Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 08:43 - Feb 25 with 1969 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:58 - Feb 25 with 500 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:29 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, but booo my negativity or something...

The story covered below is an even bigger transmitter of Covid and we were told last week all kids would have a twice weekly test and masks in classrooms. No more...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/25/covid-tests-masks-not-compulsory-e

Thought so.

Reading Festival think they're going ahead this year in August too. Maybe we will be able to open up much more when most people are vaccinated, but I find it hard to believe right now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:04 - Feb 25 with 493 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I can think of much better uses for the fruit of the money tree.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:15 - Feb 25 with 475 viewsTractorWood

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:29 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, but booo my negativity or something...

The story covered below is an even bigger transmitter of Covid and we were told last week all kids would have a twice weekly test and masks in classrooms. No more...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/25/covid-tests-masks-not-compulsory-e

Shock as Guardian supports alarmist position.

I don't think the sector needs it. It needs people to be allowed out of their houses. We are doing great stuff with the vaccination rollout but it was never the silver bullet.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:17]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:16 - Feb 25 with 468 viewseireblue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:04 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I can think of much better uses for the fruit of the money tree.

Hmmm, it is kind of interesting, from the Party that brought us “..unemployment is a price worth paying....if it isn’t hurting it isn’t working,.. He got on his bike and looked for work...”, they now see the wisdom of injecting money into an economy to get it moving.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:36 - Feb 25 with 454 viewsfactual_blue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:16 - Feb 25 by eireblue

Hmmm, it is kind of interesting, from the Party that brought us “..unemployment is a price worth paying....if it isn’t hurting it isn’t working,.. He got on his bike and looked for work...”, they now see the wisdom of injecting money into an economy to get it moving.

You've spelt 'injecting money into the beerocracy who are die-hard tory supporters' slightly wrongly.

So I've corrected it for you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:37 - Feb 25 with 452 viewsm14_blue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:32 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Utter nonsense. All shops and hospitality outlets revive regular visits from environmental health to check that they are compliant. Those who aren’t are given a list of what they need to do before a follow up in seven days time.

Definitely not the case here.

We’ve completed risk assessments for our various businesses but none of the premises have received a single visit.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:47 - Feb 25 with 437 viewsLord_Lucan

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:37 - Feb 25 by m14_blue

Definitely not the case here.

We’ve completed risk assessments for our various businesses but none of the premises have received a single visit.

Is it retail sector? Essential or non essential?

Our retail doors are shut, click and collect only - but I often spot the Stasi outside peering in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:50 - Feb 25 with 428 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:15 - Feb 25 by TractorWood

Shock as Guardian supports alarmist position.

I don't think the sector needs it. It needs people to be allowed out of their houses. We are doing great stuff with the vaccination rollout but it was never the silver bullet.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:17]

It was the Govt position last week, spouted by various ministers to get the Unions onboard with opening.

The Guardian are reporting it, as is every other media outlet.
Login to get fewer ads

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:51 - Feb 25 with 423 viewsm14_blue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:47 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Is it retail sector? Essential or non essential?

Our retail doors are shut, click and collect only - but I often spot the Stasi outside peering in.

Mostly non essential retail but also catering attached and various other things too.

Obviously closed at the moment but I haven’t seen anyone from any enforcement body since this whole sh1tstorm started.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:59 - Feb 25 with 415 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:57 - Feb 25 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Given that the evidence is at best inconclusive about its impact last time, in the same way the masses of people on Bournemouth beach had no impact though I remember you saying at the time it was madness and wait 2 weeks for the consequences, I think that in your desperation to post this with a negative spin you are forgetting that this time it will be done against the back drop of the vaccine success.

Are you suggesting no promotions should be allowed post lockdown for an industry that is desperate and on its knees?

No desperation to spin it negatively at all. I leave that to the medics and researchers.
As i've said before on here my less than rose-tinted view on this is due to my wife's chemo and my job that is impacted every day by the nonsense.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/news/30-10-20-eat_

"The government initiative, which cost around £500 million, caused a significant rise in new infections in August and early September accelerating the pandemic into its current second wave. The economic benefits of the scheme, meanwhile, were short-lived."
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 11:21 - Feb 25 with 394 viewslongtimefan

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:59 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

No desperation to spin it negatively at all. I leave that to the medics and researchers.
As i've said before on here my less than rose-tinted view on this is due to my wife's chemo and my job that is impacted every day by the nonsense.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/news/30-10-20-eat_

"The government initiative, which cost around £500 million, caused a significant rise in new infections in August and early September accelerating the pandemic into its current second wave. The economic benefits of the scheme, meanwhile, were short-lived."

I suppose the validity of that is determined by whether you class an increase of between 8 and 17% as a “significant rise”
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 11:34 - Feb 25 with 370 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 10:16 - Feb 25 by eireblue

It'll be a short term thing. I was going to say I doubt they'll make the connection between stimulation and growth and will be back to austerity before you know it. But that may not be right, as I think austerity is getting a bit of a hammering these days globally and more countries are looking to stimulate their economies (the States certainly are now Trumpie's gone) .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 12:02 - Feb 25 with 352 viewsPinewoodblue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 11:34 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be a short term thing. I was going to say I doubt they'll make the connection between stimulation and growth and will be back to austerity before you know it. But that may not be right, as I think austerity is getting a bit of a hammering these days globally and more countries are looking to stimulate their economies (the States certainly are now Trumpie's gone) .

Would have thought keeping VAT at a lower rate was more likely.

We now have the freedom, post Brexit, to be more flexible with VAT might see some other VAT changes in the Budget.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 12:23 - Feb 25 with 329 viewsSarge

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:59 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Given the medical experts appeared to say this was a source of the spike first time round, why would you do it again?

Maybe if the pubs have the vaccine passport in place by then, it makes sense

How many people were vaccinated last time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024