Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert under pressure... 18:45 - Jan 11 with 4896 viewsKieran_Knows

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-lambert-faces-dressing-room-mutiny-

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lambert under pressure... on 20:57 - Jan 11 with 933 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert under pressure... on 20:18 - Jan 11 by Blue_Order

Erm... we’re a pretty big deal now, mate.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 20:18]

I'm a big fan, just wasn't sure how far your legend had grown!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert under pressure... on 21:17 - Jan 11 with 889 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert under pressure... on 20:36 - Jan 11 by MrTown

They probably are baseless, always nice to have a brief moment of happiness in what otherwise is a miserable existence following Town.

What I will say, we talk there about the capability to move players on and move in, but any new manager would have to be well aware on the constraints we have in the market.

We struggle to move players on because under contract players are on far too much money for their ability at this level, so difficult for others to take them. We also have to look at the salary cap now.

Immune as M.E. has seemed to be, repeated reports like this must eventually filter through to create some sort of impression. If these reports are indeed baseless it only requires for said senior pros to come out and say so. Their continued silence would tell a tale.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert under pressure... on 21:46 - Jan 11 with 808 viewsBlue_Order

Lambert under pressure... on 20:57 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

I'm a big fan, just wasn't sure how far your legend had grown!

I was only joking mate. I agree with ye 👍
Lambert under pressure... on 23:15 - Jan 11 with 649 viewsJimmy86

Lambert under pressure... on 20:16 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

Oh come on, we've all worked for utterly hopeless, useless t0ssers. Even the most motivated of people give up after a while.

I guess I've been quite lucky, in the fact I've worked for some pretty decent bosses to be fair... I have never felt the need to down tools, says more about yourself in that situation in my eyes
Lambert under pressure... on 08:05 - Jan 12 with 529 viewsgordon

You'd have to ask serious questions about the dressing room if it wasn't feeling at least a little bit mutinous about the absolute state of our manager.
Lambert under pressure... on 08:11 - Jan 12 with 521 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anything other than 3 point Saturday and that's got to be it ....RIGHT ?

How long does this go on for seriously ?

Inept he might be as a football club owner but he's very proficient at managing the books or so it seems so surely he must have the vision to surely understand the longer this goes on the harsher the long term damage .We're not talking papering over the cracks once PL has gone , we're talking a major rebuilding initiative again with the fans

If we lose Saturday surely it's got to be another round of emails etc to the club from the fanbase

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lambert under pressure... on 08:11 - Jan 12 with 521 viewsHerbivore

Lambert under pressure... on 20:05 - Jan 11 by Jimmy86

Who are considered as senior players? Chambo, Ward, Norwood, Sears, Edwards, Judge... don't think you can call Woolfenden a senior player just yet...

The players do still have a lot to answer for, as they're good enough... Players downing tools and getting managers sacked doesn't sit well with me, but guess it easier to replace a manager, instead of the players...

The players haven't downed tools, they just look like they have absolutely no idea what they're doing. The interview with Woolf didn't look like a player who doesn't care, it looks like a player who is at the end of his tether.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert under pressure... on 08:16 - Jan 12 with 512 viewsDanTheMan

Lambert under pressure... on 08:11 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

The players haven't downed tools, they just look like they have absolutely no idea what they're doing. The interview with Woolf didn't look like a player who doesn't care, it looks like a player who is at the end of his tether.

This.

I think it's very easy when we're not doing well to lean on the "players don't care" cliché but I've not seen them stop shouting at each other, stop pressing and running etc. during games.

As you say, Woolf's interview was actually quite hard to watch given how upset he seemed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert under pressure... on 08:22 - Jan 12 with 491 viewsHerbivore

Lambert under pressure... on 08:16 - Jan 12 by DanTheMan

This.

I think it's very easy when we're not doing well to lean on the "players don't care" cliché but I've not seen them stop shouting at each other, stop pressing and running etc. during games.

As you say, Woolf's interview was actually quite hard to watch given how upset he seemed.

Indeed. I don't see a lack of effort, I see a lack of even getting the basics right at times and lacking any kind of cohesion the rest of the time. That all comes from poor coaching and management, not a lack of putting a shift in. People can trot out the other cliche that it's on the players once they cross that white line, but in literally every game we've played over the last 18 months - even those we've managed to win - the opposition has looked better drilled and better organised than us. That's not down to players not taking responsibility, that's down to poor coaching and management.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert under pressure... on 08:25 - Jan 12 with 484 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lambert under pressure... on 08:22 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Indeed. I don't see a lack of effort, I see a lack of even getting the basics right at times and lacking any kind of cohesion the rest of the time. That all comes from poor coaching and management, not a lack of putting a shift in. People can trot out the other cliche that it's on the players once they cross that white line, but in literally every game we've played over the last 18 months - even those we've managed to win - the opposition has looked better drilled and better organised than us. That's not down to players not taking responsibility, that's down to poor coaching and management.

This just sums it up perfectly ...nothing else to add

"even those we've managed to win - the opposition has looked better drilled and better organised than us"

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lambert under pressure... on 08:37 - Jan 12 with 431 viewsGodBlue

Lambert under pressure... on 08:22 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Yep, exactly. It’s been clear for a long while that Lambert’s leadership is simply not up to any kind of standard.

You can spot a demotivated team, of footballers or otherwise, from a mile off! Ponderous work ethic, lack of commitment, in-fighting etc.

And I struggle to blame them! Lambert’s football has little purpose or direction, so it must be tough to get motivated for.

On top of that, his contradictory messages to the press must impact them as much as anything. The kids aren’t kids... leave the kids alone...if they want to be grown ups they need to act like it... they’re only kids etc etc.

That kind of thing is only to disguise his own shortcomings. He clearly doesn’t give a stuff about the kids, or anyone else! And self serving leaders are totally missing the point!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024