Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone answer this for me please 02:52 - Dec 15 with 5518 viewsMrTown

RE: Salary Cap.

When we have a load of players expired contracts on over paid pros in the summer, and are replaced with more average L1 players, just on less money due to salary cap. Will Evans be losing any more money per annum in this division than he would in the Championship when the wage bill reduces?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Someone answer this for me please on 03:50 - Dec 15 with 4457 viewsstiff_talking

Depends if annual tickets sales remain at current levels, and salary cap also remains in current format for long enough period of time.

Our Championship Wage bill was 18m on average in 2019 but I have read reports that it is in 20m range now.

When we dropped to League One, ITFC Wage bill was cut to about 8 or 10m (due to convenient player contracts stipulations - the drop was heavily factored in as a real possibility ahead of time )

It will become 2.5m capped once all current contracts expire (many up this summer)

Don’t forget the youth team also costs 2.5m annually.

Evans previously have put in 5m per year based upon accounts or sold out best players to avoid putting in anything. This was based upon a player budget of 18m.

Given above he should turn a healthy profit in league one once salary cap becomes a reality and annual ticket sales remain close to where they are.

Keeping Lambert in charge will guarantee league one status !
Someone answer this for me please on 04:20 - Dec 15 with 4436 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Someone answer this for me please on 03:50 - Dec 15 by stiff_talking

Depends if annual tickets sales remain at current levels, and salary cap also remains in current format for long enough period of time.

Our Championship Wage bill was 18m on average in 2019 but I have read reports that it is in 20m range now.

When we dropped to League One, ITFC Wage bill was cut to about 8 or 10m (due to convenient player contracts stipulations - the drop was heavily factored in as a real possibility ahead of time )

It will become 2.5m capped once all current contracts expire (many up this summer)

Evans previously have put in 5m per year based upon accounts or sold out best players to avoid putting in anything. This was based upon a player budget of 18m.

Given above he should turn a healthy profit in league one once salary cap becomes a reality and annual ticket sales remain close to where they are.

Any idea which players contracts are up in the Summer?
Someone answer this for me please on 04:48 - Dec 15 with 4425 viewsMrTown

Someone answer this for me please on 04:20 - Dec 15 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

I’m not sure, but have seen others give out lists, think it’s along lines of Chambers, Ward, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Skuse, Huws, Judge, Bishop, Nydam, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan.

Then think some of the kids as well like Wright, Morris, Folami, Brown and so on

Not sure on that but a long them lines I think

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Someone answer this for me please on 04:50 - Dec 15 with 4418 viewsstiff_talking

Someone answer this for me please on 04:48 - Dec 15 by MrTown

I’m not sure, but have seen others give out lists, think it’s along lines of Chambers, Ward, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Skuse, Huws, Judge, Bishop, Nydam, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan.

Then think some of the kids as well like Wright, Morris, Folami, Brown and so on

Not sure on that but a long them lines I think

17 player contracts were up

But Dozzell and Droba are fixed
Someone answer this for me please on 07:07 - Dec 15 with 4331 viewsTangledupin_Blue

...whereas, if we'd kept Hurst we would have dropped to League 2.

Thank goodness we brought in Mr Lambert to arrest the slide.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Someone answer this for me please on 07:25 - Dec 15 with 4291 viewsArnieM

Someone answer this for me please on 04:20 - Dec 15 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Source EADT a week ago.

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Donacien*, Chambers, Ward, Huws, Judge*, Wilson*, Sears*, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala*, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Wright, Skuse*, Edwards, Drinan, Przybek*, Folami*, Morris*, Cotter, Clements*, Gibbs*, Andoh*, Z.Brown*, K.Brown*, Hughes*

Downes*, Norwood*, Lankester*, Kenlock*, Ndaba*, Crowe*, Smith*, Simpson*, Crane*, Holy, Nolan, Cornell*, Hawkins*, McGavin*, Chirewa*

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

* players who the Club have an option on

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Someone answer this for me please on 08:18 - Dec 15 with 4184 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Someone answer this for me please on 07:25 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Source EADT a week ago.

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Donacien*, Chambers, Ward, Huws, Judge*, Wilson*, Sears*, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala*, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Wright, Skuse*, Edwards, Drinan, Przybek*, Folami*, Morris*, Cotter, Clements*, Gibbs*, Andoh*, Z.Brown*, K.Brown*, Hughes*

Downes*, Norwood*, Lankester*, Kenlock*, Ndaba*, Crowe*, Smith*, Simpson*, Crane*, Holy, Nolan, Cornell*, Hawkins*, McGavin*, Chirewa*

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

You'd imagine all those options would be taken up, just to give us extra time. Donacien for example, doesn't play but can we get someone else in for the same amount? Maybe. Probably don't take Wilson up.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Someone answer this for me please on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 4103 viewsPinewoodblue

Someone answer this for me please on 08:18 - Dec 15 by JammyDodgerrr

You'd imagine all those options would be taken up, just to give us extra time. Donacien for example, doesn't play but can we get someone else in for the same amount? Maybe. Probably don't take Wilson up.

The options will be on current salary, a salary that in many cases we wouldn’t be able to afford in Div1.

We might offer some a new 12 month contract , with option for another year, but on a lower salary. Wasn’t that what was done with Cole Skuse?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Someone answer this for me please on 09:24 - Dec 15 with 4080 viewsclive_baker

Source EADT a week ago.

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

Good opportunity to shake the squad up at the end of the season, out with the old. With regards to the contracts up in the summer:

Release:

Donacien
Ward
Chambers
Huws
Judge
Wilson
Sears
Nsiala
Skuse
Cotter

Take options on:

Jackson
Bishop
El Mizouni
Nydam

New contracts:

Edwards

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Someone answer this for me please on 09:50 - Dec 15 with 4050 viewsjayessess

I don't really understand this particular conspiracy theory. In League One the club makes less money than in the Championship. Beyond that, the budget is entirely at Evans' discretion. There's no rational reason why he'd deliberately contrive to reduce our revenues.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Someone answer this for me please on 09:57 - Dec 15 with 4038 viewsDinnernotTea

Someone answer this for me please on 09:50 - Dec 15 by jayessess

I don't really understand this particular conspiracy theory. In League One the club makes less money than in the Championship. Beyond that, the budget is entirely at Evans' discretion. There's no rational reason why he'd deliberately contrive to reduce our revenues.

Would you rather pay your staff a combined £18m or £2.5m?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Someone answer this for me please on 10:02 - Dec 15 with 4021 viewsjayessess

Someone answer this for me please on 09:57 - Dec 15 by DinnernotTea

Would you rather pay your staff a combined £18m or £2.5m?

Evans isn't required to hit either cap. He could set a budget of £10m in the Championship if he wanted and take home £10m profit?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 10:02]

Someone answer this for me please on 10:14 - Dec 15 with 3983 viewsjamesitfc

Someone answer this for me please on 10:02 - Dec 15 by jayessess

Evans isn't required to hit either cap. He could set a budget of £10m in the Championship if he wanted and take home £10m profit?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 10:02]

But the fans would cry and wail about how we're not spending enough!+ also we'd almost certainly get immediately relegated.
Someone answer this for me please on 10:55 - Dec 15 with 3945 viewsjayessess

Someone answer this for me please on 10:14 - Dec 15 by jamesitfc

But the fans would cry and wail about how we're not spending enough!+ also we'd almost certainly get immediately relegated.

The fans are crying and wailing about being in League One!

And surely you can see the contradiction in the idea that Evans would be worried about getting promoted from League One because we might subsequently get relegated to League One!

Someone answer this for me please on 12:25 - Dec 15 with 3845 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Source EADT a week ago.

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

Following will leave in June.

Donacien,
Chambers, (Move to non playing staff),
Ward,
Huws,
Judge,
Nsiala,
Wright,
Skuse,
Przybek,
Folami,
Cotter,
Clements,
Andoh,
Z.Brown,
K.Brown,
Hughes

Options taken up on -

Sears,
Jackson (Unless sold in Jan)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Morris
Gibbs

New Contracts -

Edwards,
Drinan

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Someone answer this for me please on 14:30 - Dec 15 with 3710 viewsjamesitfc

Someone answer this for me please on 10:55 - Dec 15 by jayessess

The fans are crying and wailing about being in League One!

And surely you can see the contradiction in the idea that Evans would be worried about getting promoted from League One because we might subsequently get relegated to League One!

I think he may be financially worried - as he may well lose more money long term being in the champ because of the L1 salary cap.

This is also why the system is so broken and a without proper implementation across all tiers of the pyramid - it makes a mockery of the whole system.

What kind of system is football if you can get promoted but actually because of the disparity of finances between the levels - you need to spend 5 times the amount to be competitive.
And then spending that much is actually a financial punishment as the owner is making bigger losses than being in the league below!
Someone answer this for me please on 14:35 - Dec 15 with 3699 viewsRadlett_blue

Someone answer this for me please on 12:25 - Dec 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

Following will leave in June.

Donacien,
Chambers, (Move to non playing staff),
Ward,
Huws,
Judge,
Nsiala,
Wright,
Skuse,
Przybek,
Folami,
Cotter,
Clements,
Andoh,
Z.Brown,
K.Brown,
Hughes

Options taken up on -

Sears,
Jackson (Unless sold in Jan)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Morris
Gibbs

New Contracts -

Edwards,
Drinan

I don't think I'll be sorry to see most of the out of contract players go. I would also not take up an option on Sears.
This will be a huge clear out & a chance for a new manager to re-shape the team to his requirements. Huge problem is that this will be within a very small budget so he'd better be a good manager.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Someone answer this for me please on 14:43 - Dec 15 with 3676 viewsjayessess

Someone answer this for me please on 14:30 - Dec 15 by jamesitfc

I think he may be financially worried - as he may well lose more money long term being in the champ because of the L1 salary cap.

This is also why the system is so broken and a without proper implementation across all tiers of the pyramid - it makes a mockery of the whole system.

What kind of system is football if you can get promoted but actually because of the disparity of finances between the levels - you need to spend 5 times the amount to be competitive.
And then spending that much is actually a financial punishment as the owner is making bigger losses than being in the league below!

Evans can set the budget for wages at his discretion. He's not bound by some iron law whereby our budget must be competitive for the division we are in.

The idea that he stands to gain financially from deliberately keeping us in League One with lower revenues is completely irrational.

I don't really get why we need all these wacko conspiracy theories about Evans' intentions. He's not deliberately running us down or keeping us in League One for profits or trying to sell our best players for peanuts or running us as a tax write off or any other secret scheme, he's just useless at running a football club.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 14:46]

Someone answer this for me please on 14:54 - Dec 15 with 3632 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Someone answer this for me please on 14:35 - Dec 15 by Radlett_blue

I don't think I'll be sorry to see most of the out of contract players go. I would also not take up an option on Sears.
This will be a huge clear out & a chance for a new manager to re-shape the team to his requirements. Huge problem is that this will be within a very small budget so he'd better be a good manager.

And there is the rub. 'Good' managers are in demand. Why would such a manager come to a L1 club with a limited budget knowing that, before long, he and his players will be subjected to dogs' abuse from the club's over-entitled supporters?

Someone answer this for me please on 14:58 - Dec 15 with 3614 viewsjayessess

Someone answer this for me please on 14:54 - Dec 15 by Tangledupin_Blue

And there is the rub. 'Good' managers are in demand. Why would such a manager come to a L1 club with a limited budget knowing that, before long, he and his players will be subjected to dogs' abuse from the club's over-entitled supporters?

Our current manager got cheered after an embarrassing relegation, then still kept his job after posting our lowest league finish since 1953.

Someone answer this for me please on 16:04 - Dec 15 with 3539 viewsRadlett_blue

Finding a "good" manager can be a lottery. I bet Sheffield United fans weren't over-excited about the appointment of Chris Wilder, even though he'd done pretty well at Oxford Utd & Northampton. This may be in Evans's favour, but his strategy of picking managers with track records of getting clubs into the Premier League has been disastrous. When he went off piste with the "up & coming" lower league manager, he found even more of a dud.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Someone answer this for me please on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 3475 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Someone answer this for me please on 16:04 - Dec 15 by Radlett_blue

Finding a "good" manager can be a lottery. I bet Sheffield United fans weren't over-excited about the appointment of Chris Wilder, even though he'd done pretty well at Oxford Utd & Northampton. This may be in Evans's favour, but his strategy of picking managers with track records of getting clubs into the Premier League has been disastrous. When he went off piste with the "up & coming" lower league manager, he found even more of a dud.

You may not agree with all of Evans's choices as manager but they all seemed like reasonable choices at the time.

The one vital ingredient this club has lacked throughout his period as owner is luck.

Was it Napoleon who said "give me lucky generals"? Well we could do with a lucky manager!

Edit... "I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones". (Napoleon, later paraphrased by Eisenhower)
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 18:36]

Someone answer this for me please on 18:56 - Dec 15 with 3400 viewsBent_double

Any football manager, or player to some extent, knows that they will be subjected to abuse from home fans at some point, if they don't know that, or can't take it, they really shouldn't be in football management.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Someone answer this for me please on 19:48 - Dec 15 with 3361 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Someone answer this for me please (n/t) on 19:50 - Dec 15 with 3357 viewsBryanPlug

Someone answer this for me please on 09:50 - Dec 15 by jayessess

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024