Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. 21:36 - Nov 14 with 1536 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:49 - Nov 14 with 1100 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 1095 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:55 - Nov 14 with 1079 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:58 - Nov 14 with 1074 viewsWestover

From me to you Del Shannon great cover and a small hit in the states and the only Beatles record that says it was written by McCartney and Lennon.

Don't know how to put YouTube up on here maybe someone could cheers.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 22:00]
Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:03 - Nov 14 with 1056 viewsPJH

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:04 - Nov 14 with 1060 viewsKeno

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:55 - Nov 14 by StochesStotasBlewe

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:04 - Nov 14 with 1054 viewsPJH

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:58 - Nov 14 by Westover

From me to you Del Shannon great cover and a small hit in the states and the only Beatles record that says it was written by McCartney and Lennon.

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:05 - Nov 14 with 1058 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:58 - Nov 14 by Westover

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 1042 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:04 - Nov 14 by Keno

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:21 - Nov 14 with 1034 viewsbluefunk

Bill withers taking the Beatles to Church

and Aretha putting Soul into it

EWF jazzing ‘em up

And Joe Cocker with as good a over as ever was

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:28 - Nov 14 with 1003 viewsvapour_trail

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:32 - Nov 14 with 989 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:51 - Nov 14 with 973 viewsBlueBoots

Where to start!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:54 - Nov 14 with 967 viewsJimmyJazz

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mtjkNmPxIB7uVKmHdbkWeXQJQAMWrp76

FOBF
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 22:57]

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 22:57 - Nov 14 with 963 viewsParisBlue

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 23:05 - Nov 14 with 947 viewsChurchman

Apols if the link fails, but I am trying to link a YouTube vid of Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Windwood and others doing While My Guitar Gently Weeps from a George Harrison tribute in about 2004. It’s great, then Prince towards the end does a guitar solo that smashes it right out of the park. He finishes, throws the guitar in the air (it disappears) and he walks off. Not a big Prince fan, but my god he was brilliant.
Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 23:14 - Nov 14 with 936 viewscatch74

Not quite a cover but read the other day about Dylan introducing weed to John and Paul and the idea of putting your soul into your music and lyrics, making it more personal. John’s answer amongst others was Norwegian Wood. Dylan, not impressed then wrote this as a parody - how it should be done.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:14 - Nov 15 with 905 viewsGuthrum

Can't believe nobody has posted this:

[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 0:14]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:19 - Nov 15 with 894 viewsDubtractor

Surprised this hasn't been posted. This is a majestic cover.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:22 - Nov 15 with 891 viewsGuthrum

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 21:51 - Nov 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

As, of course, was this:

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:25 - Nov 15 with 892 viewsGuthrum

For a bit of variation, the original of a song more famously covered by The Beatles:

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:25 - Nov 15 with 890 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:52 - Nov 15 with 879 viewsfactual_blue

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 00:25 - Nov 15 by Guthrum

For a bit of variation, the original of a song more famously covered by The Beatles:

And it didn't make the charts in the UK until 2010.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 02:44 - Nov 15 with 856 viewsurbanblue

We had a post like this before and I posted this by Lennon's mate Harry Nilsson. Apparently, there is up to 18 Beatles covers within one song. As discussed in the Youtube comments most can only spot 17 odd though. Here's one list from there ..

) She's A Woman
2) I'm Down
3) Drive My Car
4) You Can't Do That
5) You're Gonna Lose That Girl
6) Good Day Sunshine
7) A Hard Day's Night
8) Rain
9) I Wanna Hold Your Hand
10) Day Tripper
11) Paperback Writer
12) Do You Wanna Know a Secret
13) Girl
14) Norwegian Wood
15) Yesterday
16) Strawberry Fields Forever

Saturday Nite Music Thread. Beatles covers. on 07:52 - Nov 15 with 815 viewsdickie

I go through equal parts loving and disliking this Bowie version of Across The Universe. It's so overblown and ridiculous (and so different from the original) but it still works, especially in the context of the Young Americans album

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024