Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 5 Point Plan 11:49 - Mar 18 with 904 viewsPattiswickBlue

I saw a post on twitter with what changes/adaptations would want to see to the five point plan; if Evans stays on.

‪Regarding Point 1 (Academy) - Need to employ more youth coaches from outside the club, Ipswich are trying to develop to many youth coaches at once. Get the best coaches available, will increase academy players quality.‬

‪Point 2 (Salary) - As Mick Mills said; we need to buy quality rather than quantity. Instead of buying 10 players, buy 4 quality players.‬ We have to manage the budget better, we waste money on loans and free transfers who are not worth it. For example, Ward, Cornell, Hawkins, Roberts, Thomas, Earl, Georgiou, Edun, Graham. I think you get the point now!

‪Point 3 (Transfer Fees) - I agree with this point, I think we should buy young players low and sell them high. But, for this to work we need to improve our recruitment. Our last successful purchase was probably Waghorn. You could argue KVY.

Hurst’s recruitment was an attempt at this but it was woeful, none of the players he signed are championship quality, apart from potentially Edwards on form.

‪Point 4 (Stable Management) - We have not seen this one in action yet! However, I would agree with it, we need to get right behind Cook and give him the time he needs, as he will be successful for us. ‬

‪Point 5 (Attractive/Exciting Football) - If we want this our recruitment needs to improve. I.E buying players to suit 4-2-3-1. Dynamic Full Backs, Pacey Direct Wingers and a Creative Number 10. Not signing a 35 full back to play in a 4-3-3!
The 5 Point Plan on 12:08 - Mar 18 with 838 viewsDarth_Koont

Point 5 is always going to be nice to have as there is no guarantee there.

But we largely abandoned the 5-point plan with Hurst and then Lambert. Relegation was mostly due to poor team management but our inability to settle and impose ourselves on League One feels as much about the continued absence of any long-term direction.

Pronouns: He/Him

The 5 Point Plan on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 785 viewsdirtyboy

Point 5.

Dos Santos.

Magiliton said he was specifically to get bums on seats and get the crowd excited.

Oh how he did that.
The 5 Point Plan on 13:35 - Mar 18 with 771 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 5 Point Plan on 12:08 - Mar 18 by Darth_Koont

Point 5 is always going to be nice to have as there is no guarantee there.

But we largely abandoned the 5-point plan with Hurst and then Lambert. Relegation was mostly due to poor team management but our inability to settle and impose ourselves on League One feels as much about the continued absence of any long-term direction.

It's almost impossible to follow isn't it? Too many things are aspirations/goals without an actual plan how to get there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The 5 Point Plan on 13:43 - Mar 18 with 758 viewsjayessess

Point 4 is a bit of a hostage to fortune, I'd say. You can't practice stable management if the guy in charge doesn't warrant it. "Stability" with Lambert already cost us 2 wasted seasons.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The 5 Point Plan on 13:52 - Mar 18 with 748 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Point 1. Evans does the right thing and decides to sell the club

Point 2. Evans agrees to sell the club to suitable investors.

Point 3. Evans actually sells the club to said investors.

Point 4. Investors invest.

Point 5. Promotion.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The 5 Point Plan on 14:00 - Mar 18 with 733 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 5 Point Plan on 13:43 - Mar 18 by jayessess

Point 4 is a bit of a hostage to fortune, I'd say. You can't practice stable management if the guy in charge doesn't warrant it. "Stability" with Lambert already cost us 2 wasted seasons.

It's a mind numbingly stupid aim when you've a track record of employing buffoons. The stability should be a layer above the manager, so that it doesn't matter who comes in and how often, they come into an established structure. We pick managers that suit the style that structure is set up for, and recruit players who do too - having the same ethos running through the club from the kids to the first team.

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The 5 Point Plan on 14:00 - Mar 18 with 729 viewsDarth_Koont

The 5 Point Plan on 13:35 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

It's almost impossible to follow isn't it? Too many things are aspirations/goals without an actual plan how to get there.

I actually thought we did most of it pretty well under Mick for his last few years though clearly we didn’t win enough or, in the absence of winning, entertain enough.

But to get most of it right also needed Mick and TC staying on track and holding things together.

It’s been clear with Hurst and Lambert that you’re leaving way too much to chance if that overall strategy is in the manager’s hands. You’re right that needs a plan and probably an infrastructure to be sure we’re doing the right things.

Pronouns: He/Him

The 5 Point Plan on 14:26 - Mar 18 with 704 viewsmonty_radio

The 5 Point Plan on 13:35 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know if Town are more prone to these grandiose but vacuous calls than other clubs, but we've sure had a few. Even back in the days of John Kerr I seem to recall a 5 point plan that went something like:
Get better
Improve on that
Develop what we're good at
Incorporate it in the plan
Get better still

Unlike Stalin's five year plans it wasn't achieved in three, but it was harmless, if vague.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

The 5 Point Plan on 14:35 - Mar 18 with 697 viewsjayessess

The 5 Point Plan on 14:00 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

It's a mind numbingly stupid aim when you've a track record of employing buffoons. The stability should be a layer above the manager, so that it doesn't matter who comes in and how often, they come into an established structure. We pick managers that suit the style that structure is set up for, and recruit players who do too - having the same ethos running through the club from the kids to the first team.

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway.

The current structure is testament to Marcus Evans' patented "hands off but no hands on" method of management, where he doesn't make decisions but won't let anyone else do it either.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The 5 Point Plan on 15:13 - Mar 18 with 665 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The 5 Point Plan on 13:43 - Mar 18 by jayessess

Cook has to be judged on results not feelgood. It's not the 70's anymore. If we're not up, or looking dead cert to be up within a year he must go.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

The 5 Point Plan on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 632 viewschrismakin

The 5 Point Plan on 15:13 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

Cook has to be judged on results not feelgood. It's not the 70's anymore. If we're not up, or looking dead cert to be up within a year he must go.

Out of interest Blue

If PC cant do it.
What manager do you think could
And if that one doesnt who then would you get

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The 5 Point Plan on 17:48 - Mar 18 with 603 viewsTieDyedIn95

The 5 Point Plan on 17:09 - Mar 18 by chrismakin

Out of interest Blue

If PC cant do it.
What manager do you think could
And if that one doesnt who then would you get

There's absolutely nothing to be gained from changing manager every season either. This club cannot be fixed in a year.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024