Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert lambasting Jackson 22:54 - Jan 26 with 3257 viewsTrequartista

Nothing he says is untrue, but you usually keep strong words like that in the dressing-room, I think that shows he doesn't really care as he won't be his manager for much longer

""It's a horrendous challenge," said Lambert, when asked about Jackson's red card. "If I was Sunderland I'd be angry as well. He's let everybody down. He's let himself down and he's let his team-mates down. I've not really seen the Sky angle, but I saw it from my own angle and it was terrible."

Oh and we were "brilliant" apparently
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:55]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 22:56 - Jan 26 with 2948 viewsBluefish

They hate each other clearly

Add him to the list with Harrison, Donacien and Woolfenden

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 22:58 - Jan 26 with 2911 viewspointofblue

For once I don’t mind Lambert’s response. Better than “I didn’t see it” when it was obviously a dreadful challenge.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:01 - Jan 26 with 2868 viewsTrequartista

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 22:58 - Jan 26 by pointofblue

For once I don’t mind Lambert’s response. Better than “I didn’t see it” when it was obviously a dreadful challenge.

I think you can admit it was a red card challenge and say you have no problem with the decision, and perhaps add that the incident has had a large bearing on the result. That would also be better than "didn't see it".

I don't think i've ever heard a manager say "if i was the opposition i would be angry"
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:01]

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:04 - Jan 26 with 2782 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has always been more than happy to throw certain players under the bus to make himself look less hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:08 - Jan 26 with 2688 viewstextbackup

he would chuck his own family under that bus if it protected him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:08 - Jan 26 with 2692 viewsDublinBlue84

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:01 - Jan 26 by Trequartista

I think you can admit it was a red card challenge and say you have no problem with the decision, and perhaps add that the incident has had a large bearing on the result. That would also be better than "didn't see it".

I don't think i've ever heard a manager say "if i was the opposition i would be angry"
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:01]

It's obvious why he has done it, if you can't see it then you are exceptionally naive. Every match he loses, he needs to play up the impact of something outside his control as an excuse. Yes Jackson was at fault tonight and was stupid, but it's in the interest of Lambert's self preservation to play that up as much as possible.

The fact that Jackson himself has come out with a statement saying he cost the team the three points, even though it's unlikely we'd have won anyway, will I'm afraid, only help Lambert preserve his job, as he'll now be pointing out to Evans, that don't take my word for it, the player himself said it.

Lambert is going to throw anyone he can under the bus to help him retain his own position and if they're already half way under the bus like Jackson is tonight he's going to make damn sure that the whole of them goes under it.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:09]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 2602 viewsTrequartista

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:08 - Jan 26 by DublinBlue84

It's obvious why he has done it, if you can't see it then you are exceptionally naive. Every match he loses, he needs to play up the impact of something outside his control as an excuse. Yes Jackson was at fault tonight and was stupid, but it's in the interest of Lambert's self preservation to play that up as much as possible.

The fact that Jackson himself has come out with a statement saying he cost the team the three points, even though it's unlikely we'd have won anyway, will I'm afraid, only help Lambert preserve his job, as he'll now be pointing out to Evans, that don't take my word for it, the player himself said it.

Lambert is going to throw anyone he can under the bus to help him retain his own position and if they're already half way under the bus like Jackson is tonight he's going to make damn sure that the whole of them goes under it.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:09]

Like I said in a previous reply, he could have still said it was a red card that changed the game to shift the blame onto Jackson without going OTT

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:14 - Jan 26 with 2568 viewsTrequartista

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:08 - Jan 26 by textbackup

he would chuck his own family under that bus if it protected him

Was it Nolan that got a red for a tackle that was more dishonest and he backed him! Presumably because it was near the end rather than the start of the game so didn't make much difference.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:15 - Jan 26 with 2559 viewsMaySixth

They have a bit of recent history,

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:15 - Jan 26 with 2550 viewsDublinBlue84

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:13 - Jan 26 by Trequartista

Like I said in a previous reply, he could have still said it was a red card that changed the game to shift the blame onto Jackson without going OTT

He doesn't care, short term preservation is more important to him than a player who is going to be missing for three matches now. He's not thinking that far ahead.

Evans needs to pull the trigger. NOW.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:16 - Jan 26 with 2525 viewsTrequartista

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:15 - Jan 26 by DublinBlue84

He doesn't care, short term preservation is more important to him than a player who is going to be missing for three matches now. He's not thinking that far ahead.

Evans needs to pull the trigger. NOW.

That's part of my point, i don't think he cares because he doesn't think he will ever be available for selection again for him.

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:18 - Jan 26 with 2502 viewsMrTown

It was a shocking tackle, and shocker. No issue with him stating that fact.

Whether he and Jackson have issues is a different matter that no one will know for sure.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:19 - Jan 26 with 2470 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 22:56 - Jan 26 by Bluefish

They hate each other clearly

Add him to the list with Harrison, Donacien and Woolfenden

Lambert lost the dressing room long ago.

The club acts as if players don’t say things and whispers go around.

They know we know more than we can say we know and they pretend we don’t know it.

ITFC is Hypernormalisation.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:19]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:25 - Jan 26 with 2365 viewsBluedanW

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:19 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

Lambert lost the dressing room long ago.

The club acts as if players don’t say things and whispers go around.

They know we know more than we can say we know and they pretend we don’t know it.

ITFC is Hypernormalisation.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:19]

Everything is self preservation now for lambert.
As well as the players did to not get hammered, Lambert could of tried to change the game and make an effort to fjnd the equaliser. Instead he chose to set up to hold out for a 1-0 defeat. The self preservation option so he can say afterwards it wasn't his fault. Id rather we actually had a go and got battered.
Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:37 - Jan 26 with 2276 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s a bad statement at the best of times.

But considering that it looked very much an unintentional challenge, it’s an awful statement.

I hope the squad don’t buy into this at all and show Jackson a bit of support.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:39 - Jan 26 with 2263 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:37 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

But considering that it looked very much an unintentional challenge, it’s an awful statement.

Twitter would suggest the fans have his back.

Even if a few loud numbskulls on here think he’s rubbish.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:40 - Jan 26 with 2252 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:25 - Jan 26 by BluedanW

Everything is self preservation now for lambert.
As well as the players did to not get hammered, Lambert could of tried to change the game and make an effort to fjnd the equaliser. Instead he chose to set up to hold out for a 1-0 defeat. The self preservation option so he can say afterwards it wasn't his fault. Id rather we actually had a go and got battered.

It’s not even self-preservation. It’s well beyond that.

The only people left on Lambert’s side are those willing to drink the FlavorAid. Everyone else has realised things aren’t quite going to the Guru’s plan.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:47 - Jan 26 with 2227 viewsTrequartista

I think its one of those where you don't aim for the opposition player's leg, but you go over the ball to try and protect it, and by the time you plant your foot, there's a good chance the opposition player's leg is there. I even thought it was our free-kick until i saw the replay so i would be an awful referee. Dangerous but not malicious, but a red card. I often complain about modern football and penalising what i think are perfectly good tackles, but this is one of those that deserve the punishment.

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:48 - Jan 26 with 2207 viewsTrequartista

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:39 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

He's rubbish.

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:50 - Jan 26 with 2191 viewsClareBlue

A club imploding. Even the Rod Liddle in Sunday Times saying we are deluded set of fans. Manager out if his depth and turning into a delusional, paranoid bluffer.

What's the saying..darkest time is before the dawn
Lambert lambasting Jackson on 00:01 - Jan 27 with 2148 viewsDarth_Koont

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:47 - Jan 26 by Trequartista

I think its one of those where you don't aim for the opposition player's leg, but you go over the ball to try and protect it, and by the time you plant your foot, there's a good chance the opposition player's leg is there. I even thought it was our free-kick until i saw the replay so i would be an awful referee. Dangerous but not malicious, but a red card. I often complain about modern football and penalising what i think are perfectly good tackles, but this is one of those that deserve the punishment.

By the sound of it, we’re very close in how we saw it.

The problem I have with it is if the Sunderland player didn’t come in from the side as he did would Jackson have been foolish to even lift his foot to get it over the ball and control it just because of the risk? I see players make that move all the time in close quarters and it can’t just be dangerous only if you make contact.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 00:41 - Jan 27 with 2063 viewshaynes_toe1

If it was an intentional two footed lunge in revenge to something that happened to him on the pitch then Lamberts comments would be fair.

In this instance yes its a red card, its reckless and clumsy but I don't believe it was intentional. To hang him out to dry when our strikers must already lack confidence from the team providing half a chance a game makes no sense to me.
Lambert lambasting Jackson on 01:02 - Jan 27 with 2016 viewsMrTown

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 23:39 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

What do you mean have his back? Have his back for what?

He did a horror tackle, rightly was called out for it and he’s rightly apologised. He takes responsibility and we move on.

I’m not sure it falls in to the category of ‘numbskull’ because your opinion is that a player is very good.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 08:34 - Jan 27 with 1646 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 01:02 - Jan 27 by MrTown

What do you mean have his back? Have his back for what?

He did a horror tackle, rightly was called out for it and he’s rightly apologised. He takes responsibility and we move on.

I’m not sure it falls in to the category of ‘numbskull’ because your opinion is that a player is very good.

HE was clumsy and reckless but not intent on a 'horror tackle' - it wasn't a case of a revenge tackle and him losing his head - that would warrant Lamberts comments.
Lambert lambasting Jackson on 08:37 - Jan 27 with 1624 viewsHerbivore

Lambert lambasting Jackson on 08:34 - Jan 27 by haynes_toe1

HE was clumsy and reckless but not intent on a 'horror tackle' - it wasn't a case of a revenge tackle and him losing his head - that would warrant Lamberts comments.

Indeed. It wasn't a reckless two footed lunge either, it was incredibly clumsy but you can see he's looking at the ball and the movement of his leg is to get over the ball and shield it. However, he should have been aware of the player coming in to challenge and pulled out. It was dangerous because it was clumsy, it wasn't a horror tackle. Throwing him under the bus (again) is a dick move.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024