Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Motorcycle owners here? 16:53 - Mar 16 with 4002 viewsearlsgreenblue

Don’t see much on here about bikes, it’s generally cars, but I wonder how many bikers we have on here? What have you got? Where do you go, How long have you been into 2 wheels?
I’ll start it off, BMW GS 310, up in the mountains here in Madeira & had my first bike ( Mobylete) 52 years ago cost my dad £10, had an assortment since, lots of off road, Mx,trials, grass track, now road only & much slower!
Motorcycle owners here? on 16:56 - Mar 16 with 2254 viewsartsbossbeard

My company car goes back at the end of April and I'm contemplating 2 wheels again as I loved it. Customer base is local/East Anglia, so very much doable.

Although, I'd better get something more reliable than my old Lambretta Li175.

I still miss her...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Motorcycle owners here? on 17:14 - Mar 16 with 2204 viewsbluelagos

A kwaka and a duke.

And now that we can go out to a recreation spot, we can legally ride now too :-) (Pairs only - Max 6 from 29th)

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2021/01/can-i-go-out-on-my-motorcyc

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Motorcycle owners here? on 17:16 - Mar 16 with 2195 viewsEdwardStone

Loads of old British bikes up until the late 1980s....must have had about 30 of them, mostly a bit worn and world-weary

Then a couple of Notons/Triumphs and Ducatis in the 1990s

Now I'm a fat old boy with a goatee beard....so it has to be a big slow Harley
Motorcycle owners here? on 18:32 - Mar 16 with 2125 viewsMeadowlark

Triumph Bonneville T140V.
Had it since new in 1981. Blue of course.
Don't ride it as much now as I used to.
Got my only speeding ticket on the way home from Town v Arsenal in August 78. That was on my Yamaha XS750.
Motorcycle owners here? on 19:20 - Mar 16 with 2080 viewsEdwardStone

I think Mr Lagos rides a bike....pedal one and a motorbike too

And there is a bloke in the matchday chatroom who is HarleyBlue....I suspect he rides too
Motorcycle owners here? on 20:57 - Mar 16 with 2065 viewsfactual_blue

Motorcycle owners here? on 16:56 - Mar 16 by artsbossbeard

My company car goes back at the end of April and I'm contemplating 2 wheels again as I loved it. Customer base is local/East Anglia, so very much doable.

I still miss her...

How will you carry the ladder, bucket of water and chamois leather?

Still there's got to be a marketing opportunity for the two-wheeled window cleaner.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Motorcycle owners here? on 21:06 - Mar 16 with 2058 viewscooperd5

Had bikes for years, fizzy to fireblade, R1, 916 etc. Last one was Triumph tiger 800,sold it last year and looking for something soon but dunno what, Monster, Bonneville maybe.
Motorcycle owners here? on 18:04 - Mar 17 with 2014 viewsbluelagos

Motorcycle owners here? on 21:06 - Mar 16 by cooperd5

Had bikes for years, fizzy to fireblade, R1, 916 etc. Last one was Triumph tiger 800,sold it last year and looking for something soon but dunno what, Monster, Bonneville maybe.

You in Ipswich?

Orwells have got the KTM francise now as well as Kwaka and Suzuki. Lings have Honda and Triumph. Stowmarket for Yamaha at Mototechnics.

Bit of a journey for Ducati - Norwich, Romford and Cambridge.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 18:06]

Login to get fewer ads

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:25 - Mar 17 with 1993 viewscooperd5

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:04 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

You in Ipswich?

Orwells have got the KTM francise now as well as Kwaka and Suzuki. Lings have Honda and Triumph. Stowmarket for Yamaha at Mototechnics.

Yes, well near enough. I'm waiting for dealers to open and plan to have a look around, plenty of time.
My brother has just bought a Monster 821 which I like the look of, may grab a ride on that when I can
Motorcycle owners here? on 18:41 - Mar 17 with 1983 viewsbluelagos

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:25 - Mar 17 by cooperd5

Yes, well near enough. I'm waiting for dealers to open and plan to have a look around, plenty of time.
My brother has just bought a Monster 821 which I like the look of, may grab a ride on that when I can

The Ducati's do look the bollox,

If I was rich enough I'd put a panigale on my living room wall.

Motorcycle owners here? on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 1961 viewsfabian_illness

Speedway years ago.
Bit of grasstrack, eastern centre champion early 00’s.
Then a string of Italian twins on the road, ended up with a RSV1000 on track, done a few clubman meetings and was desperate to do the TT. Came off the bike fairly heavily at Cadwell park and havnt been on one since. I do fancy another one though.
Motorcycle owners here? on 20:10 - Mar 17 with 1931 viewsrfretwell

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:04 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

You in Ipswich?

2018 cherry red Honda CB500F since last June. Walton on Thames area. We were all into Lambrettas back in my late teens. Great times but cars and family came along and two wheels took a very lengthy back seat. Then a mate in Capel gave me a pillion on his Li 175 through Constable country. Again great fun so i did a refresher day course in Camberley and the bike search was on. We should arrange a meet up.
Motorcycle owners here? on 20:28 - Mar 17 with 1909 viewsTIB

Been riding around three years on the roads here although helped having spent summers in States riding dirt bikes and quads when I was younger with balance and clutch use. Very much ride through summer, scratching around backroads. Love it to clear the head, but have to be so on the ball.

I started on a Husky Vitpilen 401, jumped to Svartpilen 701 pretty quickly. Really fun, single cylinder bikes, although looks are not for everyone. The American in me meant I ticked off the Harley itch last year with an 883 Iron. Relaxed, fun ride...I originally liked it being super loud as it meant drivers were aware of your presence but after a while it was tedious.

Currently ticking off the inline-four Jap bike with a CBR650f. Engine is super smooth, more than enough power, do find it crazy that some would consider the bike an entry level bike but there we go.

Really love the Guzzi V7iii’s, test rode one but too much money and they don’t drop much on used market. Still yet to try a BMW boxer engine as do love the looks of that R Nine Pure.

Ride safe all you TWTD riders.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Motorcycle owners here? on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 1908 viewsBluespeed225

I still miss her...

I'm a P2 boy these days, but my GP was a beautiful thing. I still have a hankering for an SX, but i'm not paying comedy prices. I turned one down for 600 quid in eaylr 90;s, untouched, 1 owner, Revetts bike. I though it was too pricey! stick another zero on that now! Best fun was a 90SS replica, proudest moment, Vespa 90, November 82'.
Motorcycle owners here? on 21:25 - Mar 17 with 1862 viewsCrawfordsboot

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:41 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

I seem to remember my lad telling me you kept yours in the lounge
Motorcycle owners here? on 21:40 - Mar 17 with 1845 viewscooperd5

Motorcycle owners here? on 18:41 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

They are art as well as motorcycles.
Same brother had a Panigale 1199 a couple of years ago, a joy to look at. Even the pillion pegs were exquisite, time spent on the design of even mundane parts.
Motorcycle owners here? on 00:15 - Mar 18 with 1800 viewsBLUEBEAT

I still miss her...

An Li175?!?!?

So it had an uprated lump/barrel or a TV engine in it?

I still have a GP200 but in the past have owned, and in this order, V100, PX180, SX150, P200E, P210EFL, SS180, P200E, GP150, Rally200, GP225, GP200.

Have also had a Norton Commando 750 (less reliable than any Lambretta/Vespa I’ve owned) and I’ve also got a Trumpet bitsa (also a piece of sh!t, but planned to look like that!)
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 0:17]

Poll: W or W

Motorcycle owners here? on 01:36 - Mar 18 with 1787 viewsSarge

Motorcycle owners here? on 20:10 - Mar 17 by rfretwell

2018 cherry red Honda CB500F since last June. Walton on Thames area. We were all into Lambrettas back in my late teens. Great times but cars and family came along and two wheels took a very lengthy back seat. Then a mate in Capel gave me a pillion on his Li 175 through Constable country. Again great fun so i did a refresher day course in Camberley and the bike search was on. We should arrange a meet up.

WoT eh? I shall give you a wave then if I see a red Honda riding around
Motorcycle owners here? on 03:21 - Mar 18 with 1772 viewsBluespeed225

Motorcycle owners here? on 00:15 - Mar 18 by BLUEBEAT

An Li175?!?!?

I still have a GP200 but in the past have owned, and in this order, V100, PX180, SX150, P200E, P210EFL, SS180, P200E, GP150, Rally200, GP225, GP200.

Have also had a Norton Commando 750 (less reliable than any Lambretta/Vespa I’ve owned) and I’ve also got a Trumpet bitsa (also a piece of sh!t, but planned to look like that!)

A Rally 200 might tempt me to splurge again! I was given a 180 by an old boy on the estate in 83. I'd seen him about for years on it, got chatting one day, said did i want it! It literally fell apart riding round Chantry to get home! Floor went through, exhaust fell off( i thought I'd just rum something over), rear brake was just about surrounded by enough metal to hold it in place. it was a 72', bad year for italian steel..
Motorcycle owners here? on 07:35 - Mar 18 with 1728 viewsartsbossbeard

An Li175?!?!?

Yep, engine swapout.

Italian import, originally registered in 1966 and the engine swap was done prior to me owning it. Still got all the receipts somewhere too.

Stupid, unreliable thing of beauty.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Motorcycle owners here? on 08:29 - Mar 18 with 1712 viewsitfcst

I've gone through a fair few over the years including 2 GSXR1000's, 2 Fireblades, Sprint ST 1050, R1200GS Adventure and now have a BMW K1300S

www.ASSE-kids.fr
Poll: Which bin do cats go in?

Motorcycle owners here? on 08:46 - Mar 18 with 1696 viewsLeBlue

Yamaha Tracer 700 (MT-07). Absolutely love it. Nimble and light enough to filter through traffic and enough grunt to blow anything 4-wheeled away at the lights. Practical enough for commuting and fun enough for the weekends.
Motorcycle owners here? on 08:54 - Mar 18 with 1686 viewsbluelagos

Motorcycle owners here? on 08:29 - Mar 18 by itfcst

I've gone through a fair few over the years including 2 GSXR1000's, 2 Fireblades, Sprint ST 1050, R1200GS Adventure and now have a BMW K1300S

From sports bike to adventure bike. A well trodden path to be sure.

Am still resisting the call of the adventure bike, loads of mates are on Tigers atm. Few more going Orange, especially now KTM are local.

Motorcycle owners here? on 13:01 - Mar 18 with 1629 viewsBLUEBEAT

Motorcycle owners here? on 03:21 - Mar 18 by Bluespeed225

A Rally 200 might tempt me to splurge again! I was given a 180 by an old boy on the estate in 83. I'd seen him about for years on it, got chatting one day, said did i want it! It literally fell apart riding round Chantry to get home! Floor went through, exhaust fell off( i thought I'd just rum something over), rear brake was just about surrounded by enough metal to hold it in place. it was a 72', bad year for italian steel..

Haha classic.

Have to say the SS180 is my favourite Vespa but they are well known for rotting floorboards (and the strengthening runners underneath).

I bought mine (early 1965 model) for £100 off a farmer near Beccles who used it to run round the fields checking livestock. He’d had it from new, so I was the second owner. I bought it in 1991 and wish I still had it. It was standard monza red when I had it and ran it into the ground. It is now ivory white, fully restored and lives somewhere in Torquay.

Poll: W or W

Motorcycle owners here? on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 1614 viewsleitrimblue

An Li175?!?!?

A few GP,s, Li series 2 with GP200 engine, sx 200 (jet 200) Some wierd lambretta chopper called scream. Few Px,s an P2,s genuine ss90 bought for 80 quid. Main drive in early 90,s was T5.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024