Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should have gotten Warnock 09:32 - Nov 25 with 2379 viewsMonkeyAlan

He was almost in the door again last Xmas by all accounts. May even have gotten us up last season if he had taken over. Too late now, will probably get Middlesbrough in the playoffs at least. We need a manager who is going to toughen up these lightweight players we have. Pulis was another, again, too late now. Maybe not pretty football but would do what is needed. Ironically, it would have been just the job for Mick. Joey Barton would be a good candidate. We are way too soft as a football team. Those players need toughening up. They have it way to cushy on half decent wages and a few of the older ones have to much sway in how things go on. That needs to change to. There is room for only one manager, some of those softies need to realize that.
Should have gotten Warnock on 09:33 - Nov 25 with 1789 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's going to hire Dyer, everyone will be happy, until a years time when nothing has changed because Evans is the problem.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:35 - Nov 25 with 1771 viewsMonkeyAlan

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:33 - Nov 25 by TieDyedIn95

He's going to hire Dyer, everyone will be happy, until a years time when nothing has changed because Evans is the problem.

That's true. At this moment in time Dyer is most definitely not the answer.
Should have gotten Warnock on 09:36 - Nov 25 with 1754 viewstractorboy1978

We need someone that can coach first and foremost. That can maximise the potential of the young players we have coming through and can let them express themselves and play with freedom whilst giving them some structure. We need someone that doesn't just pay lip service to the academy and genuinely sees it as the lifeblood and future of the club.
Should have gotten Warnock on 09:37 - Nov 25 with 1741 viewstractorboy1978

Evans is a big picture problem. Lambert is a small picture, this season we need to get promoted and he won't problem.
Should have gotten Warnock on 09:51 - Nov 25 with 1684 viewsMrTown

As someone else mentioned, will be same story with Cowley/Cook, neither of which will be available on the other side of Christmas I don't feel.

The 2 best candidates by a long way.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:54 - Nov 25 with 1676 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:56 - Nov 25 with 1662 viewshaynes_toe1

Warnock would have been an excellent appointment. To be fair right now, Mick would be an unbelievably good appointment.
Should have gotten Warnock on 09:58 - Nov 25 with 1658 viewsBloomBlue

Warnock is 'old school' he certainly would be kicking up the ar$e rather than putting an arm around, but when Lambert does that some fans moan. However if you're going with Warnock then why did we let Mick go, he would have been the perfect Manager for the current situation
Login to get fewer ads

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:06 - Nov 25 with 1632 viewsitfcjoe

This whole being soft thing is just lazy criticism - it doesn't matter how tough you are if you play a midfield 3 where the deepest one sits in behind the centre backs, at the same time that the furthest forward one is ahead of the striker with one player in the middle then it being tough or soft makes no difference.

We are simply a disorganised rabble,m poorly coached and poorly managed. We were never a soft team under Mick, we haven't become one we just are disorganised.

Warnock would have sorted us out, and we spoke to him, and he was up for it - but we doubled down on the 5 year contract.

Lambert can talk about being tough, but all he is doing is alienating the young players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:07 - Nov 25 with 1624 viewsGuthrum

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:58 - Nov 25 by BloomBlue

Warnock is 'old school' he certainly would be kicking up the ar$e rather than putting an arm around, but when Lambert does that some fans moan. However if you're going with Warnock then why did we let Mick go, he would have been the perfect Manager for the current situation

However, Warnock is also a man with infectious enthusiasm and is adept at forging a strong group mentality, as well as defending his players. Not to mention using astute tactics suited to his club's situation.

And I agree about McCarthy. Altho when things got prickly he resorted to pushing the fans away rather than drawing them in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:10 - Nov 25 with 1609 viewsitfcjoe

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:58 - Nov 25 by BloomBlue

Warnock is honest, straight forward and fair - he puts his arm round a lot of players and kicks the ar5e of those who need it - he always has done.

Lambert may have been a good man manager when he was at Norwich, but he isn't now - the game has moved on.

Just look at how different he is now compared to when he first came in, he is a shadow of the man.

I spoke to a player who was here under Mick, Hurst and Lambert - he said in the 1st few weeks Lambert was here he thought aht Lambert was going to be the best manager he'd ever played under in those first few weeks in the championship. That didn't last long.

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:13 - Nov 25 with 1592 viewsartsbossbeard

Didn't we have one of these types and people got their collective panties in a bunch about him?

Jim out, Keane out, Mick out, Hurst out (correct), Lambert out, repeat cycle.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:15 - Nov 25 with 1567 viewsPJH

Should have gotten Warnock on 09:51 - Nov 25 by MrTown

As someone else mentioned, will be same story with Cowley/Cook, neither of which will be available on the other side of Christmas I don't feel.

The 2 best candidates by a long way.

Although they have now both been out of work for four months so no particular reason why they should not still be out of work in another month or two.
Should have gotten Warnock on 10:28 - Nov 25 with 1519 viewsclive_baker

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Fed up with the indecisiveness. Evans needs to act and act fast because we simply aren't going up under Lambert. If he acts now he gives his replacement a wonderful base to work off by way of league position.

I would go for an older, experienced pair of hands until the end of the season with a nice bonus payable on promotion and an agreement to review the contract in the summer. Genuinely, someone of the Joe Royle ilk is exactly what the club needs right now. A man manager and a motivator. Someone the players respect and want to play for.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:36 - Nov 25 with 1496 viewsGuthrum

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:15 - Nov 25 by PJH

Although they have now both been out of work for four months so no particular reason why they should not still be out of work in another month or two.

Altho we are now getting towards the mid-season "sacking window", in the run-up to the January transfer period. Other clubs may be looking to snap up decent candidates in the next month or so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:43 - Nov 25 with 1461 viewsMrTown

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:15 - Nov 25 by PJH

Sack race tends to heat up around Xmas, cannot see Parkinson lasting long at Sunderland. Also think a few down the bottom of Championship could pull the trigger soon.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:48 - Nov 25 with 1435 viewsX0Y0

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:06 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

This whole being soft thing is just lazy criticism - it doesn't matter how tough you are if you play a midfield 3 where the deepest one sits in behind the centre backs, at the same time that the furthest forward one is ahead of the striker with one player in the middle then it being tough or soft makes no difference.

We are simply a disorganised rabble,m poorly coached and poorly managed. We were never a soft team under Mick, we haven't become one we just are disorganised.

Warnock would have sorted us out, and we spoke to him, and he was up for it - but we doubled down on the 5 year contract.

Lambert can talk about being tough, but all he is doing is alienating the young players

I had always assumed the Warnock rumour was mostly rumour, and not close to materialising if any conversations had even taken place.

It is criminally bad judgement if he had the opportunity to hire Warnock half way through last season and decided against it. There are few, if any, better managers who would be able and willling to come in and get results in 6 months at League 1 level with an existing squad of players.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 10:53]
Should have gotten Warnock on 10:51 - Nov 25 with 1411 viewsitfcjoe

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:48 - Nov 25 by X0Y0

I had always assumed the Warnock rumour was mostly rumour, and not close to materialising if any conversations had even taken place.

It is criminally bad judgement if he had the opportunity to hire Warnock half way through last season and decided against it. There are few, if any, better managers who would be able and willling to come in and get results in 6 months at League 1 level with an existing squad of players.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 10:53]

There was a standoff between Lambert and Evans over his contract - around Boxng Day so Evans explored his options

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 1365 viewsX0Y0

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:51 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

There was a standoff between Lambert and Evans over his contract - around Boxng Day so Evans explored his options

It makes me sad thinking of the 'sliding doors' parallel universe where we have Warnock in charge now, and I never thought I would make that statement.
Should have gotten Warnock on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 1360 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:51 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Explored options...found out we could replace him with a man who is basically a walking promotion...drew 0-0 at home to Gillingham and conceded 5 at Lincoln in the meantime and then decided to give Lambert his extension anyway. Outstanding

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Should have gotten Warnock on 11:21 - Nov 25 with 1287 viewsSteve_M

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:10 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Warnock is honest, straight forward and fair - he puts his arm round a lot of players and kicks the ar5e of those who need it - he always has done.

Lambert may have been a good man manager when he was at Norwich, but he isn't now - the game has moved on.

Just look at how different he is now compared to when he first came in, he is a shadow of the man.

I spoke to a player who was here under Mick, Hurst and Lambert - he said in the 1st few weeks Lambert was here he thought aht Lambert was going to be the best manager he'd ever played under in those first few weeks in the championship. That didn't last long.

That difference from when he first came here is stark. Not greatly dissimilar to his time at Villa I think. The enthusiasm and the desire to improve the whole club not just the first team are no longer visible.

The London supporters forum last January, during a decent month, he was quiet early on and became more enthusiastic as it went on. At the end of it I could see how he could be a good motivator but the slow start sticks in my mind too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Should have gotten Warnock on 11:23 - Nov 25 with 1276 viewsDyland

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:54 - Nov 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Explored options...found out we could replace him with a man who is basically a walking promotion...drew 0-0 at home to Gillingham and conceded 5 at Lincoln in the meantime and then decided to give Lambert his extension anyway. Outstanding

Another clear indication Evans pays piss all attention to ITFC.

It is shameful.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Should have gotten Warnock on 11:30 - Nov 25 with 1248 viewsOsborneOneNil

Should have gotten Warnock on 10:54 - Nov 25 by X0Y0

It makes me sad thinking of the 'sliding doors' parallel universe where we have Warnock in charge now, and I never thought I would make that statement.

We'd be in the Championship now, simples.
Should have gotten Warnock on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 1215 viewsX0Y0

Should have gotten Warnock on 11:30 - Nov 25 by OsborneOneNil

We'd be in the Championship now, simples.

Even if we weren't at least I would have hope. That's now faded (again).
Should have gotten Warnock on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 1210 viewstractorboy1978

Should have gotten Warnock on 11:21 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

That difference from when he first came here is stark. Not greatly dissimilar to his time at Villa I think. The enthusiasm and the desire to improve the whole club not just the first team are no longer visible.

The London supporters forum last January, during a decent month, he was quiet early on and became more enthusiastic as it went on. At the end of it I could see how he could be a good motivator but the slow start sticks in my mind too.

He seems in full on self-preservation mode now. When things start going wrong he turns nasty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024