Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still More Brexit Chaos 19:36 - Jan 20 with 3264 viewsBasuco

All part of the wonder deal negotiated by Boris Johnson.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55735980
But at least it is happy sovereign British rotten pork.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:37]
Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:08 - Jan 20 with 1086 viewsBLUEGOLD

Still More Brexit Chaos on 22:43 - Jan 20 by Iwasthere

Ditto to you expat.. Seems to me you have more problems in your adopted country than to keep continuously commenting on mine. Wales and the USA seem nice places to live in at the moment.

What a tool
Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:12 - Jan 20 with 1083 viewsBlueBadger

Ditto to you expat.. Seems to me you have more problems in your adopted country than to keep continuously commenting on mine. Wales and the USA seem nice places to live in at the moment.

You forgot to say 'balls', 'rule britannia' and 'yes, but labour'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:18 - Jan 20 with 1074 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear. My passport is just the same as yours (except the mine belongs to a handsome genius).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:42 - Jan 20 with 1055 viewsfactual_blue

Still More Brexit Chaos on 21:58 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

They've totally run out of sovreignty sandwiches at [redacted] hospital canteen. I've not seen a single trace of one all year.

All five new hospitals in Ixworth have so many sandwiches they're giving them away.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:45 - Jan 20 with 1056 viewsIwasthere

Still More Brexit Chaos on 22:55 - Jan 20 by jeera

It's in the non-football section you thick twot.

Run along you stupid boy and learn to use your own language.

State of it.

You are the most tedious unmannered yob on this forum. Thank goodness my education gave me a more dignified outlook on life than your blinkered negative one.
Just go in the corner and apologise for all the unwarranted insults you hand out - YOU DUNCE.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:49 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsSpruceMoose

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:45 - Jan 20 by Iwasthere

You are the most tedious unmannered yob on this forum. Thank goodness my education gave me a more dignified outlook on life than your blinkered negative one.
Just go in the corner and apologise for all the unwarranted insults you hand out - YOU DUNCE.

Been a while since we've had a full blown temper tantrum meltdown on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:51 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsjeera

You've not had an education. Do you even read your own posts?

And you're too stupid to offer an opinion.

Why are you hiding behind another new persona?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:51 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsIwasthere

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:08 - Jan 20 by BLUEGOLD

What a tool

What is that supposed to infer, sweetie chops?
Login to get fewer ads

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:53 - Jan 20 with 1042 viewsSpruceMoose

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:51 - Jan 20 by jeera

You've not had an education. Do you even read your own posts?

And you're too stupid to offer an opinion.

Why are you hiding behind another new persona?

I guess Biden being sworn in today has really upset the gammons all over the world. Sad.

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:55 - Jan 20 with 1042 viewsjeera

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:51 - Jan 20 by Iwasthere

Probably that he thinks you're a tool.

You don't understand what infer means do you?

Despite your education.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:56 - Jan 20 with 1038 viewsfactual_blue

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:18 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Oh dear. My passport is just the same as yours (except the mine belongs to a handsome genius).

Has this handsome genius noticed you've stolen his passport?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:57 - Jan 20 with 1044 viewsBlueBadger

Alright Don, just cause you're out of a job now, there's no need to come on here talking a load of rambling right wing 'no you are' nonsense. We've already got Paz and Lowhouse doing that tonight.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:58 - Jan 20 with 1036 viewsSpruceMoose

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:56 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Has this handsome genius noticed you've stolen his passport?

My twin brother is currently oblivious.

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:59 - Jan 20 with 1038 viewsSpruceMoose

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:57 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

Alright Don, just cause you're out of a job now, there's no need to come on here talking a load of rambling right wing 'no you are' nonsense. We've already got Paz and Lowhouse doing that tonight.

Turns out that sugar high of Brexit didn't last long when the Brexiteers woke up the next day and realised that they were still themselves.

Still More Brexit Chaos on 00:04 - Jan 21 with 1037 viewsfactual_blue

It might imply something. What you chose to infer is another matter.

Mastering these basics of the English language will help you greatly.

Sweetie chops.*

*Other passive-aggressive 'terms of endearment' are available.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 0:05]

Still More Brexit Chaos on 00:05 - Jan 21 with 1028 viewslongtimefan

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:18 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Who’s did you steal?

Edit: oops, Factors got there first.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 0:07]
Still More Brexit Chaos on 00:15 - Jan 21 with 1021 viewsfactual_blue

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:57 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

Are they?

The ignore feature in thread view is a truly wondrous thing.

Still More Brexit Chaos on 06:16 - Jan 21 with 988 viewsBLUEGOLD

That you are a tool
Still More Brexit Chaos on 07:43 - Jan 21 with 968 viewsm14_blue

Calm down snowflake.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 08:08 - Jan 21 with 935 viewsDanTheMan

I really like the all caps finish, 7/10.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Still More Brexit Chaos on 08:15 - Jan 21 with 923 viewsitfcjoe

Still More Brexit Chaos on 19:54 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

There’ll be examples like this every day as it was a project of moronic self harm. It would make front page news daily if not for our catastrophic Covid death toll and literal Nazis storming the Capitol (hopefully we’ve now seen the end of the latter).

We’ll normalise it though. It feels like there’s little interest in the actual impacts; maybe we’re getting used to it or maybe people are just bored of the subject. The culture war leading up to it certainly got far more attention than the inevitable loss of opportunity and threat to livelihoods.

In a year that businesses have in the most had a terrible time due to Covid, it's just a massive kick in the teeth at how badly this has gone (and was always going to go).

Between Covid and this, so many business are either being propped up by Govt loans or are just going to hit the wall - it feels like the mess of Brexit is just being wrapped up in the Covid spending.

Are there any normal businesses, i.e. not big financial companies and traders, that are better off because of Brexit?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 08:23 - Jan 21 with 913 viewsBlueRaider

VAT is the issue, it was totally ignored in the run up because the focus was on duties, and in theory VAT should not increase costs.

However the mechanisms and where it is payable have changed, and until things settle down and some pragmatism comes into play we will continue to get these problems

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Still More Brexit Chaos on 09:55 - Jan 21 with 872 viewsBangor31

This is a classic lockdown thread.

Starts with a relatively meh post about teething issues in the mechanics of exporting into a "new" market. The British exporter and the EU importer need to make sure that the forms are being filled in accurately and to what the boarder force expect. I for one have not yet had anything turned around but I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen at some point in the coming months / year.

It's annoying, more annoying as one used to be able to do this trade with little effort. The lesson this butcher will learn is that these forms are now gold and in the future it will open him up to other markets as he'll have the experience to be able to handle it.

The crux of this is, the people who are annoyed about this new era are the ones who weren't overly entrepreneurial and enjoyed the protectionism that the EU offered.

From a meat standpoint the EU, Egypt, USA, Russia, and Canada are all in the top 10 for importing meat. Mexico is 11th. China's largest import for beef comes from Brazil (1 day 6hr flight 4 weeks by ship). We can ship to the US and Canada in 10-30 days and we know how short the EU and Russia are when boarders run smoothly. it's gonna take time and some thinking about where your best market is and how best to make it work.

If we as a country fail it not because of the deal (which I agree leaves a lot to be desired) but because we as a producing nation could find a way to be competitive.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 09:58 - Jan 21 with 868 viewsm14_blue

Still More Brexit Chaos on 09:55 - Jan 21 by Bangor31

This is a classic lockdown thread.

Starts with a relatively meh post about teething issues in the mechanics of exporting into a "new" market. The British exporter and the EU importer need to make sure that the forms are being filled in accurately and to what the boarder force expect. I for one have not yet had anything turned around but I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen at some point in the coming months / year.

It's annoying, more annoying as one used to be able to do this trade with little effort. The lesson this butcher will learn is that these forms are now gold and in the future it will open him up to other markets as he'll have the experience to be able to handle it.

The crux of this is, the people who are annoyed about this new era are the ones who weren't overly entrepreneurial and enjoyed the protectionism that the EU offered.

From a meat standpoint the EU, Egypt, USA, Russia, and Canada are all in the top 10 for importing meat. Mexico is 11th. China's largest import for beef comes from Brazil (1 day 6hr flight 4 weeks by ship). We can ship to the US and Canada in 10-30 days and we know how short the EU and Russia are when boarders run smoothly. it's gonna take time and some thinking about where your best market is and how best to make it work.

If we as a country fail it not because of the deal (which I agree leaves a lot to be desired) but because we as a producing nation could find a way to be competitive.

This is a classic lockdown post.

Absolving the government from blame for something that is obviously the government’s fault and blaming their fellow citizens instead.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:02 - Jan 21 with 861 viewsBangor31

Still More Brexit Chaos on 09:58 - Jan 21 by m14_blue

This is a classic lockdown post.

Absolving the government from blame for something that is obviously the government’s fault and blaming their fellow citizens instead.

the government doesn't run business, their trade deals can definitely help but its not the thing that makes you competitive or not.

if all you do is rely on government good luck as I'm sure you'd agree with me that they aren't the most competent bunch.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024