

I'm convinced if the EU didn't already exist, and it was proposed now as something we joined then it would be the leavers voting to join and the current remainers voting not to.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 10:12 - Nov 9 with 827 viewsKeno

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 23:55 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

That reminds of the comment by Frederick Forsyth about the firm that used to certify all security and encryption systems for the company that made then was actually an arm of Mossad

and only certified them after they knew how to break them

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 10:32 - Nov 9 with 796 viewsipswich78

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 22:19 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

Why?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 10:35 - Nov 9 with 789 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presumably a response to the Vienna attacks? Is it an issue (I genuinely don't know)? Will it help catch people using these networks for organising crimes, or can they do that already (seems to be a few suggestions on here that they can already, which wouldn't surprise me)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 10:35 - Nov 9 with 789 viewsipswich78

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 09:54 - Nov 9 by clive_baker

I fall into the remoaner category largely because I detest how the leave campaign became centred around migration and the movement of people. I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't feel any more Romanian than I do Indian or Australian quite frankly and I love the opportunities we have to live, work and travel overseas which I've benefitted from myself in the past. I want to see more of that, not less of it. The vitriol caused by vote leave / Farage's et al wasn't and isn't something I would ever feel comfortable in supporting and the thought that a large proportion of people in this country felt so much less welcome overnight is deeply regrettable IMO.

I'm not a remaoner because I like the EU, far from it. I make the EU and our UK government opposite sides of the same coin. It's a clique of white, middle classed, largely male charlatans p1ssing taxpayer money on expensive lunches and private jets.

If there was a vote to disband the EU and all member states become collaborative on such issues as peace, but more self sufficient and less reliance on non essential trade, it would have my vote. Climate change is the single biggest challenge that faces us all, and it and globalisation are inextricably bound together. We need to encourage more localised and sustainable societies.

I'm convinced if the EU didn't already exist, and it was proposed now as something we joined then it would be the leavers voting to join and the current remainers voting not to.

This is a very rational statement. I have said all along it was too black and white i.e. we're in, or we are out. I voted to stay in, that doesn't mean I love the EU but out of the two available options I believed and still do that it is the right thing for us.

I think the EU is far from perfect and absolutely needs to change but I firmly believe it's better to be a part of something bigger.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 730 viewsDarth_Koont

The worst thing that happened to UK society was the idea... on 09:54 - Nov 9 by clive_baker

Think that’s the other way around IMO.

With the understanding that global problems are much more of a threat than ever before then formal international partnerships, regulation and governance are the way forwards. National borders are largely meaningless nowadays faced with those realities and also more and more how people, businesses and other organizations see the world anyway.

I agree with more emphasis on community and a local idea of society. But abstract and meaningless ideas of nation get in the way of that too - certainly in the UK.

For me that’s the great shame of leaving the EU. We left an organisation that worked effectively on an international AND regional/local level and we’re now utterly reliant on a national government that does neither very well.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024