Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. 14:41 - Feb 18 with 1634 viewscobbold_fanatic2

Maybe this is very naive on my part, but the more I think about our current options and the managers available would giving Cole Skuse the position until the end of the season be the worst thing we could do?

He has always conducted himself perfectly with press and seems like a pretty intelligent guy. Its clear to me that the way he conducted himself on the pitch shows he reads the game very well. He knows the club inside out and I still think most fans respect the service he’s put in here and could potentially get behind the appointment.

If Evans is going to avoid spending money on a long term appointment at this stage surely Skuse should be considered?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 1604 viewsMrTown

Why don't we just give it Crazy and Bluey.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 1604 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't see why we'd do that when we already have Dyer in the club who's proven he can get the U23s playing sexy stuff with a smile on their faces. He's the most obvious internal candidate by a country mile (which is why it won't happen).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 1604 viewsCrockerITFC

To be fair although I'd rather have Dyer at this stage I'd take Chambers and Skuse over Shamberto
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:35 - Feb 18 with 1452 viewseddiespearitt03

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 14:43 - Feb 18 by CrockerITFC

To be fair although I'd rather have Dyer at this stage I'd take Chambers and Skuse over Shamberto

The names mentioned and a few others have to be released from this club. Then, and only then, the club can start to move into a whole new era. No click and no favoritism.

Free up the wage bill, get a promising manager ( possibly a european manager + coach with plenty of contacts ) and build a hard working team. A team that can deliver.

Have a chat with the Wolves manager and recruit a Portuguese set up. Talk to Farke about possible candidates and recruit a promising German manager. Sorry folks, perhaps it is time to be a bit more innovative and stop employing people on the UK circuit.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:38 - Feb 18 with 1438 viewsKeaneish

With no management or coaching experience I’d say Dyer is leagues ahead of him.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:41 - Feb 18 with 1414 viewsjeera

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:38 - Feb 18 by Keaneish

With no management or coaching experience I’d say Dyer is leagues ahead of him.

Shows how desperate we all are doesn't it.

Throw any name in and hope for the best.

Nothing against Skuse personally at all mind, and if it came to it, as someone holding the fort until someone maybe more suitable was found...

Hell, I'd settle for Holy or Kenlock or anyone if it meant Lambert was gone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:44 - Feb 18 with 1407 viewsjas0999

We need an experienced manager at this level with a good track record. Not someone who hasn’t managed or like PL has an atrocious record.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:45 - Feb 18 with 1396 viewsshefki86

Give it Skusey till end of season.......

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

Login to get fewer ads

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:48 - Feb 18 with 1380 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:03 - Feb 18 with 1314 viewsgazzer1999

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:48 - Feb 18 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I think he will be involved in a coaching capacity somewhere at ITFC as will probably Chambers, there maybe a vacancy for an under 23 coach soon.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 1297 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Agreed probably not the worst thing we could do no. Lee O'Neill or Marcus Evans would be slightly worse options.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 1288 viewsJ2BLUE

I was thinking this earlier...not Skuse for the first team but Dyer for the first team and maybe Skuse could get some experience with the U23s.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:11 - Feb 18 with 1255 viewsgazzer1999

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:07 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

I was thinking this earlier...not Skuse for the first team but Dyer for the first team and maybe Skuse could get some experience with the U23s.

He used to live round the corner from me and I think he comes across really well, has started coaching and good starting point would be the 23's then who knows? We seem to let a lot of our ex pro's leave when they could offer a lot to the club.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:15 - Feb 18 with 1231 viewsjeera

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:11 - Feb 18 by gazzer1999

He used to live round the corner from me and I think he comes across really well, has started coaching and good starting point would be the 23's then who knows? We seem to let a lot of our ex pro's leave when they could offer a lot to the club.

Is he taking his badges?

I wasn't sure if the speculation was just that.

As people say, he does have the disposition.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 1214 viewsgazzer1999

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:15 - Feb 18 by jeera

Is he taking his badges?

I wasn't sure if the speculation was just that.

As people say, he does have the disposition.

I think he has either started or already taken them, but in the end quals really mean nothing I guess Lamberts got them.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:59 - Feb 18 with 1150 viewsblueislander

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:21 - Feb 18 by gazzer1999

I think he has either started or already taken them, but in the end quals really mean nothing I guess Lamberts got them.

Much as I think Skuse is a decent bloke, if he coaches players the way he played, he is absolutely not what we need .The glaring problem we currently have is how slowly we move the ball from back to front. This was a big problem when Skuse was playing.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:07 - Feb 18 with 1117 viewsgazzer1999

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 19:59 - Feb 18 by blueislander

Much as I think Skuse is a decent bloke, if he coaches players the way he played, he is absolutely not what we need .The glaring problem we currently have is how slowly we move the ball from back to front. This was a big problem when Skuse was playing.

It's not till you don't have the guy in the team you realise the work he did. Very underrated player who I hope goes onto better things when he hangs the boots up. We certainly could have done with him this season and would not have made reckless tackles like Downes has. He does a job for the team just as Roger Osbourne did for sir Bobby, every team needs one who is in the background allowing the 'flair players' do their thing.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:12 - Feb 18 with 1105 viewsblueislander

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:07 - Feb 18 by gazzer1999

It's not till you don't have the guy in the team you realise the work he did. Very underrated player who I hope goes onto better things when he hangs the boots up. We certainly could have done with him this season and would not have made reckless tackles like Downes has. He does a job for the team just as Roger Osbourne did for sir Bobby, every team needs one who is in the background allowing the 'flair players' do their thing.

How good a manager was Roger Osborne? We have not struggled in the area where Skuse might have influenced games.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:19 - Feb 18 with 1080 viewsStenvict

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 18:44 - Feb 18 by jas0999

We need an experienced manager at this level with a good track record. Not someone who hasn’t managed or like PL has an atrocious record.

I'd say that's the last thing we need. All our previous appointments have been based on that manager previously achieving what we are aiming to achieve. Lambert got Norwich out of this league easily, yet has failed miserably with us. Time to go foreign IMO and get someone to bring a few gems with them to tear the league up.

Poll: What will be announced first?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:45 - Feb 18 with 991 viewsbackwaywhen

Klug & Dyer for me , until end of season.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:50 - Feb 18 with 977 viewsFelstow1978

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 14:42 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Why don't we just give it Crazy and Bluey.

Would only want to play hoofball

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 974 viewsblueislander

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:50 - Feb 18 by Felstow1978

Would only want to play hoofball

Cheaper than McCarthy though.
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 21:17 - Feb 18 with 940 viewsmichaeldownunder

I thought Skues said he would be a coach but not a manager, I think we need a CEO/DOF that understands the game then a new manager. Maybe Dyer/Butcher or Chambers/Skues till end of season. Put Lambert on gardening leave so no extra wage costs
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 00:03 - Feb 19 with 806 viewseddiespearitt03

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 21:17 - Feb 18 by michaeldownunder

I thought Skues said he would be a coach but not a manager, I think we need a CEO/DOF that understands the game then a new manager. Maybe Dyer/Butcher or Chambers/Skues till end of season. Put Lambert on gardening leave so no extra wage costs

Whats wrong is that supporters are yearning for more of the same. The same ol "keep it in the family" or managers who have recently departed from other clubs. It will be a tough ask for any manager to work under the conditions in place at the moment. Paul Lambert was right, something has to change. It is just not good enough.

A whole new script has to be written and now is the chance to rinse this club of the stale atmosphere and struggles on the pitch.. Hopefully a new owner, because a new owner may be more hands on and actually be more local . More importantly, right now, is a whole new change of direction that has to be enforced with more conviction and better ideas . Then the supporters can feel part of the clubs drive to move forward and make progress.
Ultimately, it is the lack of presence and poor decisions from the owner that has got us where we are.

No more shaking the dice and old favors.
Release a big bunch of wages that are crippling this club and head hunt someone capable of re-inventing this club. With a fresh strategy and a renewed discipline. Every player must feel important, feel needed and part of the team and the end goal to resurrect this club..

Explore more ways and every chance to generate income. This club could make far more use of the stadium with big/small music gigs and wedding parties in the marquee. Get the supporters more involved. Perhaps a 6 monthly spring clean rewarded with a free match ticket for two. Feel involved in the re-birth of this club and not the us v them divide.

Free up the wage bill. Number one issue. Reduce overheads. Recruit good players to compliment the players retained. Of course there will always be a case for a loan player but lets sell our club to young reserve players at Premiership/Championship clubs or from the European clubs. Take a hit for a season and plant some proper green shoots. Every player has their chance and we must find a more regular team. All the chopping and changing has hampered consistency on every level.

What would be refreshing is a young Dutch/German/French/Spanish/Portuguese etc A promising manager who can allow and help players to promote and express their skills.

Hopefully a manager who can recruit a few European flair players. A manager and coach to motivate players and bring the fun back into this club. A manager who can conduct an intelligent post match interview even when the wheels are not up to speed. It will take time but hopefully the supporters can see a fresh energy and renewed optimism. The supporters want something to buy into hopefully with a better club ownership .
A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 03:29 - Feb 19 with 744 viewschrismakin

A thought, Skuse until the end of the season. on 20:19 - Feb 18 by Stenvict

I'd say that's the last thing we need. All our previous appointments have been based on that manager previously achieving what we are aiming to achieve. Lambert got Norwich out of this league easily, yet has failed miserably with us. Time to go foreign IMO and get someone to bring a few gems with them to tear the league up.

We seem to have little or no Foreign scouting system. Other than Bennett, who was the last player we signed from abroad? is it Ndaw?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024