Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving 14:08 - Nov 30 with 3188 viewsitfcjoe

We are a League 1 club, and this is happeneing:

"Following his exit first-team coach Matt Gill has taken on Henry's warming-up duties at the last two matches."

1st team coach, with presumably no sports science or fitness background is leading the warm ups.

In those 2 games, we have lost Freddie Sears, James Norwood and Toto Nsiala to muscle injuries.

Put aside any feelings and views on Lambert - that is an utter disgrace. Non league teams have people with a fitness background running their warm ups for them - it's not the 70s

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 1298 viewsDublinBlue84

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:21 - Nov 30 by Plums

Can anyone else name a Premier League or Fooball League club where the fitness coach is currently working from home?
Truly bizarre.

I'd fear for Andy Warren now, he'll be the next to be excluded from PR based on saying Henry left following disagreements rather than being for 'personal reasons'

But having a fitness coach work from home fot a football club who has an ongoing jnjury crisis is laughable. Honestly we have turned into a laughing stock.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:34 - Nov 30 with 1281 viewsTieDyedIn95

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:11 - Nov 30 by jayessess

Marcus Evans is utterly incompetent at running a football club. Feel like the focus on the budget often distracts from that and we'd probably be better off with people running the club who were poorer but less useless.

Time to aim our anger at Evans then, I know there's hardly a line of billionaires who'd like ITFC but we could force change if we made him look like a complete tool to the wider world and he'll have to make moves to protect his image.

I find it no coincidence he took his name off the shirts the season of our relegation. I think he knew what was coming!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:37 - Nov 30 with 1271 viewsclive_baker

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:26 - Nov 30 by MrTown

Wow, that's actually an incredible story!

Fits in with this:

I mean you only need to listen to the bloke for 3 minutes to realise he's infinitely more intelligent than Lambert.

I said it the other day and I really don't mean to be rude by it but I think Lambert just isn't very bright. He doesn't know how to manage or how to lead, he doesn't have the emotional intelligence or technical intelligence to manage football clubs, quite frankly. He's a busted flush. It's not all about money, there are a whole load of better options that would command a fraction of what Lambert is on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:38 - Nov 30 with 1254 viewsportmanking

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:37 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

I mean you only need to listen to the bloke for 3 minutes to realise he's infinitely more intelligent than Lambert.

I said it the other day and I really don't mean to be rude by it but I think Lambert just isn't very bright. He doesn't know how to manage or how to lead, he doesn't have the emotional intelligence or technical intelligence to manage football clubs, quite frankly. He's a busted flush. It's not all about money, there are a whole load of better options that would command a fraction of what Lambert is on.

Exactly right.

In that 3 minute video, Cowley had me watching on his every word. Engaging, articulate and switched on.

Lambert is a glorified cheer leader.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:38 - Nov 30 with 1255 viewsTieDyedIn95

"We just need a little bit of help."

Signs Will Keane and Alan Judge to keep us up.

That's all we needed to know.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:40 - Nov 30 with 1239 viewsBeckets

Agreed. The most erudite managers are those who had a pretty non existent playing career eg Wenger, Rodgers etc. Critically they’ve learnt how to manage people and performance rather than relying on the fact that they played for Dortmund once.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:41 - Nov 30 with 1235 viewsMrTown

This one is good, about their FA Cup win at Burnley whilst non-league, just little tactical anaylsis like understand both Left Back/Left Midfield were right footed on the day, and were drifting in field naturally.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:45]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:42 - Nov 30 with 1235 viewsitfcjoe

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

We definitely need a smarter choice that considers the context of the structure they're operating in. We need grafters in those roles that will get their hands dirty. Control freaks.

Your ex. Villa & Wolves, ex Champions League winner really isn't the right fit. Aside from him being absolute dog sh1t, he's not engaged enough, not hands on enough. There are parallels between ITFC and this government without wanting to go down a political rabbit hole. Massive leadership vacuum at the moment.

We need a back to basics approach, sleeves rolled up management team in there ASAP. Managers of the club, not just the team.

Edit: Mentioned the other day one of our players who I was with recently told me he's not had a 1 to 1 with Lambert in 2 years. He's a senior player this season. 2 years, no 1 to 1. Really can't get my head around how we can have such a distant management operating in this structure.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:27]

When players walk past the manager in the corridor he looks at the ground and walks past them.....there isn't a relationship between the players and the manager.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:44 - Nov 30 with 1213 viewsDanTheMan

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:42 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

When players walk past the manager in the corridor he looks at the ground and walks past them.....there isn't a relationship between the players and the manager.

Where the hell is ME in all of this? Surely he must know what's going on.

I just don't understand. Supporter morale must be at an all time low (which is a special accomplishment) and it's still radio silence. We don't even have someone like Milne to trot out to give platitudes.

I'm so near the end of my rope with this.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:45 - Nov 30 with 1199 viewsTieDyedIn95

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:44 - Nov 30 by DanTheMan

Where the hell is ME in all of this? Surely he must know what's going on.

I just don't understand. Supporter morale must be at an all time low (which is a special accomplishment) and it's still radio silence. We don't even have someone like Milne to trot out to give platitudes.

I'm so near the end of my rope with this.

He's running the club, that's where he is.

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:46 - Nov 30 with 1189 viewstractorboy1978

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:40 - Nov 30 by Beckets

Agreed. The most erudite managers are those who had a pretty non existent playing career eg Wenger, Rodgers etc. Critically they’ve learnt how to manage people and performance rather than relying on the fact that they played for Dortmund once.

It's the same in every industry - being technically proficient in the field shouldn't be a pre-requisite for being a manager, but it often is. Being able to manage and specifically manage people effectively is an entirely different set of skills. And in modern working environments, the carrot and being emotionally switched on is more powerful and effective than use of the stick.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:47]
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:49 - Nov 30 with 1160 viewsclive_baker

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:41 - Nov 30 by MrTown

This one is good, about their FA Cup win at Burnley whilst non-league, just little tactical anaylsis like understand both Left Back/Left Midfield were right footed on the day, and were drifting in field naturally.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 14:45]

Would be so refreshing here.

I've often thought I would love a journalist to ask Lambert the following question on the Thursday press conference:

"Who in the opposition side are you focussing your pre match attention around" or perhaps more directly "name the Oxford lineup for tomorrow". I would be so interested to hear his answer as he blustered some BS response. I wouldn't imagine he could name half their side. He's going through the motions, not in the slightest bit into the detail I would wager.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:53 - Nov 30 with 1137 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’d warm them up - with a red hot poker up their arses.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Scandalous on 14:53 - Nov 30 with 1140 viewsDyland

Is Evans secretly a Norwich fan?

Does he have an actual vendetta against Ipswich?

Is the Curse a real thing?

No of course not. Marcus is just apathetic and doubling down on his mistake not calling Lambert's bluff a year ago. And again, needs to take some sharp advice from someone better than whoever he listens to with regard structuring a modern football club. If he is unwilling to do this, he needs to feel uncomfortable. The Trust is weak. TWTD is better. We should also inundate the EADT with demands they run the same kind of thing they did against Magilton, but aimed at Evans. It's a local scandal.

You can still blame Lambert if he's managing all on field affairs though... unless Marcus/Lee literally told him to do one when Lambert asked for an interim fitness guy.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:08 - Nov 30 with 1088 viewsMrTown

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:49 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

Would be so refreshing here.

I've often thought I would love a journalist to ask Lambert the following question on the Thursday press conference:

"Who in the opposition side are you focussing your pre match attention around" or perhaps more directly "name the Oxford lineup for tomorrow". I would be so interested to hear his answer as he blustered some BS response. I wouldn't imagine he could name half their side. He's going through the motions, not in the slightest bit into the detail I would wager.

Make some very good points - going through the motions, not in the slightest bit into the detail, no desire to be here anymore.

Can't remember if it was that interview, presume it was where Cowley talks about studying the opposition and he states : 'it's nonsense that managers don't study the opposition, when you are going to war, it is crucial to know what opposition has at their disposal, are you up against tanks, guns, pistols. Where are the oppositions strengths and weaknesses'.

Would be a breathe of fresh air to the place. One problem, Marcus Evans.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 1058 viewshadleighboyblue

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:25 - Nov 30 by MrTown

Mr Motivator.

They use a Green Goddess DVD
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:13 - Nov 30 with 1045 viewsSpruceMoose

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:31 - Nov 30 by portmanking

Cracking video that. He could quite easily be talking about Ipswich instead of Lincoln there.

That's why I think he's tailor-made for this job. That and the fact he does have some kind of Ipswich connection, given that family members support us.

Depressing. He will go elsewhere and we will struggle on with Lambert until a panic sacking in March.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 15:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:14 - Nov 30 with 1038 viewshype313

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:40 - Nov 30 by Beckets

Mourinho being the most prominent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:19 - Nov 30 with 1015 viewsRobTheMonk

What. The Hell?! Was this happening when he first arrived with all the optimism or since the mood has turned?
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:35 - Nov 30 with 962 viewsblueislander

Stan Bowles' warm ups consisted of a last fag in the bookies while watching to see if his bet on the 2.30 came in !
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:40 - Nov 30 with 939 viewsfooters

My oh my.

Can anyone imagine if their boss did this to them?

Well, actually, having said that my old boss did. And everyone thought she was a cnt. She is no longer in position. Hopefully Lambert will follow.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 15:41 - Nov 30 with 938 viewsBryanPlug

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 14:16 - Nov 30 by jaykay

wish it was the 70s . no injuries of note, sir bob in charge, Wembley around the corner and most of all i would be in my 20s. also speaking on the 70s there was no sports science to mody coddle the players. english teams had no problem winning the European cups .

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 16:03 - Nov 30 with 868 viewsAce_High1

And yet people are going to attend and "support" this shower at the next home game.

If you have not realised all Evans cares about is the money. Cut off any funds going into him for rest of the season and watch how quickly he then reacts.

That is the only way. And for everyone saying oh but that will finish the club - so what it is almost dead anyway?

Sometimes you have to force their hand, like Chartlon fans did.

Emails to the powerless O'Neil will achieve nothing.
On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 16:05 - Nov 30 with 864 viewsDanTheMan

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 16:03 - Nov 30 by Ace_High1

And yet people are going to attend and "support" this shower at the next home game.

If you have not realised all Evans cares about is the money. Cut off any funds going into him for rest of the season and watch how quickly he then reacts.

That is the only way. And for everyone saying oh but that will finish the club - so what it is almost dead anyway?

Sometimes you have to force their hand, like Chartlon fans did.

Emails to the powerless O'Neil will achieve nothing.

It'll cost the club money letting people in.

I imagine those that are going will be season ticket holders, and I'd be very surprised if they weren't fairly vocal on what a shower of shít the current situation is.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

On the serious side about Jim Henry leaving on 11:01 - Dec 1 with 717 viewsNthQldITFC

That one observation is more important and more damning than all the inflexible formations & stubborn player selections & tactical ineptitudes & bull5hit interviews added together.

If that is accurate (and I have little reason to doubt it), it's a f**king disgrace and an utterly untenable position that needs to be terminated immediately. There's no way back from that, and no possible argument for allowing it to drift on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024