Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT 16:03 - Dec 14 with 4165 viewsWickets

Quotes Brenner Wooley as saying after Saturdays defeat we, that's Ipswich Town are Britain's most miserable club ! What do we think about that ?
EADT on 16:05 - Dec 14 with 3846 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Would probably rather be us than Bolton, Bradford or Wigan.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

EADT on 16:10 - Dec 14 with 3791 viewseddiespearitt03

EADT on 16:05 - Dec 14 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

...but under Marcus Evans we could eventually become a Rochdale.
EADT on 16:12 - Dec 14 with 3767 viewstextbackup

if anyone can list a single positive about us ill be surprised.

(and cups won in black and white days don't count)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

EADT on 16:13 - Dec 14 with 3760 viewsitfcjoe

Got to be a toss up between us and Oldham over the last 10 years or so.

Literally one exciting season under Mick - even when Jewell left, or when we struggled a bit in 2016-17 we were able to not even get into a relegation fight at the business end of the season to celebrate staying up. And when we went down we were relegated so early it wasn't even close

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EADT on 16:15 - Dec 14 with 3723 viewstextbackup

EADT on 16:13 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

Literally one exciting season under Mick - even when Jewell left, or when we struggled a bit in 2016-17 we were able to not even get into a relegation fight at the business end of the season to celebrate staying up. And when we went down we were relegated so early it wasn't even close

and that one season ended with our local rivals beating us in the playoffs, went to Wembley, and gained promotion..... so all in all even that season was depressing.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

EADT on 16:16 - Dec 14 with 3709 viewsPositivelyPortman

EADT on 16:12 - Dec 14 by textbackup

Johnny Wark still loves us.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

EADT on 16:17 - Dec 14 with 3711 viewsitfcjoe

EADT on 16:15 - Dec 14 by textbackup

and that one season ended with our local rivals beating us in the playoffs, went to Wembley, and gained promotion..... so all in all even that season was depressing.

True.

I know some people hark back to the glory days of Robson, but if you were to look at just for people our age.....every season was exciting growing up - when it was April 1st we were always in the mix for something.

EADT on 16:18 - Dec 14 with 3687 viewsclive_baker

EADT on 16:13 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

The only positive now is we do have a plethora of exciting young players coming through. It's early days for many of them, but I do think there's reason to be optimistic if we can keep the gang together. It's a shame we don't have the management team that can get the best out of them.

It's more promising than under Jewell to some extent, we we were reliant on a number of loanees and shorter term fixes. I like the basis of our younger squad, I just hate how we're playing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

EADT on 16:21 - Dec 14 with 3639 viewsfooters

Close to the station.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 3612 viewsitfcjoe

EADT on 16:18 - Dec 14 by clive_baker

The only positive now is we do have a plethora of exciting young players coming through. It's early days for many of them, but I do think there's reason to be optimistic if we can keep the gang together. It's a shame we don't have the management team that can get the best out of them.

It's more promising than under Jewell to some extent, we we were reliant on a number of loanees and shorter term fixes. I like the basis of our younger squad, I just hate how we're playing.

I think the state of the club under Evans gets overplayed somewhat when things are bad, being better on the pitch would cover a multitude of issues, plus would free us up to invest a bit more money in the right areas if we were actually making some

His biggest failure is with managers, not supporting the right ones at the right time, and getting rid of the wrong ones at the wrong time, or not at all.

We could lose tomorrow, sack Lambert and be in the top 2 at the end of March and the whole pl;ace would be buzzing

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 3590 viewsjayessess

EADT on 16:05 - Dec 14 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

What's worse, gradual, slow, grinding decline or sudden crashes interspersed with actual enjoyable seasons?

We haven't had an unambiguously enjoyable season since 2001. In that time, Bolton have had 10 successful seasons surviving in the Premier League, plus a promotion from League One. Wigan 4 promotions, 7 premier league survival seasons and a FA Cup win. Even Bradford had 1 promotion!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 3576 viewsHerbivore

EADT on 16:21 - Dec 14 by footers

Close to the station.

Worth an uppy all day long.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

EADT on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 3554 viewsMetal_Hacker

Difficult to argue against

It's like a constant toothache that doesn't progressively get any worse ,you kind of get used to it and accept it as the norm

Poll: If it were one or the other

EADT on 16:31 - Dec 14 with 3502 viewstractorboy1978

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

I think the state of the club under Evans gets overplayed somewhat when things are bad, being better on the pitch would cover a multitude of issues, plus would free us up to invest a bit more money in the right areas if we were actually making some

His biggest failure is with managers, not supporting the right ones at the right time, and getting rid of the wrong ones at the wrong time, or not at all.

We could lose tomorrow, sack Lambert and be in the top 2 at the end of March and the whole pl;ace would be buzzing

He's only 'sacked' one manager since 7 January 2011. When you put it like that it is bonkers!!

Jewell - virtually walked, 'mutual consent' but ME apparently tried to convince him to stay.
McCarthy - walked and even if he didn't it would have been a contract expiry
Hurst - sacked. That really was untenable.
Lambert - absolutely no idea how he is still here.
EADT on 16:35 - Dec 14 with 3452 viewstractorboy1978

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 by jayessess

What's worse, gradual, slow, grinding decline or sudden crashes interspersed with actual enjoyable seasons?

We haven't had an unambiguously enjoyable season since 2001. In that time, Bolton have had 10 successful seasons surviving in the Premier League, plus a promotion from League One. Wigan 4 promotions, 7 premier league survival seasons and a FA Cup win. Even Bradford had 1 promotion!

I think that's harsh. Depends how you measure it I guess - if it's by trophies/promotions then obviously you are right. But I enjoyed us under Royle and largely enjoyed us under Magilton.
EADT on 16:37 - Dec 14 with 3442 viewsjayessess

EADT on 16:24 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

That's part of what makes it so miserable, I think? Nothing to rally around, no fires to extinguish, not even the hopeful honeymoon of the occasional manager change or a takeover. Just consistent levels of incompetence and drudgery.

EADT on 16:41 - Dec 14 with 3396 viewsitfcjoe

EADT on 16:37 - Dec 14 by jayessess

That's part of what makes it so miserable, I think? Nothing to rally around, no fires to extinguish, not even the hopeful honeymoon of the occasional manager change or a takeover. Just consistent levels of incompetence and drudgery.

We've had one very good manager here, and Evans left the situation drift so far that there was no option but for him to go as despite overperforming budgets, making money in the market and signing good players for bargain prices his position was basically totally untenable!

EADT on 16:47 - Dec 14 with 3318 viewsjayessess

EADT on 16:35 - Dec 14 by tractorboy1978

I think that's harsh. Depends how you measure it I guess - if it's by trophies/promotions then obviously you are right. But I enjoyed us under Royle and largely enjoyed us under Magilton.

I enjoyed a lot of the football, but... that unambiguous high of it all coming together and you finally getting that promotion/trophy/surviving against the odds, without that bitter feeling where you ultimately failed in the end, that's something else, I reckon.

EADT on 16:58 - Dec 14 with 3213 viewsWickets

On another thread someone has pointed out over our last 3 home games Hull,Charlton and Portsmouth we have a combined loss of 0-7 !! Just let that sink in Marcus Evans !
EADT on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 3128 viewsAlanG296

I think the Club's contempt for anything but the league compounds the miserableness. We had dull miserable seasons in the past but, and appreciate not for all, a cup tie and better still a cup run, provided welcome relief from the miserable monotony of the league. FA Cup, League Cup, Full Members, Simod, Anglo Italian, Hospital Cup even. If we lost, so what? But at least we always had a go. Happy days!
EADT on 17:11 - Dec 14 with 3082 viewskeighleyblue

our home shirts are good this season.
EADT on 18:09 - Dec 14 with 2830 viewsIllinoisblue

EADT on 16:18 - Dec 14 by clive_baker

Unpopular opinion... what if our youths aren’t actually that good? Downes has obvious quality. Do we still count Dozzell as a youngster? He clearly should be playing at a higher level. Beyond that... I don’t see any real standouts or players taking Division 3 by storm. Caveat; it’s hard to shine under Lambert’s godawful set up, but still. Lankester is anonymous every game. Wolfenden looks half the player he was.

Maybe being harsh but it seems like all we ever do is TALK about how good our youths are but we see precious little evidence

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

EADT on 22:04 - Dec 14 with 2237 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

EADT on 09:26 - Dec 15 with 1775 viewsMonkeyAlan

EADT on 18:09 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

Unpopular opinion... what if our youths aren’t actually that good? Downes has obvious quality. Do we still count Dozzell as a youngster? He clearly should be playing at a higher level. Beyond that... I don’t see any real standouts or players taking Division 3 by storm. Caveat; it’s hard to shine under Lambert’s godawful set up, but still. Lankester is anonymous every game. Wolfenden looks half the player he was.

Maybe being harsh but it seems like all we ever do is TALK about how good our youths are but we see precious little evidence

Not harsh at all. I keep being told we have all these incredible youngsters, but Dozzell isn't a youngstee really now, nor is Downes. I see younger players playing regularly in the premier League, and playing much more consistently than our dross play in Division 3.As for the rest, l don't see any real shining lights, l hear a lot talked about them but really if they were as good as people keep saying they would already be ripping it up. They arnt, many are either injured or really very bang average.
EADT on 09:30 - Dec 15 with 1762 viewsHerbivore

EADT on 18:09 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

Most of this can be traced back to having an inept manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024