Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... 15:11 - Feb 26 with 2248 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy fook.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:26 - Feb 26 with 637 viewsElderGrizzly

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:24 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Maybe they've got the loan from the pension for some dirt cheap interest rate and the pension fund can't afford to gamble so they've taken the deal. Then the actual investment in all that will come from the consortium?

Purely speculating obviously.

What is clear, is they have said this purchase is to make a profit so they aren't just going to throw money at it.

But they only make money if we get to the PL.

It's going to be interesting
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:26 - Feb 26 with 636 viewsMetal_Hacker

Glad it's not my pension ffs

Well here's hoping it all works out anyway

E-I-E-I-E-I-O etc etc

Hopefully.............

Poll: If it were one or the other

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:27 - Feb 26 with 623 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

We don't know the size of the pension fund in question. £30 million could be a quite small percentage. A long term investment in a football club like ITFC could be a very sound one.
May I just add that however jubilant we may or may not feel, let us try and keep more humility and dignity than we did when Mr Evans took over. I was one of those at Carrow Road that year when £20 notes were waved at the Norwich supporters in a gesture of 'Look what we now have'; we all are aware how that ended up!
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:28 - Feb 26 with 615 viewsm14_blue

So all those people saying “there’s no smoke without fire” were doubly right.
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 606 viewsSwansea_Blue

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:22 - Feb 26 by Jermynblue

Initial thought is that this would not be a great source of funding if we are looking at long term stability. Evans made a lot of mistakes, but one thing you cannot criticise Evans for is that he set a budget every year for each manager to operate within and injected cash into the club annually to ensure it could meet its financial liabilities. A US state pension fund will not be intending to do the same and therefore if things go wrong they are more likely to walk away and leave us in real trouble financially as they will have a duty to the members of the pension fund to manage the fund sensibly. Whereas under Evans it was solely his decision to continue to fund us and to his credit he always did so - perhaps not spending the millions that other owners have done but injecting cash nonetheless.

I think that is a thoroughly fair and accurate assessment. Hedge fund owners of clubs tend not to want to, nor can afford to, cover operating losses year on year. And this will be no different I suspect.

It's a risk for sure. We lose financial stability but we gain a different regime with a chance of better decisions being made. Which hopefully leads to a more sustainable financial footing that way (higher player resale values, less waste on rubbish players, better performances on the pitch = better revenue).

I bet they'll suspect they can do something significant with our other commercial sources of income too, as I think we don't do too well there.

Basically what it boils down to is:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:32 - Feb 26 with 588 viewsSpruceMoose

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:27 - Feb 26 by Timefliesbyintheblue

We don't know the size of the pension fund in question. £30 million could be a quite small percentage. A long term investment in a football club like ITFC could be a very sound one.
May I just add that however jubilant we may or may not feel, let us try and keep more humility and dignity than we did when Mr Evans took over. I was one of those at Carrow Road that year when £20 notes were waved at the Norwich supporters in a gesture of 'Look what we now have'; we all are aware how that ended up!

Whereabouts in The Barclay were you sitting?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:43 - Feb 26 with 532 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:27 - Feb 26 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Evans has said we've made a loss in all but one of his 13 years in charge. Not sure how that makes "a very sound" long term investment!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:44 - Feb 26 with 524 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:28 - Feb 26 by m14_blue

So all those people saying “there’s no smoke without fire” were doubly right.

Very good, take a bow sir.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:45 - Feb 26 with 512 viewstractordownsouth

Yeah that bit sounds a bit dodgy to me, but we'll see. I imagine it'll be either Arizona or Rhode Island, as those seem to be the two states where Johnson has links? More likely Arizona, as it's the bigger one.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:47 - Feb 26 with 504 viewsSpruceMoose

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:45 - Feb 26 by tractordownsouth

Yeah that bit sounds a bit dodgy to me, but we'll see. I imagine it'll be either Arizona or Rhode Island, as those seem to be the two states where Johnson has links? More likely Arizona, as it's the bigger one.

Just wait until our new CEO - ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio - is announced.

Scenes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 449 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:43 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Evans has said we've made a loss in all but one of his 13 years in charge. Not sure how that makes "a very sound" long term investment!

That is a very good point; but it is all about potential I guess. Even pension funds are willing to allow a very small percentage of their investment to be higher than usual risk. Until we know their plans in full it is all guesswork.
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 425 viewschrismakin

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 16:27 - Feb 26 by Timefliesbyintheblue

That is a very good point; but it is all about potential I guess. Even pension funds are willing to allow a very small percentage of their investment to be higher than usual risk. Until we know their plans in full it is all guesswork.

Thing is Evans didnt do anything with itfc

Weve had the occasional concert but that's it. You dintsee alot of commercial announcements other than charities or to ME Group itself etc

This brett guy will be all over commercial opportunities

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 17:03 - Feb 26 with 391 viewsfloridaboy

Driving down Princes Street, you look up and on the back of the stand it reads

SAN DIEGO FIRE AND RESCUE DEPARTMENT STAND

Has a certain ring about it!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024