Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team 21:59 - Mar 6 with 4018 viewsLowie

All this talk of being 'spoilt for riches' in midfield that everyone has been banging on about forever is totally unravelling.

I don't doubt some of our young players have great potential, but the priority is getting out of this division. Bishop is lightweight, injury prone but undoubtedly skilful. Andre, for me, offers very little. Downes has the potential to be the best of the bunch but needs to control himself. Nolan (although injured) offers us nothing either, nor does Huws. Lancaster, Dobra and El Miz have such limited experience, even at this level.

We need someone that will boss the middle of the park, organise the guys around them and someone that will put themselves through a brick wall for the team. The 'men against boys' description has been used in relation to today which I don't like, but certainly agree with. We need to fight, impose ourselves on the opposition. This is the third tier, we shouldn't try to play like Barcelona. We need to be tough, direct and well organised. Doing the simple things well will get us promoted. The main reason we are where we is because we haven't done this.

Cook has already mentioned Skuse in glowing terms, my prediction is he'll walk straight into the team and take on this role. He's not a player that sets the world on fire, but I am so fed up of our over-rated midfield shambles that I'd happily get behind trying something different.
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 11:30 - Mar 7 with 715 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I agree with the principle in the sense that Skuse is ideally suited to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Yesterday is exactly the sort of game we needed him. Personally I think that we should be looking for a younger more dynamic version, so I would personally release him at the end of the season

Poll: Our final position

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:41 - Mar 8 with 666 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 23:01 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

As a caveat to the above: he's also 35. I'm not sure we'll see him play again. He'll make a bloody good coach though.

hE wIlL Be A cRaCkINg CoAcH

bEcAuSE hE sTrIkEs you so well

We know that.
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:48 - Mar 8 with 653 viewsSpruceMoose

Love him. Represents the club well and upsets all the right people.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:55 - Mar 8 with 650 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:48 - Mar 8 by SpruceMoose

Skuse: Hugely Disappointing, We Can Only Apologise 5th Jun 2020 11:01
Vice-captain Cole Skuse admits the Blues’ season will have been “hugely disappointing” if the League One campaign is curtailed and they finish 11th on unweighted points per game, as appears likely, and issued an apology for what would be the club’s lowest position for 67 years. 52

I need the hankies !

Further apologies in 2 months time and nice words from him that they know they have to do much better next season.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 0:56]
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:59 - Mar 8 with 639 viewsSpruceMoose

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 00:48 - Mar 8 by SpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 01:01 - Mar 8 with 636 viewsStenvict

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 22:20 - Mar 6 by rgp1

I said this on here the other day like one or two others. Ask yourself the question why did previous managers always pick Skuse and Chambers?

The answer is simple you need as Joe Royle once said battle hardened' players.

Remember the 2-1 win at Wigan a few years back when Skuse got sent off and we were hanging on for dear life.

Gonna have to pull you up on this. He definitely didn't get sent off in the 2-1 win away to Wigan in the play off season
I don't actually remember him EVER getting sent off for us.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 12:59 - Mar 8 with 582 viewsrgp1

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 01:01 - Mar 8 by Stenvict

Gonna have to pull you up on this. He definitely didn't get sent off in the 2-1 win away to Wigan in the play off season
I don't actually remember him EVER getting sent off for us.

Yeah I think you are right. He definitely got subbed though and we fell apart.
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 13:13 - Mar 8 with 578 viewsjayessess

Did our midfield impose itself on the opposition last season? Just asking because Cole Skuse started more games last season than any other midfielder.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 13:21 - Mar 8 with 571 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 23:45 - Mar 6 by noubledooble

Totally agree with this post. An experienced head like Skuse was missing today and there’s been several games this season I’ve thought that. Bishop looked lost at times today. Some games a Skuse type player is what’s needed I’m afraid that’s league 1 football.

That was the sort of game we needed in him, he wins his headers in midfield, offers protection against the counter attack and is rarely out of position

If he was fit this season, he wouldn't have played every week but would have had an important role in games like that one on Saturday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 14:01 - Mar 8 with 552 viewsjayessess

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 13:21 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

That was the sort of game we needed in him, he wins his headers in midfield, offers protection against the counter attack and is rarely out of position

If he was fit this season, he wouldn't have played every week but would have had an important role in games like that one on Saturday

You say that, but Skuse played 90 minutes in both games against Gillingham last season, which unfolded in fairly similar ways to this season's encounters, give or take the quality of the Gills' finishing.

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 14:05 - Mar 8 with 540 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 14:01 - Mar 8 by jayessess

You say that, but Skuse played 90 minutes in both games against Gillingham last season, which unfolded in fairly similar ways to this season's encounters, give or take the quality of the Gills' finishing.

Gillingham had one decent chance down at Priestfield last year if I remember rightly and we were playing Alan Judge up front randomly.....the home game was terrible but they were just as happy with 0-0.

We were bullied all game at the weekend, that wasn't the case last season - I'm not a massive Skuse fan but he has his role and Saturday was a time when you needed a proper DM to win their headers and slow it down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 14:24 - Mar 8 with 521 viewsjayessess

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 14:05 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Gillingham had one decent chance down at Priestfield last year if I remember rightly and we were playing Alan Judge up front randomly.....the home game was terrible but they were just as happy with 0-0.

We were bullied all game at the weekend, that wasn't the case last season - I'm not a massive Skuse fan but he has his role and Saturday was a time when you needed a proper DM to win their headers and slow it down

IMO the dynamics were pretty similar, but with the locations reversed. Only game of the four where we've had more than a couple of shots on target was the one last October.

Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 15:01 - Mar 8 with 505 viewsBlueForYou

You don't half become a great player when you're out of the side for 6 months..!!
Cole Skuse - he'll be straight back in the team on 15:10 - Mar 8 with 498 viewseddiespearitt03

Na, not Cole Skuse. Do we have to go back to the " camped in our own half" games ? . Seen far too many of those thanks.

I accept we are short of options to ignite this team in to an attacking outfit and to be strong defensively. We,ll have to make do but going back to the same old routine of previous seasons is not an option. The only real hope is that Paul Cook is allowed to release players and recruit some untapped quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024