Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app 14:33 - Dec 17 with 7931 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Should men compliment/chat up women?

The context is an Amazon delivery driver asking a woman he was delivering a parcel to if she's single as she's beautiful.

The majority on there (essentially nosey neighbours with an app) want him strung up, police involved, sacked etc. (during a pandemic, nice!) While I can understand the woman felt intimidated and vulnerable, it'd be a sad world we live in if a guy can't tell a woman he fancies her with a view to a date etc. Are we left with dating apps as the only acceptable way to meet people now?

Hard for me as a man, though, to understand what it's like being harassed by sleazy blokes trying it on. Particularly in an employee/customer situation.

It's a tricky one IMO.

Certainly, years ago, it seemed most couples met through work. I imagine that's massively down now for fear of losing your job at a disciplinary hearing!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:21 - Dec 17 with 508 viewsKeno

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:15 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

Literally the only thing we've learnt from this thread is that we don't have enough information.

But J2 when has that ever stopped posters on TWTD forming deeply entrenched and unmovable opinions??
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 19:41]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:21 - Dec 17 with 507 viewsSpruceMoose

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:19 - Dec 17 by jeera

I've not been taking this seriously I admit.

But you have a point there, it's horrible when someone you find unattractive shows an unhealthy interest in you and gives just a tiny insight for what it must be like for attractive women who get this crap all the time.

My past two next door neighbours have both made too many comments for my liking and I've politely but firmly made it clear I would rather die.

One was a gay man in his 60s, smashing fella but camp as you like and entirely up front about everything.

His replacement is supposedly female, but frankly more of a man than I'll ever be.

It's hardly a compliment!

"My past two next door neighbours have both made too many comments for my liking and I've politely but firmly made it clear I would rather die."

I warned you about trimming the lawn in nothing but a sun hat.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:22 - Dec 17 with 504 viewsJ2BLUE

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:19 - Dec 17 by jeera

I've not been taking this seriously I admit.

But you have a point there, it's horrible when someone you find unattractive shows an unhealthy interest in you and gives just a tiny insight for what it must be like for attractive women who get this crap all the time.

My past two next door neighbours have both made too many comments for my liking and I've politely but firmly made it clear I would rather die.

One was a gay man in his 60s, smashing fella but camp as you like and entirely up front about everything.

His replacement is supposedly female, but frankly more of a man than I'll ever be.

It's hardly a compliment!

Not going to lie, I cracked up at the gay man in his 60s part. I was imagining some middle aged woman and then you posted that twist. Brilliant.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:24 - Dec 17 with 496 viewsjeera

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:21 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

"My past two next door neighbours have both made too many comments for my liking and I've politely but firmly made it clear I would rather die."

I warned you about trimming the lawn in nothing but a sun hat.

Mate, I can assure you, it got to a point I would wait until the rough old sort next door was out before cutting the grass.

Thankfully we don't even acknowledge each other any more, which is a result.

But that's because she had a visitor whose dog crapped on my grass [twice] and I raised my voice a little bit after the second time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:30 - Dec 17 with 485 viewsjeera

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:22 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

Not going to lie, I cracked up at the gay man in his 60s part. I was imagining some middle aged woman and then you posted that twist. Brilliant.

Ha!

He's a top person mate and missed loads around here. Right character and all that. Would take the old girl a few doors down shopping each week, took me to hospital when I couldn't drive for an appointment...

I'm still in touch with him and have been over to see him since he moved; only half hour away.

He was worried about telling me he was gay which was fantastic as it couldn't have been more effing obvious! It took him 6 months and he said he wanted to tell me something.

I nearly fell off my chair at the idea he thought I didn't already know.

It shows that sadly, the man has been judged for much of his life I guess.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:45 - Dec 17 with 454 viewsJ2BLUE

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:30 - Dec 17 by jeera

Ha!

He's a top person mate and missed loads around here. Right character and all that. Would take the old girl a few doors down shopping each week, took me to hospital when I couldn't drive for an appointment...

I'm still in touch with him and have been over to see him since he moved; only half hour away.

He was worried about telling me he was gay which was fantastic as it couldn't have been more effing obvious! It took him 6 months and he said he wanted to tell me something.

I nearly fell off my chair at the idea he thought I didn't already know.

It shows that sadly, the man has been judged for much of his life I guess.

Sounds a nice bloke. Hope he's doing well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 21:01 - Dec 17 with 417 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:45 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

Sounds a nice bloke. Hope he's doing well.

Yeah not bad, thanks.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 21:03 - Dec 17 with 411 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:15 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

Literally the only thing we've learnt from this thread is that we don't have enough information.

The intention of the thread was to spark a debate about whether men could or couldn't chat up women these days. I didn't expect everyone to take the situation quite so literal!

Login to get fewer ads

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 21:04 - Dec 17 with 409 viewsjeera

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 21:03 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

The intention of the thread was to spark a debate about whether men could or couldn't chat up women these days. I didn't expect everyone to take the situation quite so literal!

Are you new here?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 21:04 - Dec 17 with 408 viewsEdwardF

But 'when you're in love with a beautiful woman, it's hard'

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 22:19 - Dec 17 with 383 viewsRyorry

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 17:45 - Dec 17 by Dyland

That is entirely the issue imo.

Spot on.

It's one thing on neutral territory somewhere, many women (myself included) would not* be at all averse to that (depends on the bloke, obvs) - but on your own doorstep it's a massive no-no. They literally know where you live, and if you *are* currently single, that's potentially quite scary.

*I'd left "not" out pre-edit, doh! - J2 isn't the only one struggling with double negatives tonight
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 22:39]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 22:23 - Dec 17 with 375 viewsReuser_is_God

I dunno, is she fit?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 22:25 - Dec 17 with 374 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This reminds me of the story of a bloke in our neighbourhood actually Dolly. Although to be fair he went abit further than trying to chat the bird up. After seven years of medical training and hard work, he was eventually sacked because of this one small mistake. He slept with one of his patients and now can no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 22:28 - Dec 17 with 365 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 22:25 - Dec 17 by The_Romford_Blue

This reminds me of the story of a bloke in our neighbourhood actually Dolly. Although to be fair he went abit further than trying to chat the bird up. After seven years of medical training and hard work, he was eventually sacked because of this one small mistake. He slept with one of his patients and now can no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.

LOL, good one Rommers. I had already heard it, but well played anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024