Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 5 point plan. 14:28 - Dec 15 with 1094 viewsbluevein

Has any manager since Joe Royle understood our DNA. I don't think they have and therein lies the problem.

I feel the Owner has tried to define the club with a 5 point plan. Until he understands what makes ITFC live and breath the 5 point plan is a pointless endeavour.

The 5 point plan. on 14:30 - Dec 15 with 1080 viewsportmanking

Evans' entire reign has been a big, fat pointless endeavour.
The 5 point plan. on 14:33 - Dec 15 with 1068 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The 5 point plan. on 14:30 - Dec 15 by portmanking

It's been an utter disaster yet number of people have been holding the torch for him for many years.
The 5 point plan. on 14:41 - Dec 15 with 1042 viewstractorboy1978

Magilton.

Evans came in with no plan or comprehension of how to run a football club. He thought he could make a quick buck by simply spending his way out of the division - and he probably could have if he'd put the correct structure and correct people in place.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 14:42]
Name 3. (n/t) on 14:42 - Dec 15 with 1023 viewsBloots

The 5 point plan. on 14:33 - Dec 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's been an utter disaster yet number of people have been holding the torch for him for many years.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The 5 point plan. on 14:47 - Dec 15 with 1010 viewsBloomBlue

But what is our DNA?

For me a supporter of over 60 years are DNA is about building a team from the youth setup and buying 1 or 2 players to argument the youngsters, with gradual improvement even if it means staying in the same league for a few seasons.. Which is why I refute any fan who wants an owner to come in and splash the cash on a load of players, that approach is against our DNA
Name 3. (n/t) on 14:49 - Dec 15 with 991 viewshomer_123

Name 3. (n/t) on 14:42 - Dec 15 by Bloots

Just delved into the News comments by homer_123 15 Dec 2020 12:19
This forum isn't representative of the wider ITFC fanbase as it is somewhat self selecting.

That said, I'd say on the current issue of ownership and management - there is a far wider general consensus of agreement that change is needed.

For all the years I have frequented this forum - I'd suggest this is the closest we've come to everyone agreeing on something! Which I do believe does represent where the majority of ITFCs views sit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The 5 point plan. on 14:49 - Dec 15 with 982 viewsthebooks

I don’t think the 5 point plan (which one?) was anything but an attempt to look like there was some sort of plan. We’ll mention youth, investment and a style of play, and that’ll do.

TBF, even Sheepshanks’ 5 year plan was a bit of spin after it took us 5 years to get promoted.

To think, that seemed like too long to get back into the PL.

Which makes me think, what is our “natural” level?

I’d say we should be around the top of the Championship and getting the odd promotion, like Fulham, WBA and, ahem, Norwich when you bear in mind the size of the town and stadium and our history.

But we’re heading the way of those teams that won the FA Cup back in the 1940s and 50s a lot but have done nothing much since then.
The 5 point plan. on 15:01 - Dec 15 with 943 viewstractorboy1978

The 5 point plan. on 14:49 - Dec 15 by thebooks

I don’t think the 5 point plan (which one?) was anything but an attempt to look like there was some sort of plan. We’ll mention youth, investment and a style of play, and that’ll do.

TBF, even Sheepshanks’ 5 year plan was a bit of spin after it took us 5 years to get promoted.

To think, that seemed like too long to get back into the PL.

Which makes me think, what is our “natural” level?

I’d say we should be around the top of the Championship and getting the odd promotion, like Fulham, WBA and, ahem, Norwich when you bear in mind the size of the town and stadium and our history.

But we’re heading the way of those teams that won the FA Cup back in the 1940s and 50s a lot but have done nothing much since then.

I think people that simply say 'ME doesn't invest enough money' give him a really easy get out, which is 'find me someone else willing to put in what I do'. For me the issue is and always has been how poorly we are run and how poorly his money has been invested over his 13 years. That's what he should be questioned on.

It's not about spunking money, it's about having some semblance of a plan/strategy and sticking to it. It's about building up a football club by being clever, innovative and getting the absolute maximum out of our resources. Spending on the infrastructure of the club has been cut back to the absolute bare bones.

Where should we be? People will likely disagree on that but you could easily list 20 clubs that have overtaken us under Evan's reign without investing any more than he has. That cannot be argued with.
Login to get fewer ads

The 5 point plan. on 15:26 - Dec 15 with 877 viewsthebooks

The 5 point plan. on 15:01 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

I think people that simply say 'ME doesn't invest enough money' give him a really easy get out, which is 'find me someone else willing to put in what I do'. For me the issue is and always has been how poorly we are run and how poorly his money has been invested over his 13 years. That's what he should be questioned on.

It's not about spunking money, it's about having some semblance of a plan/strategy and sticking to it. It's about building up a football club by being clever, innovative and getting the absolute maximum out of our resources. Spending on the infrastructure of the club has been cut back to the absolute bare bones.

Where should we be? People will likely disagree on that but you could easily list 20 clubs that have overtaken us under Evan's reign without investing any more than he has. That cannot be argued with.

Yes. Of course, spending a lot of money will give you more of a chance.

This is sport, so there are no guarantees that approach x or y will work, but the point is you need to have some form of plan, and ours has really been to cut costs and hope a big(ish) name manager will be able to do the rest.

We occasionally mention painting the reception.
The 5 point plan. on 15:34 - Dec 15 with 853 viewshype313

It was pre season waffle to get more ST's sold.

There is no 5 point plan, Evans doesn't have that kind of nous, however, he knows how to flog a ticket and this is one way of getting more ticket sales.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The 5 point plan. on 15:37 - Dec 15 with 847 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The 5 point plan. on 14:30 - Dec 15 by portmanking

Morse the pity

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The 5 point plan. on 16:02 - Dec 15 with 804 viewsmonty_radio

The 5 point plan. on 14:47 - Dec 15 by BloomBlue

But what is our DNA?

For me a supporter of over 60 years are DNA is about building a team from the youth setup and buying 1 or 2 players to argument the youngsters, with gradual improvement even if it means staying in the same league for a few seasons.. Which is why I refute any fan who wants an owner to come in and splash the cash on a load of players, that approach is against our DNA

I've supported for a similar length of time, but I think that D.N.A. was lost a long time ago. Both the 1978 Cup Final and the 1981 UEFA contained 7 home-grown (if you count Mills). The 2000 Play-off Final contained 1 (Richard Wright). Those stats have fluctuated since then, but often we have fielded sides with next to no established youth products. Even now, with several youth products circling around, if they were all fit at the same time (!) only 4 - Dozzell, Downes, Bishop and Woolfenden - could be guaranteed to be in every starting squad - and this at a relatively rich time for our Academy products.

It may be if, Dobra and Lankester achieve their current potential, that we are in for a new era of that old D.N.A. but to claim it as any sort of continuous thread is open to debate.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 16:05]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The 5 point plan. on 16:07 - Dec 15 with 779 viewstractorboy1978

The 5 point plan. on 15:26 - Dec 15 by thebooks

Yes. Of course, spending a lot of money will give you more of a chance.

This is sport, so there are no guarantees that approach x or y will work, but the point is you need to have some form of plan, and ours has really been to cut costs and hope a big(ish) name manager will be able to do the rest.

We occasionally mention painting the reception.

Every player we've signed for over £1m under ME has/will leave the club on a free transfer - make of that what you will. And that's without listing the likes of Harrison, Donacien, Grant Ward, Fulop who signed for fees in the high hundred 000's.

Norris - £2m
Civelli - £1m
Leadbitter - £2.65m
Edwards - £1.35m
Martin - £1.5m
Chopra - £1.5m
JET - £1.5m
Huws - £1m
Jackson - £1.6m
The 5 point plan. on 16:24 - Dec 15 with 756 viewsjayessess

The 5 point plan. on 16:07 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

Every player we've signed for over £1m under ME has/will leave the club on a free transfer - make of that what you will. And that's without listing the likes of Harrison, Donacien, Grant Ward, Fulop who signed for fees in the high hundred 000's.

Norris - £2m
Civelli - £1m
Leadbitter - £2.65m
Edwards - £1.35m
Martin - £1.5m
Chopra - £1.5m
JET - £1.5m
Huws - £1m
Jackson - £1.6m

I don't think Jackson will, tbf.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The 5 point plan. on 16:43 - Dec 15 with 724 viewsBloomBlue

The 5 point plan. on 16:02 - Dec 15 by monty_radio

I've supported for a similar length of time, but I think that D.N.A. was lost a long time ago. Both the 1978 Cup Final and the 1981 UEFA contained 7 home-grown (if you count Mills). The 2000 Play-off Final contained 1 (Richard Wright). Those stats have fluctuated since then, but often we have fielded sides with next to no established youth products. Even now, with several youth products circling around, if they were all fit at the same time (!) only 4 - Dozzell, Downes, Bishop and Woolfenden - could be guaranteed to be in every starting squad - and this at a relatively rich time for our Academy products.

It may be if, Dobra and Lankester achieve their current potential, that we are in for a new era of that old D.N.A. but to claim it as any sort of continuous thread is open to debate.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 16:05]

That's a valid point, I just think people throw things like DNA around but what does that really mean and especially what is the Ipswich DNA?
The 5 point plan. on 17:53 - Dec 15 with 655 viewsEwan_Oozami

The 5 point plan. on 16:07 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

Norris - £2m
Civelli - £1m
Leadbitter - £2.65m
Edwards - £1.35m
Martin - £1.5m
Chopra - £1.5m
JET - £1.5m
Huws - £1m
Jackson - £1.6m

And of those, only Carlos displayed enough quality over a long enough period of time to justify his transfer fee....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024