Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving 14:08 - Nov 30 with 3189 viewsitfcjoe

We are a League 1 club, and this is happeneing:

"Following his exit first-team coach Matt Gill has taken on Henry's warming-up duties at the last two matches."

1st team coach, with presumably no sports science or fitness background is leading the warm ups.

In those 2 games, we have lost Freddie Sears, James Norwood and Toto Nsiala to muscle injuries.

Put aside any feelings and views on Lambert - that is an utter disgrace. Non league teams have people with a fitness background running their warm ups for them - it's not the 70s

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1813 viewsKieran_Knows

It is so bad that when I saw that earlier I just burst out laughing.

Shambolic, in every sense.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1809 viewsjayessess

Marcus Evans is utterly incompetent at running a football club. Feel like the focus on the budget often distracts from that and we'd probably be better off with people running the club who were poorer but less useless.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1805 viewsHealysBackPocket

Surely it would’ve been much more sensible to have one of the fitness team from the academy rock up and do it instead of Gill? Or is that too complicated for us to comprehend?

Although it wouldn’t shock me if the academy fitness team was just re-runs of Joe Wicks YouTube workouts.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1803 viewsLeBlue

Dietician will be next to go. He will be replaced by quarters of oranges at half time.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1800 viewsEricsGate

Totally Correct

The club is being run by amateurs - from the very top!!

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:12 - Nov 30 with 1785 viewsclive_baker

Yep. And it's not isolated to fitness and conditioning either, it runs throughout the whole club.

There's only so many cracks that can be papered over before the results of the penny pinching start to play out on the field. The infrastructure at the club is an absolute joke these days.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:13 - Nov 30 with 1752 viewsDanTheMan

It's incredible to me that as a club we can make every single wrong decision when we have the chance.

Like if you're going to sack him (and that looks to be what has actually happened) just replace him first. Surely it wouldn't have mattered?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1745 viewsEricsGate

Something is seriously wrong

You also have shamberts comments last week like yes I’ve just heard he’s injured this morning in reference to a player who picked up the injury 2/3 days before.

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

Login to get fewer ads

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1730 viewsIpswichKnight

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 by LeBlue

Dietician will be next to go. He will be replaced by quarters of oranges at half time.

Steak and chips before the game followed by ciggie and pint of Adnams at half time!
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1729 viewsitfcjoe

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:12 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Yep. And it's not isolated to fitness and conditioning either, it runs throughout the whole club.

There's only so many cracks that can be papered over before the results of the penny pinching start to play out on the field. The infrastructure at the club is an absolute joke these days.

We need to be back in the 2nd tier desperately

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:15 - Nov 30 with 1713 viewsportmanking

Why are we allowing Evans to do this to our club? We're quite literally becoming a laughing stock.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 1690 viewsjaykay

wish it was the 70s . no injuries of note, sir bob in charge, Wembley around the corner and most of all i would be in my 20s. also speaking on the 70s there was no sports science to mody coddle the players. english teams had no problem winning the European cups .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 1687 viewsMrTown

Been saying this for ages, we look and are run like an Semi-Pro outift.

Every aspect all the way through from the coaching, to the players performances.

Semi-Pro at very best.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 1688 viewstractorboy1978

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:12 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Quite - and the fact LO'N has 3 roles (Academy Manager, Director of Football, Chief Executive) that a lot of clubs consider to be 3 separate positions is the most obvious. How can he possibly dedicate the time to do any one of these roles effectively?
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:17 - Nov 30 with 1672 viewsclive_baker

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:14 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

We need to be back in the 2nd tier desperately

We also need a management team that can work within such limitations and truly take control of the club by the scruff of the neck. Sadly I don't think Lambert is smart enough, qualified enough, or capable enough to do that.

Take the Cowley's, they've started from the bottom up and won't be scared of getting their hands dirty, pulling in favours, cultivating that bit of spirit amongst the camp that gets players running through walls for them, as MM did.

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:21 - Nov 30 with 1629 viewsitfcjoe

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:17 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

We also need a management team that can work within such limitations and truly take control of the club by the scruff of the neck. Sadly I don't think Lambert is smart enough, qualified enough, or capable enough to do that.

Take the Cowley's, they've started from the bottom up and won't be scared of getting their hands dirty, pulling in favours, cultivating that bit of spirit amongst the camp that gets players running through walls for them, as MM did.

They've taken a club and brought the city along with them before, time to do it here at a higher level.

If we don't get them, someone else will and we'll regret missing out

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:21 - Nov 30 with 1618 viewsPlums

Can anyone else name a Premier League or Fooball League club where the fitness coach is currently working from home?
Truly bizarre.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:23 - Nov 30 with 1593 viewsMrTown

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:21 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

They've taken a club and brought the city along with them before, time to do it here at a higher level.

Indeed, 1,300 ST ticket were bought for the season the Cowleys took over, they were averaging 10,000 (7,000 ST) a game when they left.

They've strapped a bigge city on their back before and took from it's lowest point.

They are learners, developers, detailed, young coaches, from what I have researched on them, I still think they have more levels to go to as well.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:24]

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:23 - Nov 30 with 1593 viewsBeckets

Who does the warm ups for the Under 23s and Under 18s out of interest?
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 with 1567 viewsMrTown

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:23 - Nov 30 by Beckets

Who does the warm ups for the Under 23s and Under 18s out of interest?

Mr Motivator.

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 with 1568 viewsPlums

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:23 - Nov 30 by MrTown

Indeed, 1,300 ST ticket were bought for the season the Cowleys took over, they were averaging 10,000 (7,000 ST) a game when they left.

They've strapped a bigge city on their back before and took from it's lowest point.

They are learners, developers, detailed, young coaches, from what I have researched on them, I still think they have more levels to go to as well.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:24]

My 84 year old mum has had no interest in football whatsoever throughout my life. Due to the work the Cowleys did at Lincoln and how they energised the city and county, she’s an avid fan, never missing a game on the radio. We need some of that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 with 1567 viewsclive_baker

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:21 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

We definitely need a smarter choice that considers the context of the structure they're operating in. We need grafters in those roles that will get their hands dirty. Control freaks.

Your ex. Villa & Wolves, ex Champions League winner really isn't the right fit. Aside from him being absolute dog sh1t, he's not engaged enough, not hands on enough. There are parallels between ITFC and this government without wanting to go down a political rabbit hole. Massive leadership vacuum at the moment.

We need a back to basics approach, sleeves rolled up management team in there ASAP. Managers of the club, not just the team.

Edit: Mentioned the other day one of our players who I was with recently told me he's not had a 1 to 1 with Lambert in 2 years. He's a senior player this season. 2 years, no 1 to 1. Really can't get my head around how we can have such a distant management operating in this structure.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:27]

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:26 - Nov 30 with 1555 viewsMrTown

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 by Plums

My 84 year old mum has had no interest in football whatsoever throughout my life. Due to the work the Cowleys did at Lincoln and how they energised the city and county, she’s an avid fan, never missing a game on the radio. We need some of that.

Wow, that's actually an incredible story!

Fits in with this:

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:31 - Nov 30 with 1495 viewsportmanking

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:26 - Nov 30 by MrTown

Wow, that's actually an incredible story!

Fits in with this:

Cracking video that. He could quite easily be talking about Ipswich instead of Lincoln there.

That's why I think he's tailor-made for this job. That and the fact he does have some kind of Ipswich connection, given that family members support us.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 1483 viewsIllinoisblue

Death by a thousand cuts. We are reaping what Evans has sown

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024