Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would 12:02 - Dec 13 with 3268 viewsJoHnNnY

I personally think out of all the injuries, one player we miss badly is Wilson.

Woolfy and McGuinness are more comfortable if they have an experienced player next to them. It allows them to have someone clearing up when the odd slip happens.

Woolfy does look too calm at times - McGuinness would clearly put his body and head through a bus.

Wilson does the basic simple things well.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:14 - Dec 13 with 3184 viewsSuperblue95

Lambert should just go full bantz and play a back line of Kenlock Wilson Nsiala and Donacien and watch us concede 7 every week

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:23 - Dec 13 with 3127 viewsBluefish

One of those players that gets better in the eyes of a certain type of fan the more that he doesn't play

Laughable that we have supporters that think Wilson is better in any area than Chambers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:27 - Dec 13 with 3118 viewsWD19

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:14 - Dec 13 by Superblue95

Lambert should just go full bantz and play a back line of Kenlock Wilson Nsiala and Donacien and watch us concede 7 every week

Wilson at left back presumably? And both Donacien and Kenlock at right back!?
I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 3093 viewsCoco

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:14 - Dec 13 by Superblue95

Crazy thing is Hurst would have dreamed of that backline at Shrewsbury and it probably would have seen them promoted automatically.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:32 - Dec 13 with 3074 viewsLankHenners

He's a solid, no nonsense defender but just having him in wouldn't really change anything. We'd still get played through too easily and it doesn't help us go forward any better, if anything it probably makes it worse.

If there's one injured player who might make a difference but people won't want to hear it it's Cole Skuse.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:34 - Dec 13 with 3062 viewsMrTown

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:23 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

One of those players that gets better in the eyes of a certain type of fan the more that he doesn't play

Laughable that we have supporters that think Wilson is better in any area than Chambers

Never going to set the world alight Wilson, does the basics well enough, a typical League 1 no nonsense defender.

Not sure there is too much between him and Chambers at CB.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:35 - Dec 13 with 3054 viewsCoco

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:32 - Dec 13 by LankHenners

He's a solid, no nonsense defender but just having him in wouldn't really change anything. We'd still get played through too easily and it doesn't help us go forward any better, if anything it probably makes it worse.

If there's one injured player who might make a difference but people won't want to hear it it's Cole Skuse.

A solid no need nonsense head it and kick defender at this level. Maybe not so good ball playing if the style of peak Barcelona. Not quite good enough for Lincoln City though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:36 - Dec 13 with 3035 viewsCoco

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:34 - Dec 13 by MrTown

Never going to set the world alight Wilson, does the basics well enough, a typical League 1 no nonsense defender.

Not sure there is too much between him and Chambers at CB.

Problem being Lambert is asking him to do ‘nonsense’.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:40 - Dec 13 with 3007 viewsTown_Boy

I think we miss Skuse in the middle! He does the little bits that we take for granted just because he isn’t a goal scorer doesn’t make him poor

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:04 - Dec 13 with 2909 viewsCoco

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:40 - Dec 13 by Town_Boy

I think we miss Skuse in the middle! He does the little bits that we take for granted just because he isn’t a goal scorer doesn’t make him poor

Like we missed him last season.

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:06 - Dec 13 with 2901 viewsIllinoisblue

Thought Wolf was poor yesterday (not alone there) slipped for the first goal. Imagine the dogs abuse Toto would have got for that mistake.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:12 - Dec 13 with 2858 viewsrattram

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:36 - Dec 13 by Coco

Problem being Lambert is asking him to do ‘nonsense’.

Our central defence pairing doesn't work and our elderly full backs aren't helping them.
I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:13 - Dec 13 with 2852 viewsSuperblue95

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 12:32 - Dec 13 by LankHenners

A Skuse in his prime maybe. He’s too old now

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:24 - Dec 13 with 2803 viewsLankHenners

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:13 - Dec 13 by Superblue95

A Skuse in his prime maybe. He’s too old now

Skuse right now would make a (small) difference. At worst he's Nolan but can actually put himself about and break up the play a bit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 13:29 - Dec 13 with 2767 viewsMrTown

Not so sure, soon to 35, injuries catching him now.

Give me a 27 year old version any day of the week, but you’ve got to forget these kind of players now (Sears, Skuse, Chambers, Judge) - got to move on from them, they really are no benefit to the club going forward.

Flynn Downes the biggest miss for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 14:01 - Dec 13 with 2685 viewsjayessess

Isn't the point of paying a manager a lot of money so they can set the team up to be competitive, even if we're missing some personnel? If the job is just picking the best XI players we've got and then watch them do their stuff, why not just choose a random season ticket holder to do it every week, save ourselves £550k a year
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 14:09]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 14:29 - Dec 13 with 2578 viewsJ2BLUE

There is no doubt we would be better with a full squad to choose from but what people seem to be missing is that we would be better in spite of the manager, not because of him. It's very clear that he's completely lost the plot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 14:56 - Dec 13 with 2497 viewsBlueBadger

Cornell in goal as well, presumably?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 16:04 - Dec 13 with 2372 viewsJoHnNnY

It's Downes we miss most in CM

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 16:38 - Dec 13 with 2285 viewsmrshallisfit

Skies back would also release Dozzell further up the park.
I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 17:26 - Dec 13 with 2185 viewsJoHnNnY

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 14:29 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

There is no doubt we would be better with a full squad to choose from but what people seem to be missing is that we would be better in spite of the manager, not because of him. It's very clear that he's completely lost the plot.

Only slightly.

It wasn't long ago Lambert had options in every position, and was a headache for him to pick the team.

We were still pretty sheet and looked unorganised.

Our play is "reactive football".

It's clear whatever ball is played is like almost a surprise, then its a ... "Oh, I'll chase that as he isn't", or players receiving the ball when not expecting it, ends in poor control / loss of possession.

No understood plan
No playing as a unit

One person to blame... Time's up.

I'm going to say it... and I didn't think I would on 20:26 - Dec 13 with 1956 viewsistanblue

If you're putting any kind of hope on James Wilson to be the catalyst for saving the season then we're really in the sh!t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024