Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club is spiralling out of control 09:48 - Feb 18 with 2629 viewsWoolfenthen

We are clinging onto the hope a change of manager will change our fortunes. In reality will anyone new get much more change out of us with the current set up and ownership. Who in their right mind wants to come into this toxic environment, have little backing and have to deal with things beyond their job title. It's an utter mess for which I fear we have yet to hit rock bottom, consistently poor managerial performances cannot all be unlucky, this is far deeper rooted. League 2 and even worse is on the horizon, the silence again from the club and owner is defeaning, I struggle to see an ounce of ambition, direction or even care of where we are heading. It's so demoralising and as Mick Mills said just so sad.
Club is spiralling out of control on 09:50 - Feb 18 with 2607 viewstextbackup

(posted this elsewhere)

What player here has any pressure on them currently to do anything above and beyond.

the players can point the finger at the manager, who points his finger at everyone else, and everyone else points it back.

nobody is owning this situation. nobody is willing to put their heads up to speak out.

we have no leaders at this club, nothing

can you imagine Jim, Johno, Holland Mogga Venus etc just accepting this?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:01 - Feb 18 with 2532 viewsBseaBlue

Club is spiralling out of control on 09:50 - Feb 18 by textbackup

(posted this elsewhere)

What player here has any pressure on them currently to do anything above and beyond.

the players can point the finger at the manager, who points his finger at everyone else, and everyone else points it back.

nobody is owning this situation. nobody is willing to put their heads up to speak out.

I have raised this exact point before about leadership! The issue is that leadership has to start from the very top, ala Sheepshanks in those days whereas at the moment we are being steared into an on-coming ice berg.
Club is spiralling out of control on 10:05 - Feb 18 with 2518 viewsnoggin

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:01 - Feb 18 by BseaBlue

I have raised this exact point before about leadership! The issue is that leadership has to start from the very top, ala Sheepshanks in those days whereas at the moment we are being steared into an on-coming ice berg.

"we are being steared into an on-coming ice berg."

But we are unsinkable.... Aren't we?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:10 - Feb 18 with 2495 viewsBseaBlue

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:05 - Feb 18 by noggin

I keep convincing myself that we are 15 points off of the relegation spaces and surely safe. Current form however and performances like the one Tuesday night.......
Club is spiralling out of control on 10:13 - Feb 18 with 2460 viewsnoggin

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:10 - Feb 18 by BseaBlue

I keep convincing myself that we are 15 points off of the relegation spaces and surely safe. Current form however and performances like the one Tuesday night.......

I think we're safe for this season. How has it come to this tht we're even discussing it? This is the 3rd div ffs.

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:15 - Feb 18 with 2437 viewsOlly

The toxic environment must be incredible at the moment, itfc_joe is referencing how everyone hates Lambert, Stuart Watson was saying similar yesterday...imagine going in to work at the club everyday at the moment. Must be soul destroying, especially for those who care and have a long standing connection with the club (like you mention Mick Mills!)

In the long term, most areas of the club receive no leadership or plan from above, let alone proper funding. I'm sure there are loads of fantastic people who keep things above water in many areas, but we all see how run down things are at Portman Road...it's depressing to see what we've become. It's going to take a long time to turn things round, a new manager will hopefully begin that process...but I don't hold my breath either
Club is spiralling out of control on 10:17 - Feb 18 with 2419 viewsBseaBlue

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:13 - Feb 18 by noggin

I think we're safe for this season. How has it come to this tht we're even discussing it? This is the 3rd div ffs.

Its an embarrasment! With the squad and strength in depth that we have, anything other than pushing for an automatic place is simply not good enough. When you see the clubs above us in the table it just makes it worse and I mean that without disrespect to them of course.
Club is spiralling out of control on 10:18 - Feb 18 with 2412 viewsnoggin

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:15 - Feb 18 by Olly

The toxic environment must be incredible at the moment, itfc_joe is referencing how everyone hates Lambert, Stuart Watson was saying similar yesterday...imagine going in to work at the club everyday at the moment. Must be soul destroying, especially for those who care and have a long standing connection with the club (like you mention Mick Mills!)

In the long term, most areas of the club receive no leadership or plan from above, let alone proper funding. I'm sure there are loads of fantastic people who keep things above water in many areas, but we all see how run down things are at Portman Road...it's depressing to see what we've become. It's going to take a long time to turn things round, a new manager will hopefully begin that process...but I don't hold my breath either

Sir Bobby is turning in his grave.

Login to get fewer ads

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:18 - Feb 18 with 2408 viewsSamWhiteUK

(posted this elsewhere)

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 2393 viewsitfcjoe

3 seasons ago, under the same useless owner we had just come off the back of 4 seasons out of 5 in the top half of the championship

A good manager can mask a bad owner, especially when the owner is just hapless opposed to actually with bad intentions.

The manager has to come in and do a lot, but is given great freedom to do so - it's a job with more challenges than others, but one where you get time and backing to fulfil your plans. Lambert hasn't been interested in getting involved everywhere bar a burst at the start of his tenure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 2380 viewsgordon

(posted this elsewhere)

It's the culture of the club, not individuals - if we had strong personalities (like those you mentioned) behind the scenes setting the principles of the club, and the manager reporting to them, we wouldn't be in this mess.

The problem at the club for ages has been that the manager can do whatever the hell he wants, and isn't held accountable by anyone, or held to any kind of strategy etc.

Because Evans has messed things up so much this time, I don't see how anyone in their right mind would agree to be involved in the club unless Evans puts in place a proper structure with a CEO and a DoF. The set-up at the moment feels like a League 2 / Non-league club, except then the owner is usually more of a proper football man.
Club is spiralling out of control on 10:38 - Feb 18 with 2313 viewschrismakin

The worse thing is

No body would really listen to hurst hes not been in the agnes long enough.. lambert has. Now if hes on blower to alot of managers about the state of itfc behind the scenes.. it could put a lot of decent managers off

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:40 - Feb 18 with 2291 viewsMrTown

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:05 - Feb 18 by noggin

The titanic was unsinkable...

It now sits at the bottom of the ocean.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:40 - Feb 18 with 2285 viewstextbackup

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:38 - Feb 18 by chrismakin

The worse thing is

No body would really listen to hurst hes not been in the agnes long enough.. lambert has. Now if hes on blower to alot of managers about the state of itfc behind the scenes.. it could put a lot of decent managers off

if any potential manager listens to paul lambert I wouldn't want him here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:54 - Feb 18 with 2237 viewsnoggin

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:40 - Feb 18 by MrTown

The titanic was unsinkable...

It now sits at the bottom of the ocean.

That was my point.

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:54 - Feb 18 with 2235 viewsBseaBlue

Club is spiralling out of control on 10:40 - Feb 18 by textbackup

if any potential manager listens to paul lambert I wouldn't want him here

Absolutely. I still think the club is too big of an opportunity to some managers that it wouldnt make any difference.

As much as we bemoan the lack of structure, some managers will see that as a huge positive as they are basically left to do as they please.
Club is spiralling out of control on 11:05 - Feb 18 with 2200 viewsRomeo4

A manager who truly backs his own ability and has a clear idea on how to achieve results will surely see Town as a great opportunity still.

Ok the resources are limited when we reach a higher level but it’s a genuine opportunity to take an underachieving club and stamp their mark on it with little (I think) interference from the owner. The current squad should be good enough to at least mount a challenge at this level given the right shape and motivation.

The key to the appointment is ensuring the new manager (whoever that is) has the confidence and ambition to really come in and make his mark. And has the personality to carry the club on his shoulders.
Club is spiralling out of control on 11:28 - Feb 18 with 2131 viewsjayessess

If I were a prospective manager looking at Ipswich, I'd see:

The best paid manager in League 1.
Given the best part of 3 seasons, despite no tangible achievements of any sort.
Who's going to collect £2m+.
A club that's massively under-achieving relative to its financial resources.
A financially stable club.
Massive room for improvement relative to your predecessor.
An absentee owner, who'll give you free reign to change anything you want.

Any manager who backs their ability should see an opportunity there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Club is spiralling out of control on 11:48 - Feb 18 with 2097 viewsBlueWorldOrder

(posted this elsewhere)

The problem is we've signed players largely already performing above their level here. They have played the bulk of their football from the 5th, 4th and barely 3rd tiers many of these guys. They wouldn't stand a chance in the league above, know it, Lambert knows it, and are simply cashing in while they can. Holy, Cornell, Wilson, Toto, Janoi, Kenlock, Nolan, Edwards, Norwood, Hawkins, Jackson are performing at the levels you'd expect of players of that pedigree would do.

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Thats why will never do well under Evans.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Club is spiralling out of control on 12:03 - Feb 18 with 2065 viewsjayessess

Club is spiralling out of control on 11:48 - Feb 18 by BlueWorldOrder

The problem is we've signed players largely already performing above their level here. They have played the bulk of their football from the 5th, 4th and barely 3rd tiers many of these guys. They wouldn't stand a chance in the league above, know it, Lambert knows it, and are simply cashing in while they can. Holy, Cornell, Wilson, Toto, Janoi, Kenlock, Nolan, Edwards, Norwood, Hawkins, Jackson are performing at the levels you'd expect of players of that pedigree would do.

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Thats why will never do well under Evans.

We aren't "paying peanuts". We're paying more for this squad than most (maybe all?) of the clubs above us. Why aren't Lincoln or Accrington getting "monkeys" for their "peanuts"?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Club is spiralling out of control on 12:10 - Feb 18 with 2037 viewshadleighboyblue

Club is spiralling out of control on 12:03 - Feb 18 by jayessess

We aren't "paying peanuts". We're paying more for this squad than most (maybe all?) of the clubs above us. Why aren't Lincoln or Accrington getting "monkeys" for their "peanuts"?

Probably because they are playing to a proper strategy for a manger that they believe in .

That is so obviously not happening here .

The whole set up here is pants
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024