Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app 14:33 - Dec 17 with 7932 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Should men compliment/chat up women?

The context is an Amazon delivery driver asking a woman he was delivering a parcel to if she's single as she's beautiful.

The majority on there (essentially nosey neighbours with an app) want him strung up, police involved, sacked etc. (during a pandemic, nice!) While I can understand the woman felt intimidated and vulnerable, it'd be a sad world we live in if a guy can't tell a woman he fancies her with a view to a date etc. Are we left with dating apps as the only acceptable way to meet people now?

Hard for me as a man, though, to understand what it's like being harassed by sleazy blokes trying it on. Particularly in an employee/customer situation.

It's a tricky one IMO.

Certainly, years ago, it seemed most couples met through work. I imagine that's massively down now for fear of losing your job at a disciplinary hearing!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:37 - Dec 17 with 1443 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:25 - Dec 17 by hoppy

You can't trust the adverts...

So which side of the fence did you fall on - were your housemates very giggly?

Can't talk now, have spuds to peel.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:37 - Dec 17 with 1443 viewsKeno

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 17:31 - Dec 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

Absolutely

What's her TWTD username?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:40 - Dec 17 with 1439 viewsfooters

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:30 - Dec 17 by jeera

Yes, cos none of us have ever fancied our chances with a barmaid after a few drinks have we!

There's one I'm still dreaming about to this day. Sigh.

But in my uni dayz, my then missus was a barmaid and fck me, whenever I used to go and pick her up after work there were still blokes trying to crack on when she was clearing up. Clearly they were drunk or they'd have better taste. But it annoyed this correspondent anyhow.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 18:40]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:42 - Dec 17 with 1427 viewsDubtractor

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:36 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Wow. I think that says more about the area you live in. Ours is mostly lost cats, petty complaints about roadworks and the police reporting on crime. The police are quite amusing on ours actually, saying things like "we apprehended a couple of ne' de wells."

Yeah, but you live in that trendy London don't you?

I live in Ipswich, a place that recently elected Tom fookin Hunt. I live in quite a nice part of town too.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 18:45]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:44 - Dec 17 with 1420 viewsjeera

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:40 - Dec 17 by footers

There's one I'm still dreaming about to this day. Sigh.

But in my uni dayz, my then missus was a barmaid and fck me, whenever I used to go and pick her up after work there were still blokes trying to crack on when she was clearing up. Clearly they were drunk or they'd have better taste. But it annoyed this correspondent anyhow.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 18:40]

Oh don't get me wrong, none of us like seeing drunk blokes trying to chat up barmaids.

It looks sleazy when other people do it, almost every time without exception.

Except when we've done it ourselves, it's a completely different thing altogether!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:45 - Dec 17 with 1414 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:37 - Dec 17 by Keno

What's her TWTD username?

Baberghtaughtcheeks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:46 - Dec 17 with 1414 viewsfooters

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:44 - Dec 17 by jeera

Oh don't get me wrong, none of us like seeing drunk blokes trying to chat up barmaids.

It looks sleazy when other people do it, almost every time without exception.

Except when we've done it ourselves, it's a completely different thing altogether!

She loved me, jeera. She really did.

I could tell from her frosty look and blunt answers.

Such a tease.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:52 - Dec 17 with 1391 viewsDarth_Koont

I haven’t read the rest of the thread but wanted to give my first reaction.

Yeah, I think it’s dodgy. There are ways of showing a woman that you are attracted (basically a bit of flirting) but going direct so early on a woman’s doorstep where she lives seems too far.

If she was flirting back then maybe ... but still that’s the point you’d have to get to. And even then I’d say you can ask the same question without actually asking the question.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:54 - Dec 17 with 1377 viewsSpruceMoose

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:46 - Dec 17 by footers

She loved me, jeera. She really did.

I could tell from her frosty look and blunt answers.

Such a tease.

When she pulled out the bear repellant and sprayed it in your eyes... that's when you knew it was love.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:55 - Dec 17 with 1371 viewsfooters

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:54 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

When she pulled out the bear repellant and sprayed it in your eyes... that's when you knew it was love.

And I'd only asked for a pint of Broadside.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:59 - Dec 17 with 1356 viewsKeno

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:45 - Dec 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

Baberghtaughtcheeks.

my money was on it being J2

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:01 - Dec 17 with 1355 viewsJ2BLUE

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:52 - Dec 17 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, I think it’s dodgy. There are ways of showing a woman that you are attracted (basically a bit of flirting) but going direct so early on a woman’s doorstep where she lives seems too far.

If she was flirting back then maybe ... but still that’s the point you’d have to get to. And even then I’d say you can ask the same question without actually asking the question.

When I worked in retail one woman took an unhealthy interest in me. I wouldn't have minded but she looked like one of the orcs out of Lord of the Rings.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:02 - Dec 17 with 1345 viewsPlums

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:20 - Dec 17 by Dubtractor

As an aside to this thread, I recently created an account on Nextdoor for our local area, and after 2 weeks deleted it. Such a hate filled platform - like all of the racists and xenophobes and narrow minded people from facebook news comments have gathered in one place.

My mum told me she was on it after we’d had one of their creepy intro letters through the door, purporting to be ‘from’ a neighbour. A five minute search of its history and I was certain it was a platform I didn’t want anything to do with.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:02 - Dec 17 with 1345 viewsSpruceMoose

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:01 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

When I worked in retail one woman took an unhealthy interest in me. I wouldn't have minded but she looked like one of the orcs out of Lord of the Rings.

You should have gone for it J2! Even if you thought she was out of your league she might have taken pity on you!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:03 - Dec 17 with 1343 viewsSeablu

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:54 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

Reminds me of that appalling old joke.
‘Why do I cry whenever I’m having sex with a gorgeous woman?’
‘That’s the pepper spray, dude’
Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:04 - Dec 17 with 1341 viewsKeno

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:07 - Dec 17 with 1330 viewsJ2BLUE

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:02 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

You should have gone for it J2! Even if you thought she was out of your league she might have taken pity on you!

There wasn't enough alcohol in the world at the time.

Some of the women were hit on relentlessly. One was told by some man that he was going to marry her one day. *cringe*

Truly impaired.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:11 - Dec 17 with 1316 viewsSeablu

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:04 - Dec 17 by Keno

‘I haven’t stroked my pussy for days Captain Peacock...I don’t know where he’s got to’
Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:12 - Dec 17 with 1314 viewsSpruceMoose

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:07 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

There wasn't enough alcohol in the world at the time.

Some of the women were hit on relentlessly. One was told by some man that he was going to marry her one day. *cringe*

I was reading an account the other day of a waitress over here who was asked by a male customer to remove her mask because he wanted to see how pretty she was. She did it because she felt so put on the spot.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:12 - Dec 17 with 1307 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 18:52 - Dec 17 by Darth_Koont

I think you agree with me that it's not cut and dried. We've only heard one side. I think it's an area where you'd need to be careful, and respectful, it's just the talk of sacking and/or police I thought a bit OTT. I don't know what their exchanges beforehand were, and that would make a huge difference.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:14 - Dec 17 with 1299 viewsjeera

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:12 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you agree with me that it's not cut and dried. We've only heard one side. I think it's an area where you'd need to be careful, and respectful, it's just the talk of sacking and/or police I thought a bit OTT. I don't know what their exchanges beforehand were, and that would make a huge difference.

What if she had been flirting and this is just a cover because her husband got an inkling!

I think there's a hint of married men on here feeling a bit insecure to be honest!!

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:15 - Dec 17 with 1295 viewsm14_blue

Which one?

Are we talking Uruk or bog standard Mordor?
Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:15 - Dec 17 with 1293 viewsJ2BLUE

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:12 - Dec 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Literally the only thing we've learnt from this thread is that we don't have enough information.

Truly impaired.

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:16 - Dec 17 with 1288 viewsKeno

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:14 - Dec 17 by jeera

What if she had been flirting and this is just a cover because her husband got an inkling!

I think there's a hint of married men on here feeling a bit insecure to be honest!!

what is she had answered the door with just a towel wrapped round her and asked the unsuspecting amazon driver if he needed to 'relief himself'

Big debate raging on our local Nextdoor app on 19:19 - Dec 17 with 1285 viewsjeera

I've not been taking this seriously I admit.

But you have a point there, it's horrible when someone you find unattractive shows an unhealthy interest in you and gives just a tiny insight for what it must be like for attractive women who get this crap all the time.

My past two next door neighbours have both made too many comments for my liking and I've politely but firmly made it clear I would rather die.

One was a gay man in his 60s, smashing fella but camp as you like and entirely up front about everything.

His replacement is supposedly female, but frankly more of a man than I'll ever be.

It's hardly a compliment!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024