Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook 17:21 - Mar 27 with 1400 viewsbilllm

Maybe it was his wigan sidekick who was the brains,ie culverhouse and lambert, lambert was lost without culverhouse, on the other hand it could be our players are over paid and rubbish,
Cook on 17:21 - Mar 27 with 1384 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook on 17:22 - Mar 27 with 1355 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This job is gonna be Cook's graveyard. The players he has to deal with.
Cook on 17:27 - Mar 27 with 1305 viewsOjc

I know people will say it’s a knee jerk reaction to bad start at the helm but I’m genuinely worried this maybe the case
Cook on 17:32 - Mar 27 with 1248 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Richardson will join in the summer anyway.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook on 17:35 - Mar 27 with 1218 viewsWD19

If he is, we will find out in the summer.
Cook on 17:36 - Mar 27 with 1214 viewsKieran_Knows

Pretty certain Richardson will be joining once the Wigan takeover goes through and they appoint a new managed.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cook on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 1162 viewsDubtractor

Cook on 17:32 - Mar 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

The comments from Cook did seem to make it pretty obvious that was going to be the case.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cook on 18:10 - Mar 27 with 1076 viewsnshearman1

Cook on 17:47 - Mar 27 by Dubtractor

The comments from Cook did seem to make it pretty obvious that was going to be the case.

Let's hope so. It first occurred to me during the Portsmouth game where it looked like our man was a character full of blood and thunder, but the Cowleys had the brains. I fervently hope this is not the case. I know I'm going against some of my very good friends here but I do think nearly a month into the job the Manager should be making a difference at least with the players' performance. It may be that he's trying to fit round pegs into square holes with this formation he insists on, but it's also down to him to make the best of what he's got. I'm not seeing any significant improvement yet, not with his starting sides, not after half-time team talks, not with substitutions. Throwing KVY in today felt like an act of desperation, playing Sears was...well, a moot point. It is of course early days but the summer will be critical now. Far far more important for this club in the long-term is the mooted takeover which seems to have gone away. That is far worse news than anything else.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook on 18:22 - Mar 27 with 1034 viewsArnieM

Oh dear our poor, poor players ..whatever will they do if he’s another “ shouty coach” .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cook on 18:22 - Mar 27 with 1025 viewsTrequartista

Cook on 17:22 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

This job is gonna be Cook's graveyard. The players he has to deal with.

True, but he can't be given a free pass like people gave Lambert. Lambert got more wins than defeats out of these players this season. A low bar, but something Cook isn't even achieving.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cook on 18:25 - Mar 27 with 1005 viewsArnieM

Cook on 18:10 - Mar 27 by nshearman1

Let's hope so. It first occurred to me during the Portsmouth game where it looked like our man was a character full of blood and thunder, but the Cowleys had the brains. I fervently hope this is not the case. I know I'm going against some of my very good friends here but I do think nearly a month into the job the Manager should be making a difference at least with the players' performance. It may be that he's trying to fit round pegs into square holes with this formation he insists on, but it's also down to him to make the best of what he's got. I'm not seeing any significant improvement yet, not with his starting sides, not after half-time team talks, not with substitutions. Throwing KVY in today felt like an act of desperation, playing Sears was...well, a moot point. It is of course early days but the summer will be critical now. Far far more important for this club in the long-term is the mooted takeover which seems to have gone away. That is far worse news than anything else.

Tbh I think this squad is a completely spent force. The sooner this Eason ends the better, and PC can offload the lot of them. He is 8n many ways so lucky because these players are out of contract ...so “ cheerio” to the lot of them and frankly good riddance to the lot of them.

Cook on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 929 viewsnshearman1

Cook on 18:25 - Mar 27 by ArnieM

Tbh I think this squad is a completely spent force. The sooner this Eason ends the better, and PC can offload the lot of them. He is 8n many ways so lucky because these players are out of contract ...so “ cheerio” to the lot of them and frankly good riddance to the lot of them.

I really hope you're right, Liz, because that is fixable but this season feels like it has been another missed opportunity for our once-great club. And the Owner still remains....
Cook on 19:18 - Mar 27 with 840 viewsArnieM

Cook on 18:46 - Mar 27 by nshearman1

I really hope you're right, Liz, because that is fixable but this season feels like it has been another missed opportunity for our once-great club. And the Owner still remains....

Well hopefully come the close season Nick, we’ll all be feeling a lot better about our prospects , I feel confident PC snd his assistant manager who’ll be joining us will sort this out. He’s done brilliant jobs at clubs with smaller budgets than here . He will be offloading virtually all out of contract players I think . One of two might survive , but many won’t . Which is why we are seeing this mutiny now I think .

Just remember when Bobby Robson came in to the club he hand stand offs in the dressing room . Hurst wasn’t strong enough , Lambert definitely wasn’t but Cook had the ace up his sleeve with this shower of shyte for a squad , they’re all on borrowed time re contracts and he’ll just him the the lot of them . I wouldn’t rule out something on the ownership yet either .

Cook on 19:27 - Mar 27 with 805 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook on 10:18 - Mar 30 with 484 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The players have only amazingly become over paid and rubbish since Cook arrived though. Before then we had the best squad in the league. So what is really going on?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Cook on 10:20 - Mar 30 with 475 viewsMrTown

Cook on 10:18 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

The players have only amazingly become over paid and rubbish since Cook arrived though. Before then we had the best squad in the league. So what is really going on?

The players got away with it under Lambert, due to Lamberts poor relationship with the fans, the fans were happy to lay a lot if not all the blame at Lamberts door.

In reality, these players were equally at fault for consistently being poor.

They had the excuse of a poor manager previously, that excuse does not stand up anymore.

And they are ultimately been found out for been the poor footballers that they are.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024