Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... 20:10 - Dec 3 with 2338 viewsDanTheMan

Especially when supporter morale is already pretty damn low.

Have a pop at the fans whilst saying "you don't know what you're talking about".

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:15 - Dec 3 with 2283 viewsKieran_Knows

That is me well and truly done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:17 - Dec 3 with 2250 viewsTrequartista

He must have the same PR advisor as Prince Andrew.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 20:17]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:18 - Dec 3 with 2245 viewsWD19

.....and claiming he knows the secret to success is 'skilful team management'.

Whilst continuing to employ Lambert.

Jesus wept.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:19 - Dec 3 with 2223 viewsm14_blue

It’s stunningly bad isn’t it?

I can’t work out what on earth he was hoping to achieve. It’s just bizarre how a successful businessman can misread the situation so completely.

Has Lambert got his sex tape or something?

I’m genuinely starting to question if I’ll ever go to watch Town live again, the passion has just completely died for me at the moment. Can’t believe I’m saying that.

Local non league for the foreseeable.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:22 - Dec 3 with 2190 viewsDublinBlue84

That's the typical of kind of statement someone puts up when they're in an echo chamber though to be fair. As has been said on here and by the guys in the EADT, the club are paranoid and deluded and they have lost touch with reality.

It is extremely worrying and this is where the owner model without a proper board falls down. If you'd had a board of directors who were fans of the club, there'd be a far better chance of a reality check, but because it's literally one man band in Evans, then it's difficult to know what can be done to make him see sense.

I have never been a big fan of Evans but I've never been one of his most vocal critics either. But that changes today, he is now poisoning our club and our fanbase and his trolling of the fans with 'Be careful what you wish for' is unbelievably ill-judged and not only is a large section of the fanbase against Lambert, but surely Evans has also now reached by far his lowest point as our owner.

The last 10 years or so have not been great, less face facts, with the last 2-3 being particularly bad. I had hoped we'd hit rock bottom. But the events of the past few weeks have shown that we're not there yet, we're still falling and the worrying thing is that I don't know when that fall is finally going to stop. I've been going to games for 25 years, and never felt this low about my club.

I have dedicated so much cash, time and blood and sweat and tears to this club. But when the owner makes a statement like that, then I wonder if it's time to find something else to do on a Saturday with my time and money. Because honestly, I simply don't enjoy it anymore like I used to. It's all took it's toll on me and I've had enough.

Think I'll go and watch local non-league instead, never thought I'd say that.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 20:24]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 2183 viewsjeera

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:19 - Dec 3 by m14_blue

It’s stunningly bad isn’t it?

I can’t work out what on earth he was hoping to achieve. It’s just bizarre how a successful businessman can misread the situation so completely.

Has Lambert got his sex tape or something?

I’m genuinely starting to question if I’ll ever go to watch Town live again, the passion has just completely died for me at the moment. Can’t believe I’m saying that.

Local non league for the foreseeable.

It is real head-in-the-sand stuff.

Makes you wonder if the ME corp are in some kind of bother and he is feeling in a corner.

That may be miles out of course, but is he now just out of his depth?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:24 - Dec 3 with 2171 viewsParamedic

And expecting us to put up with what is currently being put on offer on the pitch (I wouldn’t even mind the defeats if I was entertained) no hope of a decent cup run, as things are no hope of promotion back to the Championship, to feel insulted and cheated by a manager who publicly puts young talent down and has as much tactical awareness as a demented mole.

AllalallalSunderland

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:33 - Dec 3 with 2112 viewsReuser_is_God

It’s beyond baffling now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:36 - Dec 3 with 2084 viewshadleighboyblue

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:24 - Dec 3 by Paramedic

And expecting us to put up with what is currently being put on offer on the pitch (I wouldn’t even mind the defeats if I was entertained) no hope of a decent cup run, as things are no hope of promotion back to the Championship, to feel insulted and cheated by a manager who publicly puts young talent down and has as much tactical awareness as a demented mole.

That has to be the worst statement ever from the owner .

So now we know it's not just the manager that is deluded it's the owner too - that doesn't bode well for the future .

Last time I looked , it was 92% of fans wanting the manager out , but reading the statement we are obviously all wrong and a manager that has no tactical skills is doing a wonderful job .

Face facts Mr Evans , your manager has lost the plot , lost the fans and lost the players if you can't see that we are in even more trouble than we are now .

I honestly think the fans are going to desert you in droves , I've been supporting since the 70's and this is the worst things have been . This is no longer the proud club we all love ....local football beckons for next season , at least there is honesty there .
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:37 - Dec 3 with 2066 viewsHerbivore

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:15 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

That is me well and truly done.

Same. Totally through with the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:45 - Dec 3 with 2011 viewsPJH

It seems that things get worse by the day at the moment and this statement has sure as hell not helped.

Looks like the best that we can hope for as things stand is an assault on the Papa Pizza Cup (or whatever it is called) next season.

It really is worrying when each utterance that comes out of the club at the moment defies logic and is almost the opposite of reality.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:48 - Dec 3 with 1986 viewsm14_blue

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:45 - Dec 3 by PJH

It seems that things get worse by the day at the moment and this statement has sure as hell not helped.

Looks like the best that we can hope for as things stand is an assault on the Papa Pizza Cup (or whatever it is called) next season.

It really is worrying when each utterance that comes out of the club at the moment defies logic and is almost the opposite of reality.

It’s even worse than that for me.

There is nothing that could happen on the pitch that would stop me loving and supporting town.

It’s what we’ve become off the pitch that’s killed it for me. I think it may be irretrievable too. Everything that was so special about Ipswich is no more.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:55 - Dec 3 with 1934 viewsJDB23

Yeah, I saw the headline and some quotes and thought it would just be the typical ME statement and giving Lambert some support. Having now read the whole thing it's much worse than I expected.

We're finished.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:05 - Dec 3 with 1860 viewsKieran_Knows

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:37 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

Same. Totally through with the club.

I cannot quite believe how low we have sunken.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:05 - Dec 3 with 1855 viewsDarkblue

That statement is so offensive to a fan base that have stuck by a club despite continuous decline over the last 13 years under his tenure. I don't know how he could possibly think it was a good idea.

His comment about "getting a feel for matches on IFollow" is an example of how utterly ridiculous a statement it is overall.

I'm so fed up and, bar removing financial support, feels like there is very little we can do to generate any form of change.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:33 - Dec 3 with 1731 viewsDanTheMan

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:05 - Dec 3 by Darkblue

That statement is so offensive to a fan base that have stuck by a club despite continuous decline over the last 13 years under his tenure. I don't know how he could possibly think it was a good idea.

His comment about "getting a feel for matches on IFollow" is an example of how utterly ridiculous a statement it is overall.

I'm so fed up and, bar removing financial support, feels like there is very little we can do to generate any form of change.

I actually missed that one first reading.

Cameraman was obviously pointing a different direction when we're playing total football.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 22:03 - Dec 3 with 1622 viewspointofblue

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:33 - Dec 3 by DanTheMan

I actually missed that one first reading.

Cameraman was obviously pointing a different direction when we're playing total football.

Considering the quality of camerawork...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 01:27 - Dec 4 with 1415 viewsRyorry

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 20:48 - Dec 3 by m14_blue

It’s even worse than that for me.

There is nothing that could happen on the pitch that would stop me loving and supporting town.

It’s what we’ve become off the pitch that’s killed it for me. I think it may be irretrievable too. Everything that was so special about Ipswich is no more.

Likewise. This is not the ITFC I fell in love with 45 years ago. The line was stepped over by ME with that statement, it's become a completely different club now as far as I'm concerned.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 01:34 - Dec 4 with 1410 viewsMrTown

He’s just papering cracks that he made himself with offering Lambert such a long term deal that he doesn’t want to pay his way out of.

Lambert got so much power right now he’s standing on the throat of the club.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 1:39]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 01:35 - Dec 4 with 1406 viewsTieDyedIn95

We should all stay home until things change./ Sure a few of the hardcore will ignore but nothings going to improve while things stay like this and they will go home eventually to, a club without fans is nothing and Evans may view us as worthless plebs, he's the one whos consistently fked up with every single decision for over a decade, not us. He might think he's better than us, but the proof is in the results. A fan owned club called Wimbledon plays at the same level of a club that has an owner worth however many hundreds of millions and they started from nothing less than 20 years ago.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 01:36 - Dec 4 with 1406 viewsZondervanstash1

He is cocky and/or deluded. Surely there can’t be any fans out there that really care about our club that take that bulls**t seriously?! As a businessman, that was a very bad time to come out with that statement! I think/hope I speak on behalf of the majority in that this statement, was the final straw.

We want OUR club back Evans. You’ve destroyed it and we’ve become a joke of a club under your ownership.
Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 10:41 - Dec 4 with 1143 viewsDarkblue

Well that's basically the worst statement you could put out... on 21:05 - Dec 3 by Darkblue

This morning I've cancelled my iFollow subscription and won't be paying for anymore games.

Clearly our owner doesn't think it's worth paying for, given his comments, and I don't really feel comfortable contributing to the club anymore based on the last week.

A real shame that it has come to this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024