Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcgiven 22:48 - Jan 9 with 3223 viewschrismakin

Surely he can slot in to the huws position. Dozzell to take the judge role floating behind the frontline

Hate seeing andre wasted

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mcgiven on 22:51 - Jan 9 with 2843 viewspistonbroke

Why would you drop judge , the basics of football require you to score more goals than the opposition to win a game , at least judge can score
Mcgiven on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 2798 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mcgiven on 22:51 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

Why would you drop judge , the basics of football require you to score more goals than the opposition to win a game , at least judge can score

He’s scored 5 goals in 72 games for us

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mcgiven on 23:04 - Jan 9 with 2780 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 22:58 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s scored 5 goals in 72 games for us

Which compared to our other midfielders such as Dozzell Downes McGiven huws dobra is a lot better
Mcgiven on 23:14 - Jan 9 with 2744 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mcgiven on 23:04 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

Which compared to our other midfielders such as Dozzell Downes McGiven huws dobra is a lot better

Actually it’s not. Huws has 5 in 55 and Dobra has 2 in 16 - both a better strike rate. Dozzell has 3 in 67 however a large number of those appearances are as a sub so I’d wager he’s probably scored more regularly than Judge on a per minute basis

Even Downes isn’t far off with 3 in a similar number of games - and he’s played a lot of his time in a defensive mid role. McGavin I will give you

Mcgiven on 23:14 - Jan 9 with 2744 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mcgiven on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 2700 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 23:14 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually it’s not. Huws has 5 in 55 and Dobra has 2 in 16 - both a better strike rate. Dozzell has 3 in 67 however a large number of those appearances are as a sub so I’d wager he’s probably scored more regularly than Judge on a per minute basis

Even Downes isn’t far off with 3 in a similar number of games - and he’s played a lot of his time in a defensive mid role. McGavin I will give you

Yeah huws has 5 , most when he first come here and looked good before his injury , dobra for all the hype because he has come through the ranks has offered nothing , equally Dozzell , yeah his passing looks good at times , other times like tonight was wayward , for all the potential he is meant to have , he should be offering more , Downes has had more cards than goals or assists , massively overrated by some on here , I ,ll forgive mcgiven as he has not really played enough , judge at the moment wether you like him or not , is out best chance of a goal or assist from midfield
Mcgiven on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 2674 viewschrismakin

Mcgiven on 23:23 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

Yeah huws has 5 , most when he first come here and looked good before his injury , dobra for all the hype because he has come through the ranks has offered nothing , equally Dozzell , yeah his passing looks good at times , other times like tonight was wayward , for all the potential he is meant to have , he should be offering more , Downes has had more cards than goals or assists , massively overrated by some on here , I ,ll forgive mcgiven as he has not really played enough , judge at the moment wether you like him or not , is out best chance of a goal or assist from midfield

Look Paul. We thank you for your efforts but please leave.

Thanks for popping onto twtd though

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Mcgiven on 23:40 - Jan 9 with 2658 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 23:36 - Jan 9 by chrismakin

Look Paul. We thank you for your efforts but please leave.

Thanks for popping onto twtd though

And your point is?
Login to get fewer ads

Mcgiven on 23:41 - Jan 9 with 2649 viewsHerbivore

Mcgiven on 23:04 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

All of the players you list play much deeper than Judge and offer more to the team in other ways. And as has been pointed out some of them have still scored more goals on a goals to minutes ratio than Judge. He's garbage.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mcgiven on 23:43 - Jan 9 with 2651 viewsWicklowBlue

McGiven??? Well yes I remember the 10 behind the ball and being beaten senseless.
Mcgiven on 23:47 - Jan 9 with 2635 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 23:41 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

All of the players you list play much deeper than Judge and offer more to the team in other ways. And as has been pointed out some of them have still scored more goals on a goals to minutes ratio than Judge. He's garbage.

Offer more to the team lol in what way , I’ve seen you say on here loads of times , with our players we should be top 2 or 3 , please say what players we have that would be in a top 2 or 3 in this league , I’m intrigued
Mcgiven on 23:49 - Jan 9 with 2616 viewsHerbivore

Mcgiven on 23:47 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

Offer more to the team lol in what way , I’ve seen you say on here loads of times , with our players we should be top 2 or 3 , please say what players we have that would be in a top 2 or 3 in this league , I’m intrigued

I think you're drunk again.

Mcgiven on 23:53 - Jan 9 with 2606 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 23:49 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

I think you're drunk again.

No not at all , so come on who are these players we have that in your opinion should make us promotion material
Mcgiven on 00:10 - Jan 10 with 2549 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 23:53 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

No not at all , so come on who are these players we have that in your opinion should make us promotion material

You seem to of gone quiet herbi
Ok let’s go through position by position
Goalie Nope
Full backs nope , you could say kvy but has not played enough games at this level
Midfield ,, erm maybe bishop , but that’s only if he can play more than 2 thirds of a season
Forwards , maybe Norwood , no one else
So who are these players we have got that means we should be automatic promotion material
Mcgiven on 00:12 - Jan 10 with 2542 viewschrismakin

Holy
Chambers Woolfy mcguiness
Donacien Downes ward
Dozzell Mcgiven
Jackson Norwood

Personally think this needs to be given a go 3-5-2

Mcgiven on 00:18 - Jan 10 with 2525 viewspistonbroke

Mcgiven on 00:12 - Jan 10 by chrismakin

Holy
Chambers Woolfy mcguiness
Donacien Downes ward
Dozzell Mcgiven
Jackson Norwood

Personally think this needs to be given a go 3-5-2

Chambers should be back at center back , but with Wilson when he is fit , woolfie and the arsenal youngster are awful
Downes is a red card waiting to happen , nearly again today
Norwood and Jackson at top in a 2 yep
That’s it
Mcgiven on 00:26 - Jan 10 with 2498 viewsRocky

Please stop calling McGavin McGivern.
It's not that difficult a name.
Mcgiven on 01:11 - Jan 10 with 2443 viewscatch74

I reckon there’s nearly two teams at the club that could be challenging top 3 in this league. If a manager with clear ideas, passion, desire came in. You can’t believe in someone who calls a player a mere baby and then starts him in three of the next five games (or something like that), says we’re useless with 2 up top. Someone who goes from chopping and changing formations one season to pig-headedly sticking with one system the next.
Surely if he loses to Burton that’s curtains.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Mcgiven on 01:36 - Jan 10 with 2418 viewsKropotkin123

Mcgiven on 23:14 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Regarding Dozzell, he's also been playing from a much deeper role, which naturally brings less opportunities to score.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mcgiven on 01:54 - Jan 10 with 2405 viewsDublinBlue84

Yep, if it's not already depressing enough, lets bring Mick McGiven's boring 10 men behind the ball football back.

Christ.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Mcgiven on 02:12 - Jan 10 with 2395 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mcgiven on 01:36 - Jan 10 by Kropotkin123

Regarding Dozzell, he's also been playing from a much deeper role, which naturally brings less opportunities to score.

Well yes, quite

I mean I could have just replied that comparing the goalscoring records of players playing different roles was daft, but I thought pointing out the fact that some of those players still had a better record was too good to pass up!

Mcgiven on 02:26 - Jan 10 with 2381 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mcgiven on 01:36 - Jan 10 by Kropotkin123

He was still hopeless on Saturday. How many times has he given possession away? Countless times.
Mcgiven on 09:08 - Jan 10 with 2251 viewsGuthrum

Mcgiven on 23:23 - Jan 9 by pistonbroke

Then compare him with genuine attacking midfield players like Bishop (4 in 12 in the League this season) or Edwards (5 in 11). Judge's main virtue is that he's not injured.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mcgiven on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 2226 viewsGlasgowBlue

Judge was one if the few players who offered anything yesterday. And he’s been decent for a few games now. Seems to have turned a corner after being poor all season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mcgiven on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 2224 viewsHerbivore

Mcgiven on 00:10 - Jan 10 by pistonbroke

You seem to of gone quiet herbi
Ok let’s go through position by position
Goalie Nope
Full backs nope , you could say kvy but has not played enough games at this level
Midfield ,, erm maybe bishop , but that’s only if he can play more than 2 thirds of a season
Forwards , maybe Norwood , no one else
So who are these players we have got that means we should be automatic promotion material

Pretty much the entire squad, mate. That you think only Bishop and possibly Norwood are good enough for a side challenging for automatic promotion from the third division is laughable stuff. Lincoln are challenging for automatic promotion and I doubt you've even heard of lore than a couple of their players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024