Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Clough 02:04 - Feb 21 with 1495 viewsstiff_talking

He would also be a good candidate

He always looks to hire highest level of quality players affordable and will exchange players out to bring in improvements.

We need an owner and manager that focus all efforts on proper recruitment and if we sell it’s on the basis of bringing in better !
Nigel Clough on 02:43 - Feb 21 with 1450 viewsBlueBadger

LOL, no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nigel Clough on 07:41 - Feb 21 with 1285 viewsChondzoresk

No thank you.
Nigel Clough on 07:48 - Feb 21 with 1272 viewstextbackup

ill be honest, ive not studied his career, so like the other football experts on this thread that ruled it out instantly i'd not be hugely against him.

unless those so clued up can give a list of reasons why he'd be a bad appointment.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nigel Clough on 07:57 - Feb 21 with 1243 viewsChurchman

I never thought I’d say it about anyone associated with the great Brian Clough, but it would be a bit uninspiring. A no from me but not in the horror category of Pulis or Megson
Nigel Clough on 08:03 - Feb 21 with 1216 viewsleftback

If/when lambert goes we’ll employ a manager who is currently out of work , so talk of clough is a bit irrelevant
Nigel Clough on 08:31 - Feb 21 with 1121 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Perhaps we need to prise Tommy Miller away from Spennymoor.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Nigel Clough on 09:13 - Feb 21 with 1036 viewsWickets

Nigel Clough on 07:48 - Feb 21 by textbackup

ill be honest, ive not studied his career, so like the other football experts on this thread that ruled it out instantly i'd not be hugely against him.

unless those so clued up can give a list of reasons why he'd be a bad appointment.

Yes i agree , i would not say i want him but also would not just say "no thanks" as if they are in the know or that he is terrible ? I seem to remember that at one stage he was doing a good job at Burton with one hand tied behind his back . Pretty much the same with Neil Harris . I would not say yes i want him but with cash tight at Town are the bigger names forming a que ?
Nigel Clough on 12:54 - Feb 21 with 880 viewsChondzoresk

The same Nigel Clough who is Presently 18th in L2 with Mansfield Town, who lost 0-3 at home to Cambridge.
Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Clough on 16:37 - Feb 21 with 698 viewsmadmouse1959

I agree with a few others on TWTD. We need an inspirational young manager + coach from Europe. No clicks and no favors. Then hopefully we can tap into recruiting good young European flair players and move this club forward. Always a risk but so are most of the other choices.

We have to stop going round in circles with promoting ex players, failed managers and out of work managers.

shampoo dave

Nigel Clough on 16:48 - Feb 21 with 674 viewsPlums

He’s never shown any interest in managing any sort of distance from Derby. I can’t imagine we’d entice him to change the habits of a lifetime.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Nigel Clough on 16:48 - Feb 21 with 672 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Nigel Clough on 16:37 - Feb 21 by madmouse1959

I agree with a few others on TWTD. We need an inspirational young manager + coach from Europe. No clicks and no favors. Then hopefully we can tap into recruiting good young European flair players and move this club forward. Always a risk but so are most of the other choices.

We have to stop going round in circles with promoting ex players, failed managers and out of work managers.

That won’t work....Brexit!

Poll: Our final position

Nigel Clough on 16:49 - Feb 21 with 668 viewsstiff_talking

Nigel Clough on 16:37 - Feb 21 by madmouse1959

I suggested Nigel as he is honest coach and person. No more Lambert paranoia and blah blah blah

Nigel isn’t the greatest tactical manager but he can pick talented players and does maintain positive relationships with his players

He also would come to Ipswich. It’s not a pie in the sky appointment
Nigel Clough on 17:00 - Feb 21 with 640 viewsbluelagos

Nigel Clough on 16:49 - Feb 21 by stiff_talking

I suggested Nigel as he is honest coach and person. No more Lambert paranoia and blah blah blah

Nigel isn’t the greatest tactical manager but he can pick talented players and does maintain positive relationships with his players

He also would come to Ipswich. It’s not a pie in the sky appointment

One thing Clough does is get his teams playing passing football. The issue I guess is that Burton having been the most successful team.

When I watched Burton pass us off the park a couple of years ago I did think at the time I'd happily take him as manager.

Anyhow, all a bit pointless atm as Lambo is going nowhere anytime soon imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024