Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe 20:26 - Mar 3 with 2531 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Maybe on 20:31 - Mar 3 with 2052 viewsSpruceMoose

No.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Maybe on 20:33 - Mar 3 with 2018 viewsSouperJim

Jesus wept

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Maybe on 20:33 - Mar 3 with 2012 viewsCokeIsKey

Don’t think so. That would’ve happened ages before the priority land registry search.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Maybe on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 1957 viewsFixed_It

Yeah. Apparently they didn't like the colour scheme....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Maybe on 20:39 - Mar 3 with 1931 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 20:31 - Mar 3 by SpruceMoose

No.

[content removed at owner's request]

Maybe on 20:42 - Mar 3 with 1887 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe on 20:39 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

You're probably right. They didn't like the tiling in the showers.

Use your sense lad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Maybe on 20:43 - Mar 3 with 1869 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 20:42 - Mar 3 by SpruceMoose

You're probably right. They didn't like the tiling in the showers.

Use your sense lad.

Maybe on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 1848 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe on 20:43 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

Maybe one of the American's guffed in his office and he took exception to it.

There, you can have that explanation for free.

It's as likely as yours!

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1805 viewsSouperJim

Maybe on 20:39 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

Yep, they had a bit of a nose around today, saw a couple of scruffy looking paint jobs and thought "that'll cost at least £10 to put right, we're out".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Maybe on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 1700 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Except it doesn't. Evans statement clearly reads that he has never had an offer that meets his valuation. Your explanation says he accepted an offer and it has fallen through.

I wouldn't read too much into Evans' statement. If it had said there was an offer but it fell through, that would have been concerning. I don't really know what to make of his statement but it is the only thing that does not fit with a lot of other evidence.

When there is a lot of evidence pointing in one direction and one piece doesn't I would take a closer look at the odd bit of data rather than dismiss all the other bits.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe on 21:07 - Mar 3 with 1601 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 20:53 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Except it doesn't. Evans statement clearly reads that he has never had an offer that meets his valuation. Your explanation says he accepted an offer and it has fallen through.

I wouldn't read too much into Evans' statement. If it had said there was an offer but it fell through, that would have been concerning. I don't really know what to make of his statement but it is the only thing that does not fit with a lot of other evidence.

When there is a lot of evidence pointing in one direction and one piece doesn't I would take a closer look at the odd bit of data rather than dismiss all the other bits.

Maybe on 21:11 - Mar 3 with 1542 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 20:46 - Mar 3 by SouperJim

Yep, they had a bit of a nose around today, saw a couple of scruffy looking paint jobs and thought "that'll cost at least £10 to put right, we're out".

Maybe on 21:12 - Mar 3 with 1537 viewsCoastalblue

Maybe on 21:07 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

I'm not sure he's actually said that, he's worded things cleverly to suggest that but it doesn't read to me that there is definitively no deal going ahead.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Maybe on 21:15 - Mar 3 with 1488 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 21:12 - Mar 3 by Coastalblue

I'm not sure he's actually said that, he's worded things cleverly to suggest that but it doesn't read to me that there is definitively no deal going ahead.

Maybe on 21:21 - Mar 3 with 1443 viewsCrayonKing

I’d interpret “there is no offer currently acceptable to me or the club” to just be a bit of last-minute haggling. I.e. “increase your offer to one that is acceptable”.

Even played the “other interested parties” card like any good estate agent.

Not as concerning as it first appears IMO
Maybe on 21:22 - Mar 3 with 1425 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe on 21:07 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

But businesses work differently to buying a house. When you buy a house you make an offer and then have the survey etc. In business companies often will discuss the price, agree if they want to proceed, then undertake due diligence ie buyer reviews the books etc, the seller checks if the buyer has the funds etc and after that is complete then a formal offer is put on the table.

So the new owners could be in the process of doing the due diligence including obtaining approval from the FL and then the formal offer will arrive.

Therefore all Evan's saying is that offer hasn't arrived yet, but doesnt mean a buyer isnt undertaking due diligence and a formal offer put on the table very soon
Maybe on 21:24 - Mar 3 with 1396 viewsmrshallisfit

Maybe on 20:33 - Mar 3 by SouperJim

Jesus wept

How old is he?
Maybe on 21:25 - Mar 3 with 1378 viewsBryanPlug

Maybe on 21:21 - Mar 3 by CrayonKing

I’d interpret “there is no offer currently acceptable to me or the club” to just be a bit of last-minute haggling. I.e. “increase your offer to one that is acceptable”.

Even played the “other interested parties” card like any good estate agent.

Not as concerning as it first appears IMO

Maybe on 21:27 - Mar 3 with 1343 viewsCoastalblue

Maybe on 21:25 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

There's probably a deal in principle but small details to finalise, you know the bits when you have to decide whether to take the light bulbs or curtain rails or if they get left for the new owner.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Maybe on 21:30 - Mar 3 with 1307 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's only dishonest if he has actually accepted an offer and is saying he hasn't.

As has already been pointed out the situation appears to be something like this:

There is a rich consortium that has decided to buy the club. They have had a good look at everything and are now at the point of due diligence. The final price is not yet agreed but it is pretty certain that it will be - they know the value and so does Evans.

What needs ironing out is whether they are happy for Evans to retain a 5% stake and, if so, how many millions less they pay for the club or what level of investment Evans will maintain to go with that stake. Details along those lines that would only become deal breakers if Evans has a better offer on the table (I am sure he doesn't).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe on 07:14 - Mar 4 with 1088 viewsshamboy

The only thing that would put them off Ipswich would be the fear of subsidence caused by the massive hole you are digging yourself into.
Maybe on 07:20 - Mar 4 with 1066 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Maybe on 07:14 - Mar 4 by shamboy

The only thing that would put them off Ipswich would be the fear of subsidence caused by the massive hole you are digging yourself into.

haha

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Maybe on 07:20 - Mar 4 with 1058 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Perhaps they saw the extensive fire damage and pulled the plug immediately.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Maybe on 07:35 - Mar 4 with 991 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe on 21:15 - Mar 3 by BryanPlug

Were you the type of child who couldn’t wait for Christmas and unwrapped each present at the corners beforehand and sellotaped them back up by any chance ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Maybe on 07:45 - Mar 4 with 956 viewstivo

N

D

A
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024