Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert and the injured 00:34 - Dec 16 with 1287 viewsFrimleyBlue

He really doesn't think alot of the current available squad does he.

Tbh apart from bishop and downes I cant say any of the others are that massively missed... Am I missing something?

Norwoods failed to do much
Sears is no better than. Judge
KYV lucky if we get 3 games out of him
Edwards... Depends which one we get
Nolan.. I still fail to see how he's better than McGiven

Am I being overly critical?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lambert and the injured on 00:42 - Dec 16 with 1254 viewsGarv

Our squad isn't all that, no, but some of those you mention are a massive upgrade on some of the current options.

Norwood is our best striker
Edwards scored 5 (I think) goals before getting injured.
Nolan also on 5 goals. While frustrating to watch and not all that creative as such, he does have a nack of getting in the box.

KVY is the only player we've spent money on in the last three windows and looked worth it during his time when fit. Our alternatives are a 34 year old CB and Donacien. I get that it's hard to factor him in because he's been absent for so long, but he's still on the payroll.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 0:45]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert and the injured on 00:43 - Dec 16 with 1248 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We miss Edwards.

Our player of the season so far.
Lambert and the injured on 01:09 - Dec 16 with 1211 viewsMrTown

I don’t think our squad isn’t as good as some may believe, but there are a handful of players that could be in most if not all other team in the league and add to them in my opinion when fully fit; KVY, Bishop, Downes, Edwards, Norwood.

The rest are pretty average League 1 footballers; Nolan, Sears, Wilson etc.

But you need your best players, your match winners, your star individuals, your XI of course falls significantly weaker when you take them out.

But you’ve got to organised, resolute and work with what you have available to the best of their ability to get you through until they return.

Playing Jackson as a RW and Hawkins as a lone striker is not getting the best of the rest available

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert and the injured on 01:17 - Dec 16 with 1199 viewshoppy

Lambert and the injured on 00:43 - Dec 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

We miss Edwards.

Our player of the season so far.

You are bluefish and I claim my £5.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert and the injured on 01:30 - Dec 16 with 1188 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert and the injured on 01:17 - Dec 16 by hoppy

You are bluefish and I claim my £5.

Bluefish......don't take his opinions seriously. He's an attention seeking troll.

He has been praising Emyr Huws and Luke Woolfenden. Sums him up.
Lambert and the injured on 02:27 - Dec 16 with 1148 viewspointofblue

I think the problem with our available squad is it’s a mix of the young, the old and the previously crocked. We have Chambers and Ward who have seen better days, the likes of McGuinness, McGavin, Dobra, Lankester and Bennetts who show promise but their youth leads to inconsistency, and Huws and Judge who, if we’re being kind, have been hit hard by injuries which have prevented them from returning to their peak. Woolfenden and Dozzell have been struggling slightly being seen as a couple of the more experienced members of the side which leaves Hawkins the journeyman and Jackson desperately seeking a supply line.

A fully fit and able KVY grants us pace, Downes offers grit, Bishop flair, Edwards creativity (if played on the left... Lambert), Nolan goals - somehow, Norwood bite... we’re lacking strength and the ability to unlock defences which the missing players have proven to offer us, at least at times.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 2:28]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert and the injured on 03:37 - Dec 16 with 1121 viewsIPS_wich

If we're purely talking about the impact of our injuries then yes you are being overly critical.

Downes (last year's player of the year), Wilson (central to the league's stingiest defence after 10 games this year), Edwards (our current top scorer), Norwood (last year's top scorer) and KVY (our only cash signing under Lambert) immensely improve our starting XI.

If you then factor in what Lambert is doing with those left at his disposal then he's using it as a smokescreen for his inept team selection and coaching.

Holy/Cornell
KVY - Woolfie - Wilson - Ward
Lankester/Bishop - Downes - Dozzell - Edwards
Hawkins - Norwood

That's good enough for Top 2 in this league - despite Lambert's coaching.
Lambert and the injured on 03:45 - Dec 16 with 1111 viewschrismakin

Lambert and the injured on 03:37 - Dec 16 by IPS_wich

If we're purely talking about the impact of our injuries then yes you are being overly critical.

Downes (last year's player of the year), Wilson (central to the league's stingiest defence after 10 games this year), Edwards (our current top scorer), Norwood (last year's top scorer) and KVY (our only cash signing under Lambert) immensely improve our starting XI.

If you then factor in what Lambert is doing with those left at his disposal then he's using it as a smokescreen for his inept team selection and coaching.

Holy/Cornell
KVY - Woolfie - Wilson - Ward
Lankester/Bishop - Downes - Dozzell - Edwards
Hawkins - Norwood

That's good enough for Top 2 in this league - despite Lambert's coaching.

You mention Edwards, Wilson, Norwood etc

They have all been involved in games and lost against sides in the top end of the table, that's our biggest issue, even our better players didn't help us win the important games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert and the injured on 04:59 - Dec 16 with 1086 viewsIPS_wich

Lambert and the injured on 03:45 - Dec 16 by chrismakin

You mention Edwards, Wilson, Norwood etc

They have all been involved in games and lost against sides in the top end of the table, that's our biggest issue, even our better players didn't help us win the important games.

Noting that Edwards, Wilson and Norwood have not appeared together in the same starting line up for months
Lambert and the injured on 05:02 - Dec 16 with 1082 viewschrismakin

Lambert and the injured on 04:59 - Dec 16 by IPS_wich

Noting that Edwards, Wilson and Norwood have not appeared together in the same starting line up for months

And may never see them together in a starting line up again,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lambert and the injured on 07:31 - Dec 16 with 912 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lambert and the injured on 08:40 - Dec 16 with 788 viewsMonkeyAlan

None of them are good enough. Injured or not, they arnt all that, let's be honest. Most are bottlers who are happy to take their big pay cheques, have their fancy homes, fancy cars. They haven't the incentives to play. They have it too cushy. Because the manager is clueless and the owner is a muppet.
Lambert and the injured on 08:49 - Dec 16 with 767 viewshype313

Norwood has plenty more to give if he can get back fit and firing, Sears has his ceiling and he hit it a long time ago, he's your classic having a body available, Edwards was our only real wide outlet so he probably walks back into the team, KVY just isn't worth talking about and Nolan on his day is head and shoulders above this League, problem is, it's one in every 10 games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert and the injured on 10:19 - Dec 16 with 687 viewsusm

Skuse gives us cover for Downes. With neither of them in there we look lightweight in midfield.

Wilson or Chambers provide solid experienced options at CB - KYV being fit would allow Chambers to move over.

Norwood is our best natural goalscorer and our best forward and Edwards was our leading goalscorer whilst Bishop was hitting form and consistency.

Having them and others available should make a huge difference, but I do think PL should be getting more out of what he has available.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024